CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
The leak that wasn’t to be a leak doesn’t show the full production car. Even the non F SPORT is a looker. People will be really surprised.

The interior tho...... magnifique

The headlights that light up on the 4 teased models don't match the ones we see in the leak.

The far right one, most likely the next NX, has the split-horizontally look, but the leak has IS style above the lamp.

Am I seeing things?

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
Here goes a spy shot:

169823564-486634799142660-6668837937567705319-n.jpg

I know we already know how it looks, but it's the first "real" photo I see, and it looks good with nicely done proportions.

Lexus after testing the new NX for millions of miles in the secretive Shimoyama test track, finely tuning its driving dynamics... and the photos leak on the internet: “Alright screw it, release the prototypes to the streets. 😤”

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Lexus after testing the new NX for millions of miles in the secretive Shimoyama test track, finely tuning its driving dynamics... and the photos leak on the internet: “Alright screw it, release the prototypes to the streets. 😤”

Not sure on Regulatory over there, but maybe a requirement for public road testing for x km?

Reactions
The leak that wasn’t to be a leak doesn’t show the full production car. Even the non F SPORT is a looker. People will be really surprised.

The interior tho...... magnifique

I'm really hoping you've seen the production ready version of the interior and the design looks cooler than what was leaked. Mike throw us a bone! haha :)

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Honestly, I liked the leaked interior!
For whom want an infotainment, there's one but not crazy flare styled as Tesla!

Reactions
With all this talk about reviving the F brand and being performance oriented, what’s the likelihood we might get a NXF or Fsport performance variant? TTV6?

Will1991

Reactions
NX450h+ to get Direct4?

"Future Lexus electrified models will feature DIRECT4 and steer-by-wire systems. DIRECT4, our four-wheel-drive torque distribution technology, combines highly-precise drive force control with responsive steer-by-wire systems that greatly enhance vehicle reflexes, resulting in a high level of dynamic performance and a driving experience that appeals to all five senses that is unmatched by conventional cars."

Also, "four-wheel-drive torque distribution" sounds pretty much like torque vectoring!

It also states a 2021 launch:

"In order to further accelerate the spread of electric vehicles, Lexus plans to introduce the first PHEV in a mass-market model in 2021"

Source: https://global.toyota/en/newsroom/lexus/35290690.html

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
I sure hope that means at least torque vectoring on the rear axle between the two wheels depending on which the direction the car is turning.

If you break it down into two lines, I think it's not going to have torque vectoring in the real sense. It's like a play on words.

Four wheel drive --> all wheel drive
torque distribution --> between front and rear

:(

Jezza819

Follower
Reactions
Is this new gen NX going to be built in North America? I knew Lexus announced plans to move NX production to North America maybe a year or so ago.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Is this new gen NX going to be built in North America? I knew Lexus announced plans to move NX production to North America maybe a year or so ago.
The next-generation NX will be built at the Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada plant in Cambridge, Ontario starting in early 2022.

CAMBRIDGE, ON, April 29, 2019 – Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada (TMMC) announced today that it will begin producing the top-selling Lexus NX and Lexus NX Hybrid compact luxury SUVs at its Cambridge, Ontario facility starting in early 2022.

“Building on our recent Toyota RAV4 announcement and our recent facility modernization investments, we are excited to announce that TMMC has been selected to produce the popular Lexus NX and Lexus NX Hybrid models for the entire North American market,” TMMC President Fred Volf told Team Members and dignitaries, including the Right Honourable Justin Trudeau, Prime Minister of Canada and The Honourable Christine Elliott, Deputy Premier of Ontario and Ontario Minister of Health and Long-Term Care, at an event earlier today.

I am guessing that the new NX will be introduced later this year for sale starting early next year. I would also guess that early on (perhaps for the first year of sales), we will see models coming from both TMMCanada and Japan, as the Cambridge plant ramps up production.

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
The next-generation NX will be built at the Toyota Motor Manufacturing Canada plant in Cambridge, Ontario starting in early 2022.

I am guessing that the new NX will be introduced later this year for sale starting early next year. I would also guess that early on (perhaps for the first year of sales), we will see models coming from both TMMCanada and Japan, as the Cambridge plant ramps up production.
Correct. Just like RX, the NX production for North America will shift entirely to TMMC. The only RX built in Japan that is available in North America is the RX L, that is until TMMC decides to expand its current facilities to produce the L.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions

I think that's outdated, that time frame is behind what is being discussed. No new NX being built until 2022 would be terrible. So late 2022 until we see the next model at dealers?