sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Like I said who needs a V8 when the TTV6 is pumping out numbers like that? It’s no slouch

Not really. Germans are bumping out over 500 hp easily, some even gets over 600 hp with performance models.
But Fuel consumption will def outclass the German's TTv8 if this is what people care.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
I'm sure this will be a pure 10spd AT

The 4 spd w/ cvt theoretically combines both fuel efficiency and realism of traditional direct speed auto, but the weird sensation of constant revving is still pretty artificial, not to mention the fake noise it produces. I'm ok with ecvt on economy cars on large scales, however for high end luxury cars, direct shift auto is still the only way to go.

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
This just proves that the V35FTS is a very advance motor. I hope the next LS.Hybrid gets this. It will solve all performance issues. I don’t see v8s coming back when they can tune this at will. I’m not saying it’s not coming but this v6 is a killer and if and when the 8 comes they will have both a very potent v6 and 8.

mordecai

Follower
Reactions

I was just reading Lexus’ press release on the new infotainment system developed by TMNA. From the release, it looks like the system is currently supports touchscreens up to 14 inches. With this rumor saying the new LX will have a screen up to 17 inches, I wonder if this tidbit means these rumors of the LX750 can be shot down.

The new system features multiple touchscreen options from 8- inches up-to 14-inches, which all feature the same newly enhanced design cues and functionality, while retaining a volume knob. The system also offers five-times the processing power of the previous generation system, an incredible leap in processing capability that provides faster and more responsive touch functionality. All screens feature modern designs with optically bonded, glare reducing technology allowing a customer experience that mirrors smartphone-like capability.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I was just reading Lexus’ press release on the new infotainment system developed by TMNA. From the release, it looks like the system is currently supports touchscreens up to 14 inches. With this rumor saying the new LX will have a screen up to 17 inches, I wonder if this tidbit means these rumors of the LX750 can be shot down.

I doubt that in conjunction with the NX release - which has a 14" screen - Toyota would tease a 17" screen option if the NX won't get it. They have to leave some things for later and to seem special for the LX reveal.

Also, most often the scaleability of things like this depend on the aspect ratio of the screen. If the LX has the same aspect ratio but on a 17" screen, I don't see why that would be a problem?

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
I doubt that in conjunction with the NX release - which has a 14" screen - Toyota would tease a 17" screen option if the NX won't get it. They have to leave some things for later and to seem special for the LX reveal.

Also, most often the scaleability of things like this depend on the aspect ratio of the screen. If the LX has the same aspect ratio but on a 17" screen, I don't see why that would be a problem?

Yes, but the press release specifically mentions it scales down to an 8” screen, a size which hasn’t been announced with the Lexus Interface yet. The standard screen is 9.8” in the new NX.

So I don’t see why they would announce the system scaling down to an unannounced 8” screen, but not an unannounced 17” screen, particularly when the press release is focused on the next-gen system, and not the NX which was mentioned only once.

Also, it’s ideal for car companies that these UX can scale easily to different screen sizes, but there’s a lot more work to it than just scaling it up to a bigger screen. There’s a lot of work involved in making sure that the UX is not just scaled up to the different sizes, but that it makes sense. They may tweak the UI/UX to take advantage of bigger screen sizes and fitting more content to use the increased real estate.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Can someone please translate what he's saying :
That looks like the infiniti MDX to some extent. and that infotainment system looks like its the old version or maybe this is just the entry model. Not feeling it for an LX.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
Can someone please translate what he's saying :

At first I was like no way this is too much genesis infiniti then I looked up and it turned out to be QX60 lol these clickbaits need to cease

2022-infiniti-qx60.jpg

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
At first I was like no way this is too much genesis infiniti then I looked up and it turned out to be QX60 lol these clickbaits need to cease

2022-infiniti-qx60.jpg
lmao. i knew i wasn't tripping. The whole vibe was just off for what I'm expecting from the LX even for the RX i will be dissapointed.

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
Design-wise that QX60 interior is better than the current LX and RX, but that’s easily forgiven since those are outgoing models. (Here comes the “but the execution matters” folks)

Sebass

Follower
Reactions
Only thing that makes it not look like the NX is that the car in the spy shot has more squared wheel-arches, as opposed to the rounded ones on the NX, but that may just be perspective or something.