Trade Lexus LC for GS F?!?

Reactions
thanks Silver Arrows, I really like your last point about enjoying these cars for as long as I will grace this earth!!! well said. (I have a Porsche Nut friend, who is the same with Porsches, to the Nth degree but doesn't understand the Lexus Enthusiasts love of Lexus.

Haha! Of course. Now that I saw your 911, I will personally force you to stay with it for the rest of your life, don't know how, but right now my choices are probably through magic. No way in hell will you sell that beauty. ;)

!ALERT! I am going to nerd out because I am a Porsche Enthusiast too.

First of all, I would love to acknowledge that that 911 of yours is a beautiful Carrera GTS equipped with the Aerokit Cup package. That alone makes me immediately think. DON'T SELL IT, because it will appreciate like a madman. Really wise choice and such a gorgeous specification.

Second, assuming that it is RWD and a stick, that will bring out every single Porsche purist out of their little holes. The second you are really thinking of selling it, they're right at your door ready to swipe it away from you. To which I say again. DON'T SELL IT. See where I am going with this? Haha! Having that pure connection and the vibrations coming back and forth, that is something that you cannot replace. It is the most cleanest and purest experience you will ever have in your life. Even with the PDK (it will appreciate a little, but not even close to the levels of a manual), it is simply, perfection. One issue I have is that, Porsche is so sterile, and run their company clinically. They have no dirt under their nails or elbow grease. They don't really do skunk-works projects. They're so perfect that sometimes you think, just a little too perfect? Nope, my next point will say why.

Third, among other things, there is a huge elephant in the room. And that is that MONSTER of an engine. The atmospheric 3.8L flat-six in that iteration is so damn good it will fill your heart with so much love. It is like a companion that just keeps you entertained, and that jewel of an engine does just that. Skimming through the beautiful world we have, or ravaging that on the racetrack, it will bring you so much joy and a plethora of feelings that no other car company at that level can offer. Of course there are many exceptions and facets that I haven't covered, but we will leave that for another day. Anyways, and we now know what they did to their engines. I am sure you know of this, but they now added turbos not really for performance but "fuel economy". The performance was just a bonus. Europe is literally fighting a war with car manufacturers over there that North America and other areas of the world are not a part of fighting. I watched a video in regards to the new 911 Carrera and they claimed that according to the EPA, if one drives like an oldie, it will save 560$ over the next 100,000 miles. That is a ridiculous excuse to go to turbocharging, for all that mattered they could have introduced a light-weight mild-hybrid system. But now they're with turbos. Anyways, you're a winner. You have a legendary car with a legendary package overall.

Lastly, assuming from what you said, and looking at pictures, the car is a pretty high-class specification, also looking at the Carrera S rims with the popular matte black option (it could do with or without the carbon ceramic brakes though, so it could go either way) and you got a car that WILL skyrocket in value. That's a fact. You will be one of those enthusiasts that gets to enjoy one of the most amazing cars on the road, and for that matter, will give you smiles for as long as you drive it.

Porsche is that one company, that one exception, that leaves you with no words, speechless in a way that leaves your jaw gaping to the floor, the true excellence that goes in a Porsche is something that will always leave you remaining in awe. They manage to make everything just work, and leaves you thinking if there are actually mad scientists that are running Porsche.

Last edited:

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Haha! Of course. Now that I saw your 911, I will personally force you to stay with it for the rest of your life, don't know how, but right now my choices are probably through magic. No way in hell will you sell that beauty. ;)) ...

:) :). I also love Porsches and you are right, this 911 is absolutely incredible. I won't be selling it. I agree totally with what you are saying about the turbo craze and the new 911s non turbo turbos (very funny). The NA engines (like Lexus F brand) have both a way better linear feel on the acceleration and drive, and simply sound way better.

I will add that my love of Lexus is simply augmented by my love of the 911. (my first love is Lexus as well) There is something particularly special about the Lexus NA F engines and driving dynamics that cannot be found elsewhere. This is well documented in many reviews and videos comparing the M5 with the GS F etc.

