Will1991

Reactions
If this drives 80% of a base Macan, I think my wife will be happy but then again, I have the Toyota/Lexus (reliability) curse and so can wait for the BEV version.

Us, waiting for Lexus to start building a proper BEV for IS300h money ahahah:
iype9.jpg

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Damn, so "h+" is Lexus' Prime?

If the difference between the Lexus and the Toyota applications of the "Prime" tech is even only as big as the diff in the engine tuning between the Camry/Avalon and the ES for the V6, the "h+" designation is going to be very compelling. I imagine you can get the F Sport package on these models as well. Could possibly apply an "h+" specific sport mode to the application of the electric power.

Additionally, between mileage and torque benefits I think this will definitely make the "h+" the de-facto (excluding potential F SUVs) one you go for if you can afford it.

What's the timing implication here? Hopefully sooner than later.

Also, an LX600h+ that gets good gas mileage, good torque, some EV benefits, and good tech/looks would be compelling.

Reactions
Lexus please make this models and options ideas!

Lexus IS

IS-F

Twin Turbo v6 450hp and 500lb ft of torque RWD and AWD.

IS350

Base v6 Twin Turbo 416hp and 442lb ft of Torque RWD and AWD.

2.5L Turbo 4 cyl RWD and AWD.

base model 2.0L Turbo 4cyl RWD and AWD.

IS hybrid 2.5L 4 cyl AWDe, AWDe Turbo and FWD Turbo.

Lexus GS

GS350 Base model 3.5L v6 RWD and AWD.

GS350 5.0L v8 RWD.

GS-F Twin Turbo v8 RWD.

Lexus ES

ES350 3.5L v6. FWD and RWD.

ES Hybrid 2.5L 4cyl and AWDe, AWDe Turbo, FWD Turbo and AWDe v6.

Lexus LS

LS500 3.5L Twin Turbo v6 RWD and AWD.

LS500h 3.5L hybrid Twin Turbo v6 RWD and AWD.

LS-F v8 Twin Turbo RWD and AWD.

Lexus UX

UX200 2.0L Turbo 4cyl FWD and AWD.

UX hybrid 2.5L Turbo FWD and AWDe Turbo

Lexus NX

NX250 2.5L 4cyl plug-in hybrid AWDe.

NX300 base model 2.0L Turbo 4cyl FWD and AWD.

NX300 2.5L Turbo 4cyl FWD, RWD and AWD.

NX350 3.5L v6 RWD and AWD.

NX hybrid 2.5L 4 cyl FWD Turbo and AWDe Turbo

Lexus RX.

RX350 Twin Turbo v6 RWD and AWD.

RX hybrid Twin Turbo hybrid v6 RWD and AWD.

Lexus GX

GX460 model 3.5L V6 Twin Turbo RWD and AWD.

GX460h 3.5L v6 Twin Turbo hybrid RWD and AWD.

Lexus LX

LX 570 3.5L v6 Twin Turbo RWD and AWD.

LX570h Twin Turbo hybrid v6 RWD and AWD.

LX-F v8 Twin Turbo RWD and AWD.

Lexus RC

RC300 base model 3.5L v6 RWD and AWD.

RC350 Twin Turbo v6 RWD and AWD.

RC350 base 5.0L v8 RWD.

RC-F Twin Turbo v8 RWD and AWD.

Lexus LC

LC500h naturally aspired hybrid v6 RWD.

LC500h Twin Turbo hybrid v6 RWD.

LC500 5.0L v8 RWD

LC-F Twin Turbo v8 RWD.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
20-04-14-lexus-nx-2020-nx-450h-plus.jpg

Lexus has trademarked the NX 450h+ nameplate in Europe, in all likelihood signalling the eventual launch of the brands first plug-in hybrid. This comes with a wave of other NX trademarks — NX 350h was also discovered, which could be the 2.5L hybrid in the Toyota Highlander.
But back to the NX 450h+ — almost certainly, this wil be powered by the same 2.5-liter four-cylinder plug-in hybrid engine in the Toyota RAV4 Prime. This powertrain is rated at 302 horsepower, with an estimated 90 MPGe and a 0-60mph time of 5.8 seconds.
(Also spotted in the US Trademark & Patent Office database is a NX 350 nameplate. It’s doubtful Lexus will put a V6 in the NX, so...

Continue reading...

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The 300h system has 160-163kW, so the Highlander's 182kW system gets 350h designation? Does that mean NX will share hybrid system with the Highlander instead of RAV4?

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Here is my roadmap (replete with unconfirmed educated guesses) of the current and future Lexus NX powertrain options (all use 4-cylinder engines, so I won't be noting that after each one):

NX 200: Currently sold primarily in China, Russia and neighboring Eastern European markets. Uses aging 2-liter naturally aspirated 3ZR-FAE engine with 156 hp / 144 lb/ft torque. If NX 200 is offered for 2nd-generation, would presumably replace it with M20A-FKS Dynamic Force 2-liter naturally aspirated engine producing up to 172 hp / 154 lb/ft torque.

NX 250: New for 2NX. Uses A25A-FKS Dynamic Force 2.5-liter naturally aspirated engine producing 204 hp / 182 lb/ft torque. Will use NX 260 designation in China.

