• Toyota 4Runner iForce Max

Votes: 1 5.0%
  • Toyota 4Runner

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
These three hit the market so closely together and with much shared between them, so I'm curious which you'd choose to buy with your own money. No doubt they will all be closely cross shopped too, but which would you choose?

GX 550: 3.4L TT V6 with 349hp, 479lb-ft via a 10AT

GX 550h: 2.4L T I4 with 326hp, 465lb-ft via an 8AT

Land Cruiser: 2.4L T I4 with 326hp, 465lb-ft via an 8AT

4Runner iForce MAX: 2.4L T I4 with 326hp, 465lb-ft via an 8AT

4Runner iForce: 2.4L T I4 with 278hp, 317lb-ft via an 8AT

Feel free to include pics or specs of what you'd choose :)

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I think this would be my choice: Land Cruiser in "Land Cruiser" trim with Underground exterior and Java leather interior (so that means you have to get the Premium Package). I'm a sucker for brown leather.

8.png

25.png

maxresdefault.jpg

Reactions
Good choice, but really, it has to be the GX550 for me. It's the only SUV here with a powerful and capable V6 with a pretty decent overhead. The 10-speed automatic is pretty quick and smooth in changing gears and is pretty stout as a transmission.

The Overtrail+ has a perfect blend of luxury, capability, prestige and genuinely looks stunning in the eyes of just about everyone (not to say that the others don't look good). The GX550 in perhaps every way was developed like a flagship Lexus product, unlike the LX.

I also can't ignore the sweet, sweet six-cylinder noises (okay fine it's not THAT sweet and it's relatively muted but 6 > 4 any day for me) over the drones of a 4-cylinder. Also, the engine employing diesel-like behavior is so incredibly badass to me and it has excellent performance numbers.

It is the perfect blend of being luxurious, YET capable, which in my opinion, should be the ethos of every single Lexus, and thus, takes the cake for me 11/10.

With that said, all of the other cars are actually impressive, but to me, the GX is that good. At my local auto show, Lexus put the GX550 Overtrail+ front and center for everyone to see, while other cars were receded behind it. They're truly proud of this product and they have every right to be.

EDIT: And my ideal spec? It's the aforementioned Overtrail+ with Earth exterior with the beige/green/black interior.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
Definitely GX 550 Luxury Plus. Saw it few days ago in NYC car auto show, it was one of the cars that had the most people checking out. The only dilemma I had should I choose White or Green. Went with green as I had white before.2024-lexus-gx-colors-9-6488a99701031.jpg2024-lexus-gx-colors-4-6488a995e029d.jpg

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
If the GX’s V35A tune ends up better than the LX or LS, I could definitely be swayed in that direction 👀

GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions
I need a 7-seater (which I use about 5% of the time) and the TTV6 > I4 T so GX550 for me. I like what the Luxury+ offers but wife dislikes the 22" and auto-running board. I wish the Overtrail comes with 7 seats.

We checked out the LX600 the other day and now she has 2nd thought.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I will wait for the LC mini before deciding which one to go for. I just hope it has a decent powertrain. If the rumored 2TR was the only option I will pass.

All LC250 products are very desirable but the common problem they have is the size. They are now the same size as LC200, which is very big and hard to maneuver on trails and in cities.

pacman1

Fan
Reactions
if they ever offer a more traditional luxury interior on the gx550h with starfire pearl and caramel interior, it might be time to lock in that order.
Same. I like the V6 but city driving would kill my mpg. If the hybrid offers even a 4mpg increase it would make fewer stops at the station for me.

Demetrius

Founding Member
Reactions
These three hit the market so closely together and with much shared between them, so I'm curious which you'd choose to buy with your own money. No doubt they will all be closely cross shopped too, but which would you choose?

GX 550: 3.4L TT V6 with 349hp, 479lb-ft via a 10AT

GX 550h: 2.4L T I4 with 326hp, 465lb-ft via an 8AT

Land Cruiser: 2.4L T I4 with 326hp, 465lb-ft via an 8AT

4Runner iForce MAX: 2.4L T I4 with 326hp, 465lb-ft via an 8AT

4Runner iForce: 2.4L T I4 with 278hp, 317lb-ft via an 8AT

Feel free to include pics or specs of what you'd choose :)
Even with three engine choices, it's interesting to note there isn't a 112.2 wheelbase vehicle with the 3.4TT V6....yet. Safe to assume we only see it on the LX?

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I don't think a 460hp GX deserves a F name. And I don't think Toyota will experiment with anything more powerful than the 3.4 iForce Max until they are ready to introduce a PHEV version. The battery technology just isn't ready for full-size PHEV trucks yet.

The PHEV will easily have over 600hp but we'll have to wait until at least 2028.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
My first choice out of those would be GX550, Luxury+ package, in Nori Green with the Saddle Tan interior.

Second place would be Land Cruiser, Land Cruiser trim, Premium package, in Heritage Blue with the Java Leather interior. I'm with @Gecko on the brown leather, I'm still sad the Chocolate leather option went away on the LS.