7th Generation (2019+) Lexus ES (250, 260, 300h, 350) Megathread

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
they have shown direct4 to journalists in camo ES:

so, it is just question of when.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I just can’t see this being anything other than a mild refresh. That platform is not direct-4 ready to me.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
Direct4 would be a great step forward. I wonder who would put their car in FWD mode though except to get better fuel economy on the highway.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
GS facelift brought GS F quite late in the life-cycle on old platform, I don't see why ES facelift can't bring an F Performance model with Direct4 on an up to date platform.

The void of the GS F is filled by the IS 500 F Performance. What fills the void left by the GS 450h?

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2021-04-18-lexus-es-2022.jpg

The Lexus ES sedan is getting a refresh for the 2022 model year, with an upgrade to the multimedia system being the headline feature. The interior infotainment display has been moved forward, and now features touch-screen functionality in addition to the remote touch interface. All controls have been tweaked for a more seamless driving experience.

21-04-18-gallery-2022-lexus-es-18-400x200.jpg

21-04-18-gallery-2022-lexus-es-19-400x200.jpg

21-04-18-gallery-2022-lexus-es-20-400x200.jpg

21-04-18-gallery-2022-lexus-es-26-400x200.jpg

Continue reading...

b.ba

Fan
Reactions
I am little a surprised at how little the mid-cycle refresh changed (does this hint at greater changes in the next full redesign?). We all know Direct4 is going to be coming soon, but maybe it will make its debut first on the NX/RX?

Also, I am slightly annoyed at how the touchscreen was better integrated into the ES than the LS (I know the whole dashboard would have to be modified and that's probably not within the budget of a mid-cycle refresh but still).

Horus468

Fan
Reactions
Welcomed improvements, but I was expecting more. I was hoping the turbocharged engine in the NX would replace the trash thats in the ES250. IS, GS, and RC all used it 😔
On the bright side: RX, IS, LS, and ES now offer Touchscreens. We know the upcoming NX is next. 3 more to go (UX, LC, LX). Not holding my breath for an updated GX or RC.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
it is a nice nip and tuck, welcome improvements both outside and inside, but for us interested into new powertrains, it seems we will have to wait for new NX, which is booring.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
I am little a surprised at how little the mid-cycle refresh changed (does this hint at greater changes in the next full redesign?). We all know Direct4 is going to be coming soon, but maybe it will make its debut first on the NX/RX?

Also, I am slightly annoyed at how the touchscreen was better integrated into the ES than the LS (I know the whole dashboard would have to be modified and that's probably not within the budget of a mid-cycle refresh but still).

If it ain't broke, don't touch it at all and leave it as it is. I've always loved the pre facelift LS with that distinctive headlight housing, not until they decide to ruin it with mid cycle refresh. Same thing with the touchscreen, and while it still isn't that great looking, at least the BEZELS are way slimmer than the one in the LS. I still find it to be shocking considering it is a six-figure vehicle and that ANCIENT screen alone breaks the flow and continuity of the whole interior.

LarryT

Follower
Reactions
Wish Lexus addressed the hard plastics around the door armrests & center console of the ES, but overall, the 2022 refresh looks great.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Agree with you all: fairly predictable, light on exterior changes, it's clear most of the $$ went into the new touchscreen, which is possibly the nicest integration Lexus has done so far.

mikeavelli

Reactions
As an ES owner this addresses a couple main things. One being the need for touchscreen and a hybrid F-Sport option.
For all intents and purposes, a 40MPG ES F-Sport is a really compelling and perfect daily commuter.

The ES is so good at being good, there isn’t much to improve on the ES formula. It’s only when you compare the driving experience to the old GS etc does it fall short.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
The ES is so good at being good, there isn’t much to improve on the ES formula. It’s only when you compare the driving experience to the old GS etc does it fall short.
Honestly, it failed much more than the new camry XSE

I like it's design, but stability wise and sporty handling not even comparable with the Camry let alone the mighty handling toy GS

mikeavelli

Reactions
Honestly, it failed much more than the new camry XSE

I like it's design, but stability wise and sporty handling not even comparable with the Camry let alone the mighty handling toy GS
It’s not trying to be a GS, it is trying to be an ES that is evolving. Stability is fine lol but yeah it’s not a sport sedan even in F SPORT trim. Sales have been great and it has attracted younger buyers for the first time.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Maybe the ES F Performance will be revealed in a few months, like was the case for IS F Performance.

At this point I doubt any LS F or any new engine is coming on this generation platform.