CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
No details other than what is already speculated (same engines)

I have to imagine there's some of the abandoned GS design in here, especially if you put it next to the new Mirai.

This looks very, very good. I desperately want to see the new NX/RX/Etc now. This is much stronger than I expected.

EDIT: Christ, they have a video too. They're basically throwing the private testing track in our faces.

That looks amazing. I desperately want to see the interior. If they do an IS500, and depending on what else they put out, i don't know how long my RC F is going to be the daily...

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I have to imagine there's some of the abandoned GS design in here, especially if you put it next to the new Mirai.

This looks very, very good. I desperately want to see the new NX/RX/Etc now. This is much stronger than I expected.

it is very chiseled design, very much unlike Mirai - so much that all that theory of GS = Mirai falls into water. I assume NX will get a lot of hints from new IS.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
Hey everybody -- I'm under embargo for the new IS, and I would ask that people refrain from uploading leaked photos to the site. Posting Youtube videos and Instagram photos is fine.
Sorry about that 😬

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Exterior looks sharp — literally. IS was always a good design and what they’ve done here is a very nice update. I dig it and want to see the triple LEDs. Also interested to see non F-Sport model.

Interior is very strange and disappointing... circular vents on the outside of the dash mixed with rectangular vents on the inside is a downgrade from the current car. The vents look awful. Bigger touch screen is a nice addition but the steering wheel, dash and center console need a lot of work.

Carryover engines are disappointing but expected I guess.

95% carryover interior is kind of shocking to me. I guess Lexus is really banking on exterior design to sell the car since the engines and interior are not particularly competitive. Pricing will be interesting.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
No power increase? I don't understand. It is wider and most likely going to be heavier with the wider chassis, but Lexus is going to stick with 311 HP? It already ran a 14.1 - 14.2 seconds in the 1/4 mile. With the increased weight and no power increase, it would end up becoming a 14.4 - 14.6 seconds cars. Very odd.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Looking really good. Not really excited about the interior. I see the ux vent. And the new touch screen fills out of place. But I mean other companies are doing the same so I will give it a pass. I really hope they retune the 350 engine to its full potential if they are keeping it. First let it Rev to 7k+ rpm like we know it can. Give it more hp and tq. And tune the transmission aggressively like the 06 which could go 0-60 at 4.7secs. But make it more consistent. An IS500 will definitely sale if they release it. And maybe a lot of people will finally let their 2008 to 2014 ISF go.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Thanks God, it's not for Europe

Very Rakish like illegal back street racer , thought of civic type R or lancer Evo

3-Series / A4-S4 / C-Class are way handsome, God even Genesis G70
dare I say even the still very old Toyota Mark-X looks more upscale than it !!!

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
A lot of my fellow RCF owners are former ISF owners.

IS500 without F treatment makes no sense to me. It will have the horsepower, but not the chassis, brakes and suspension tuning required to be a good track car while still being expensive (because the engine is expensive to produce). I think it needs to be a full blown ISF, if they are going to put the 5.0 liter V8 and just under 500 HP. Otherwise, put the V35a engine with 416 HP, if it needs to be IS500.

Looking really good. Not really excited about the interior. I see the ux vent. And the new touch screen fills out of place. But I mean other companies are doing the same so I will give it a pass. I really hope they retune the 350 engine to its full potential if they are keeping it. First let it Rev to 7k+ rpm like we know it can. Give it more hp and tq. And tune the transmission aggressively like the 06 which could go 0-60 at 4.7secs. But make it more consistent. An IS500 will definitely sale if they release it. And maybe a lot of people will finally let their 2008 to 2014 ISF go.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Hold up I'm watching the video on Instagram and I think I hear a turbo whine. Maybe I'm just tripping. Remember engine choice is not confirmed yet and lexus keep saying best IS so far.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
A lot of my fellow RCF owners are former ISF owners.

IS500 without F treatment makes no sense to me. It will have the horsepower, but not the chassis, brakes and suspension tuning required to be a good track car while still being expensive (because the engine is expensive to produce). I think it needs to be a full blown ISF, if they are going to put the 5.0 liter V8 and just under 500 HP. Otherwise, put the V35a engine with 416 HP, if it needs to be IS500.
The Lc500 is preety much an F car. The chassis of the current IS GS and RC are similar to an extent. So the IS500 could really be a full fledged F car just without the F. I will say baby LC.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
The Lc500 is preety much an F car. The chassis of the current IS GS and RC are similar to an extent. So the IS500 could really be a full fledged F car just without the F. I will say baby LC.

With due respect to the LC500, there is a reason why Lexus did not put some F hardware on it You have to go underneath to realize Lexus saved money and effort on the hardware for track use. Does not have the cooling systems for the oil, transmission and brakes, does not have F brakes, does not have the beefed up differential or torque vectoring to withstand hard turning over sustained period of time. Don't get me wrong. I have driven an LC500 and it is a blast to drive. Lexus developed a brand new chassis for this car, which is why it does so well dynamically even without the track specific hardware and chassis bracing. The suspension tuning is also more for street driving than for hard track driving..

Last edited: