What makes Lexus fans so brand loyal?

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Reliability and customer satisfaction. I've never had a problem with a Lexus and I've had three and never had an issue going to the dealer. Extremely helpful and customer oriented and they seem to really care about you. That's why I'm loyal to Lexus. Other companies definitely make more fun to drive cars but the experience is what brings me back time and time again.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Ditto what James said. The car's supremely reliable (and well-built; I had trim pieces falling off of my '95 Jeep Cherokee when it was less than a year old, and the dashboard rattled basically from day 1. That's almost unheard of with Lexus, and when it does happen they fix it right) and the dealership experience is among the best in any industry.

Reactions
Reliability and customer satisfaction. I've never had a problem with a Lexus and I've had three and never had an issue going to the dealer. Extremely helpful and customer orienated and they seem to really care about you. That's why I'm loyal to Lexus. Other companies definitely make more fun to drive cars but the experience is what brings me back time and time again.
Thanks for the answer.
Is there any reason which is related to the aesthetics of Lexus?

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
I really fell in love with Lexus one day when I was 11 in a dealership and I read the promotion book all about Lexus. The craftsmanship and quality of the cars blew me away and were much better than BMW. I also get the BEYOND by Lexus magazines by mail, and they also show me how Lexus' attention to detail and how the cars are works of art.

mikeavelli

Reactions
22 year exclusive Lexus owner here, rabid fanboy and obviously my situation working in the industry is different that most, ..here are a few things I've noticed for me;

1. I always liked how they look. Probably shocking to some people who think Lexus is or was stale.
2. Quality and Reliability second to none.
3. Lovely interiors in most cases
4. Perceived Prestige/Brand Power. I do like owing a "Lexus".
5. Handling Ride in Most Cases
* I forgot, great STEREOS. Lexus has always had great optional systems. This is a MUST!

Then I would add when I started getting very involved as a Lexus "Enthusiast"
6. Available parts to modify my Lexus
7. Nice group of owners (in most cases hahaha)
8. Great dealership experiences in most cases. This keeps me coming back.
9. Better Ride and Handling and more originality with mods. You would be surprised how many other brands can't really be modified.

Then I would say as I got older
7. Adding new tech. Hybrids like my old 450h.
8. Adding new SUVs... Our RX's. the LX... When we needed more space Lexus grew
9. Growing F brand.... Great to see Lexus participate in this rare realm of cars.
10. Lexus employees. An AMAZING bunch of people, many now good friends. Some are the most amazing people you would meet.
11. Safety. They are very safe cars. Something that I want now with a family more than ever.

Today
12. The Lexus Enthusiast Site and other owner enthusiasts. I love it here and the people I've continued to meet. Its great to know and hang around like minded enthusiasts.
13. New products. The LC is fantatic. The LS seems amazing. Even the GS F is one of the best driving cars I've been behind.
14. The new look. I like the bold new Lexus inside and out.
15. The sound. Yes the V-8 sound is great.
16. The drive, ride, handling. To me all greatly improved.
17. Again Lexus Employees and many at the Dealership Level. Amazing people I trust.

I know the time will come that I will simply buy another brand (I experience them near daily and there are some AMAZING cars out there) but Lexus has a special place in my heart, likely forever.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
I know the whole reliability thing, but the only Lexus that I've owned (XV40 ES350) doesn't really feel that unbreakable, at least not like Camry it is based on. The car has 200,000 km and requires service regularly and the cost of ownership is starting to become a concern. One thing in particular is that the engine vibrates much more than before. I guess there's some problem with the engine mount dampers.

I'm almost sure it is still much cheaper to own than any German car, but not on the same level as Camry.

Reactions
22 year exclusive Lexus owner here, rabid fanboy and obviously my situation working in the industry is different that most, ..here are a few things I've noticed for me;

1. I always liked how they look. Probably shocking to some people who think Lexus is or was stale.
* I forgot, great STEREOS. Lexus has always had great optional systems. This is a MUST!

9. Better Ride and Handling and more originality with mods. You would be surprised how many other brands can't really be modified.

9. Growing F brand.... Great to see Lexus participate in this rare realm of cars.
10. Lexus employees. An AMAZING bunch of people, many now good friends. Some are the most amazing people you would meet.
11. Safety. They are very safe cars. Something that I want now with a family more than ever.

Today
12. The Lexus Enthusiast Site and other owner enthusiasts. I love it here and the people I've continued to meet. Its great to know and hang around like minded enthusiasts.
13. New products. The LC is fantatic. The LS seems amazing. Even the GS F is one of the best driving cars I've been behind.
17. Again Lexus Employees and many at the Dealership Level. Amazing people I trust.

I know the time will come that I will simply buy another brand (I experience them near daily and there are some AMAZING cars out there) but Lexus has a special place in my heart, likely forever.
Thanks for a great answer. Can you please answer some of my more questions?

RAL

Reactions
Why am I brand loyal to Lexus?

