The new BMW 7 Series and i7

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Nobody cares about old LS buyers
Literally one of the worst demographics to deal with, economically and socially
Sorry, its just reality. Nobody is excited to sell to entitled, busy body, "value" minded septuagenerians.

The styling route theyre taking is great. It needs to go less conservative IMO.
The rest of the package needs to live up to it.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Nobody cares about old LS buyers
Literally one of the worst demographics to deal with, economically and socially
Sorry, its just reality. Nobody is excited to sell to entitled, busy body, "value" minded septuagenerians.

The styling route theyre taking is great. It needs to go less conservative IMO.
The rest of the package needs to live up to it.
Damn!!! lol. I like what BMW did with the 7 Series bring it close to the Rolls. Lexus need to do the same with the next LS bring it closer to the Century. BMW has Rolls Royce, Mercedes have Maybach, so there is nothing Wrong Stepping it up by bring the Century and LS closer.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Even V35A hybrid won’t cut it for a “buyable” flagship.

BEV won’t either until 30 km less range on paper makes the car a “failure” compared to Tesla/Kia/Chine or whatever paper range champion the is.

Amazing how BEV advocates dismiss range as a concern and then claim every BEV with marginally less range than their champion as insufficient.

I am trying to imagine the media outcry with an LS that does 0-100 km/h in 4.5 sec and has a range of 550 km.

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
I’ve seen it in person and it’s not just the front. The entire exterior is just bad. I agree it is very noticeable due to size and that imposing face. Lovely interior though. I find the S class to be so much better even if the styling is predictable.

Also wild to me Benz makes a S63 again and BMW again skips a M7, gives us an i7 and gives us a M crossover thing.

Damn!!! lol. I like what BMW did with the 7 Series bring it close to the Rolls. Lexus need to do the same with the next LS bring it closer to the Century. BMW has Rolls Royce, Mercedes have Maybach, so there is nothing Wrong Stepping it up by bring the Century and LS closer.

Unfortunately this class is a dying market. The S class has held in line with sales and everything else has plummeted. Panamera is a bright spot but so different than anything else.

The growth is in crossover vehicles in this class i.e X7, GLS etc

Crazy to think the LS sold 3k a month in 2006/2007. Though I think there is opportunities with any possible new LS.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Also wild to me Benz makes a S63 again and BMW again skips a M7, gives us an i7 and gives us a M crossover thing.
So pissed about this! That's how you know everything is bullshit.. for years BMW has said that the 7 doesn't fit what they want M to represent... and yet now all of a sudden a full-size crossover DOES represent M? And even worse.. is M-only and has stupid design cues trying to tie it to the M1, which it has absolutely nothing to do with.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
All the hate aside.. I saw a new 7er spec that.. actually looked quite good might I say!

20230221_135052.jpg20230224_153811.jpg

The black inside of the M Sport bumper actually looks normal when complimented by the black two-tone upper. The grilled are still very offensive.. but it looks tolerable I feel.

Much better than the blacked out grilles I see on some.

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Meh, still absolutely fugly, but IMO it's not just ugly, it doesn't even look like a BMW, like if you cover up all the BMW logos and the front end of the car, the rest of exterior looks more like one of those wannabe "luxury" sedans from no-name Chinese brands than a BMW.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Aztek also looks the best when it's blacked out.

Facebook-@Abimelecdesign-e1595009741888.jpg

Motor

Expert
Reactions
No, not quite. That Aztek Trans Am is silly.

Last edited:

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Meh, still absolutely fugly, but IMO it's not just ugly, it doesn't even look like a BMW, like if you cover up all the BMW logos and the front end of the car, the rest of exterior looks more like one of those wannabe "luxury" sedans from no-name Chinese brands than a BMW.

I disagree. The rest of the car is traditional 7-series proportions. Boxy and upright 3-box proportions with a flat character line and a hofmeister kink. I do think the 3rd box should be flatter, but it is absolutely BMW design past the front.

Something like the 4er or 8er coupes I don't think look like BMWs they look like German Mustangs to me.