The new BMW 7 Series and i7

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The reviews seem generally positive for luxury, tech and driving dynamics... it really is a shame it's so DAMNED ugly. It's not even like, "Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, some people might like it," ugly.

It's horribly ugly to look at -- period.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Amazingly ugly, yes....

I am astounded how it was possible to design crap out such an ugly car...

mikeavelli

Reactions
It’s nice to see most comments agree it’s horrible to look at. Gives me hope. It’s not just the front the entire design is bad. Interior is lovely.

Also once again pricing is mad. This is old Alpina B7 money now.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Even though the front end is horrendous I think this is a really solid product effort from BMW. And even though I don't like the split headlights, they certainly do give the car a commanding and imposing look on the road.

Screen Shot 2022-12-29 at 12.31.26 PM.png
1672346099922.png

Seeing it in real life, the presence just from it's sheer mass, length, and height(its very tall) is very comparable to a Rolls Royce, which is what I think the segment wants.

Don't get me wrong I think the front is really ugly, but I think it succeeds in looking executive and commanding. With the EQS being a flop in the Chinese market, no questions asked the new 7 will be a huge success there, commonly quoted during the media drives held earlier it is designed for "average 38 year old businessman in China" something like that but I'm actually very very interested to see how it does in the US and Europe, I think it'll be a bigger sales success than expected.

Smychavo

Follower
Reactions
Even though the front end is horrendous I think this is a really solid product effort from BMW. And even though I don't like the split headlights, they certainly do give the car a commanding and imposing look on the road.

View attachment 6570
View attachment 6571

Seeing it in real life, the presence just from it's sheer mass, length, and height(its very tall) is very comparable to a Rolls Royce, which is what I think the segment wants.

Don't get me wrong I think the front is really ugly, but I think it succeeds in looking executive and commanding. With the EQS being a flop in the Chinese market, no questions asked the new 7 will be a huge success there, commonly quoted during the media drives held earlier it is designed for "average 38 year old businessman in China" something like that but I'm actually very very interested to see how it does in the US and Europe, I think it'll be a bigger sales success than expected.

It's imposing that's for sure. Talk about a technological exercise for BMW, seeing videos about it has me impressed in ways I expected a company like Tesla or Lucid ought to have accomplished. I'd say if I had that type of money to burn on a wild luxury sedan that'd be it.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I have seen the new X7 in person (dark blue) and it wasn't as bad as photos, but still quite ugly. This... I don't see how it could look better in person.

S Class is handsome but a yawn for sure, and all Mercedes sedan design is now hard to distinguish between models.

LS is the best looking sedan in that segment, IMO, but what is Lexus going to do for the next gen? It's time.

JustADude

Follower
Reactions
LS needs a heavy refresh. Lighter materials, conservative styling, softer suspension on luxury models and stiff on F Sport, and 3.5T hybrid. Lexus should try this for one last big try for the LS, I think these should be enough for the old LS buyer. After that by 2030 we should have a SSB LS

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
I have seen the new X7 in person (dark blue) and it wasn't as bad as photos, but still quite ugly. This... I don't see how it could look better in person.
It's not that it looks better in person because it's still ugly, it's that it stands out just from it's sheer mass, length, width, height. It's massive, it's totally out there, it looks important.