My experience began in 2006 when I started leasing Lexus vehicles. From the first moment I entered the dealership (Lexus of Louisville) I experienced "omotenashi" (Japanese hospitality). The Japanese are known for the honor they pay to "a guest" in their home. Omotenashi is hospitality offered from the bottom of the heart. I have related numerous stories on this site about the many remarkable ways I have experienced Lexus omotenashi over the past 11 years. I suppose I might sum it up by saying that I am made to feel "like family" by my friends at Lexus ... both at our dealership and here in this community of enthusiasts.

And then there is "takumi" (Japanese artisan/master craftsmanship). The attention to thoughtful detail and quality in a Lexus is amazing to me.

Prior to Lexus, I had owned/driven some very good vehicle brands, probably most notably Toyota. But when I experienced Lexus' combination of omotenashi and takumi, there was no going back.

I recently read the memoir of Davis (Dave) Illingworth Jr. who has been called "the father of Lexus". He is the man (yes an American) the Toyoda family (notice 'Toyoda' ... not 'Toyota' ... but that's another story) entrusted with the inception/launch of the Lexus Division. In the mid-Eighties Toyota had been building vehicles for almost 50 years and Chairman Eiji Toyoda was ready to create "the finest car ever built" code named Flagship One. Under Ellingworth's direction Lexus would become an industry leader in customer satisfaction.

I just had my IS serviced yesterday. As my service advisor walked me to my car, it occurred to me once again how much I appreciate being a part of the Lexus family.

Lastly, I welcome you @Aman Verma to the LE community.

Reactions
Recommended if you need to fill your coffee table with quality reading material
images

images

GSCT

Founding Member
Reactions
Is there any reason which is related to the aesthetics of Lexus?

Interesting question. For me the "aesthetics" are great. Walking up to A Lexus is a treat. I love the styling, the attention to detail and the obvious quality. Nothing looks cheap or cheesy. Inside it's the same story - well designed interiors, quality materials, great stereos, intuitive controls ( I am apparently one of about three people love the joystick control for the screen) and rewarding luxury. Finally, there is driving. My GS is unbelievably versatile. Driving in "Normal" is quiet and refined, but in "Sport +" it turns into a superb sports sedan with handling and performance beyond any other car I have owned.

I suggest that there are very few brands that can offer all that AND Lexus' "dead stick" reliability and quality.

Reactions
My husband and I a relatively young couple, but we've owned two Lexus cars so far. The level of customer experience from purchase, to maintenance, has been phenomenal. I'm a sales professional that is quite often on the road with my vehicle, I never have to worry about not making it to a customer location or having car trouble due to the reliability of the vehicles we own. They are truly head-turning vehicles that provide a great impression & a low cost of ownership.

Now that my husband is employed by Toyota, our loyalty has grown even more and I think my perspective has changed a bit. We more greatly understand and appreciate the priority that is placed on attention to detail and the overall quality of their product. We also value the importance they place on developing these same characteristics within their company culture. Toyota/Lexus is a fantastic employer that also places that same level of customer service experience to their personnel as well. They have treated my husband (and indirectly me) very well and he is very proud to call himself a Toyota employee.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I suggest that there are very few brands that can offer all that AND Lexus' "dead stick" reliability and quality.

Actually, according to most reliability indexes today, almost any brand of vehicle (at least those sold in the American market) is reasonably well-made. The gap between the best and worst vehicles today (and vehicle brands) is much narrower than it was, say, back in the 1980s, when a typical Japanese-designed car was fairly reliable, but you couldn't trust the average domestic product (especially the FWD vehicles from GM and Chrysler) to get you to the corner grocery store without breaking down.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions

Seconded. When I got my first Lexus (GS300) in '02, I was subscribed to Stereophile magazine and they rated the 3LS's Mark Levinson system the best factory stereo available in any car at any price. The ML in the GS at that time wasn't bad either. The Mark Levinson systems are one Lexus' best secret weapons, and I don't know why they don't promote them as much now (e.g. lexusmarklevinson.com used to exist and promote those systems).

mikeavelli

Reactions
Seconded. When I got my first Lexus (GS300) in '02, I was subscribed to Stereophile magazine and they rated the 3LS's Mark Levinson system the best factory stereo available in any car at any price. The ML in the GS at that time wasn't bad either. The Mark Levinson systems are one Lexus' best secret weapons, and I don't know why they don't promote them as much now (e.g. lexusmarklevinson.com used to exist and promote those systems).

Indeed. It might be something people sleep on but the optional systems dating back to the old Nakamichi ones were awesome. Even in the 1990s the base systems were good (I can't really say that today).

Like you I am very fond of Lexus sound systems.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions

Today

Well put, Mikavelli! and very thorough. I will second a few, such as comfort, styling, reliability, and now with the LC, total uniqueness combined with such a stunning look and its fast fast! I still get heads turning and I'm the only one in town who owns one (downside being that people know where I am when they see my car "Oh Peter, saw you were at the Upland Brew Pub last evening!" "Peter, what were you doing visiting the Blue Ridge area the other day! " LOL

BTW: love the blue build you did with the white Vossen wheels, what a job! That build launches the LC further into the stratosphere.

I'm still looking forward to an upgrade in the GS though