NX 300: Current 2-liter turbocharged 8AR-FTS engine producing 235 hp / 258 lb/ft torque. Unclear if it will be offered on 2NX and, if so, for which markets.

NX 300h: Current 2.5-liter 2AR-FXE hybrid powertrain producing 194 total system hp. This will presumably be discontinued for 2NX. The designation could conceivably live on for the lower-tuned version of the A25A-FXS Dynamic Force 2.5-liter hybrid powertrain producing 215 total system hp in the current Lexus ES 300h.

NX 350: New for 2NX. Rumored turbocharged version of A25A engine. May have slightly reduced 2.4-liter displacement. A24A-FTS or A25A-FTS likely engine code. Expected to produce about 304 hp.

NX 350h: New for 2NX. Uses A25A-FXS Dynamic Force 2.5-liter hybrid powertrain, presumably in the higher state of tune producing 243 total system hp in the new Toyota Highlander Hybrid.

NX 400h+: New for 2NX. Likely a China market-only variant using a plug-in version of the M20A-FXS Dynamic Force 2-liter hybrid powertrain from the Lexus UX 250h.Might produce around 250 total system hp?

NX 450h+: New for 2NX. Uses the plug-in version of the A25A-FXS Dynamic Force 2.5-liter hybrid powertrain as found in the upcoming RAV4 Prime, where it produces 302 total system hp.

Last edited:

Will1991

Reactions
Are you buying the IS450h+ for yourself and this NX450h+ for your fiance? No need to propose, for sure.

If it's priced similar to a BMW330e and we don't get any real confirmation from what's coming on the BEV front, I honestly don't know... As for my fiance, we already reached a understanding, I won't try get her into a Lexus and she won't try get me into a Benz. 😜

My best guess:

400h+ is plug-in hybrid version of 2-liter 4-cylinder M20A-FXS
450h+ is plug-in hybrid version of 2.5-liter 4-cylinder A25A-FXS

If true, it would be the perfect powertrain for a 2nd gen CT sedan to go head-to-head with a A35 or S3.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
If it's priced similar to a BMW330e and we don't get any real confirmation from what's coming on the BEV front, I honestly don't know... As for my fiance, we already reached a understanding, I won't try get her into a Lexus and she won't try get me into a Benz. 😜

If true, it would be the perfect powertrain for a 2nd gen CT sedan to go head-to-head with a A35 or S3.

You know what, I find the new MB dashboard design especially those air vents to be tacky. I like the BMW or Audi dashboards better.

Also headlights and grill don't look as nice as older MB's. They remind me of hammerhead sharks. :(

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I chatted with Kevin about this last night, but my best guess is:

NX 250: probably a fairly limited quantity vehicle, only available in lower trims/options, maybe even only FWD. Same 2.5L/8AT as RAV4 with 205hp. This would be something to keep the base price down for value shoppers.

NX 260: Same as above with the naming nuance for China, but this is probably the CHDM "core" engine and model with lots of trims and options available.

NX 350: "Core" NX 4 cylinder for USA, new 2.5L turbo 4 cylinder with ~300hp/325lb-ft of torque, FWD or optional Dynamic Torque Vectoring AWD, available with many trims, grades and options: F-Sport, Luxury, etc.

NX 350h: Probably receives an upgraded 2.5L hybrid 4cyl, maybe the version from the Highlander with 245hp vs. the RAV4 hybrid's 221hp. Who knows? Lexus could upgrade it a bit further to 250-260hp for a real "350" experience. Available with many trims, grades and options: F-Sport, Luxury, etc.

NX 400h+: Kind of puzzled by this one? Potentially a downrated version of the NX 450h below... or is there any reason CHDM would use the name NX 400h instead of NX 450h, like they use 260 instead of 250?

NX 450h+: NX with the RAV4 Prime powertrain. Flagship NX, probably available in loaded F Sport or Luxury trims with special trims/features/colors.

I know it's unrealistic and that Lexus doesn't really care about enthusiasts anymore, but I can wish for an NX 350 F-Sport or "NX F" with a beefed up version of the 2.5L turbo 4 coupled with a better - or more aggressive - AWD system. We're still waiting for a version of Dynamic Torque Vectoring AWD that has a locking mechanism... will it happen? I'm not holding my breath, but imagine a 300-350hp NX with lockable torque vectoring AWD in F-Sport trim. Ayeeeeee, boyyyyy.

Will1991

Reactions
Given how hot SUV's are right now, Lexus will be missing big time if it doesn't bring a proper NX F to the market.

As for 400h+, here in Portugal we also pay taxes on engine capacity, and if I remember correctly so does China, maybe it's a 2L PHEV as said before by @Joaquin Ruhi to get a lower tax to improve pricing against locally produced cars, while helping to achieve new energy vehicles quotas?

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I’ll be honest I love the look of this last NX (biased I do own one) am I’m amazed they don’t have an F. The NX looked so much better than Q5 and they have an SQ5...I’m hopeful we can get more Fs but man it’s been hard to get anything consistent with their F models... and can’t wait to see this new NX!