BTW: I've also driven the Porsche Panamera and the GS F beats it hands down from a driving experience point of view. The new Panameras are very fast (turbo and all) but they don't come close to the driving dymanic s and sheer fun of the GS F (and I just drove the GS F once today). The older ones as well; no comparison in driving. Sure they are luxurious, but Lexus F brands are all about the driving experience.

This is where the automotive media has missed out on the driving dynamics of the RF F as well.

anyway, I love the 911 NA versions. and really love the LC NA engine, but long for a true F model.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
LOL! I'm coming to my senses, gradually. Don't think I can manage both of them, but parting with the LC would be hard. Not doing anything right now. Mulling it all over

unless you really need extra space, personally I would keep LC like you are thinking.

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
Keep the LC, its made in the same plant and same hands that worked on the LFA, how much more special can that get?

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
unless you really need extra space, personally I would keep LC like you are thinking.

Keep the LC, its made in the same plant and same hands that worked on the LFA, how much more special can that get?

tough call. For now I am keeping the LC. I will only consider trading it if I can get a 10th Anniversary GS F. with only 100 being sold in the USA it will be difficult, but I am working on it. After driving the 16 GS F (which i really loved), I came home to my LC and drove it and looked at it and just thought, no %&$ way I am letting this car go. So we are on the same page.

If I can get the 10 Anniversary GS F edition, I may just look for a way to keep the LC and get one of those., but as you know, we are talking a fair amount of money, but Just looking at my baby (my LC) excites me and driving her is something else. The 911 drives incredibly too, but they are different enough that one does not cancel the other. I know that I'm odd (how many people want to own this many fantastic cars!), but in this part of my life, I am just living my life the way I want to and enjoying life and a big part of enjoyment for me is owning and driving cars like these (and reading about other cars, getting drives in other cars, and seeing other cars).

Thank goodness my wife loves me and accepts me even though she doesn't understand this part of me. I kinda mentioned some thoughts about getting a GS F and she just asked if this buying and selling cars was rather expensive. :) we have independent accounts and she makes quite a bit herself, so it doesn't impact her financially;; she wonders mostly whether I am mentally healthy with my car guy self and car obsession. She's a keeper!! (my wife that is). LOL thanks to all for your great comments and likes and support. I strongly suspect that I will get a 10th anniversary GS F this summer. My Lexus dealership is working on it (they are absolutely great) and some others are as well :)

Can you imagine owning a car that will be so rare, with only 100 sold in the USA!? a Car that is such a classic and that looks so good. I'm fantasizing. That is a car that I will keep forever and will to my son (who also loves Lexus too but cannot afford one yet). I'll keep you all posted

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
You guys are great! all in good fun! yes, the LC F sits at the back of my mind. I can't wait to hear about its specs and performance stats. Glad it's still 2 or so years from now. A lot of things to manage now.

Ever considered selling your LC, porsche and saving your GSF money for an LFA :cool:

James

Founding Member
Reactions
You guys are great! all in good fun! yes, the LC F sits at the back of my mind. I can't wait to hear about its specs and performance stats. Glad it's still 2 or so years from now. A lot of things to manage now.
PeterF do you have any videos of you driving the LC? Any 0-60 acceleration? Would love to hear that engine roar!

Mr1956T

Fan
Reactions
I love reading this! It's like living in the stratosphere - I can only just about afford to keep both my 2004 IS200 and 2013 GS250 F Sport! But even at this level, they have soul - it may not have the horses but there is something about the driving experience of the old IS with it's straight six that nothing else at that level comes near. Just love jumping in it, turning the key, push back the sunroof and let the good times roll! It's not about how fast you're travelling, or the ultimate 0-60 - it's the experience. It's very hard to define - but there's something about both my cars that makes them feel classier than they're apparent value. The media have rarely got a hold of it - it's something that it seems Lexus are always up against.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
I love reading this! It's like living in the stratosphere - I can only just about afford to keep both my 2004 IS200 and 2013 GS250 F Sport! But even at this level, they have soul - it may not have the horses but there is something about the driving experience of the old IS with it's straight six that nothing else at that level comes near. Just love jumping in it, turning the key, push back the sunroof and let the good times roll! It's not about how fast you're travelling, or the ultimate 0-60 - it's the experience. It's very hard to define - but there's something about both my cars that makes them feel classier than they're apparent value. The media have rarely got a hold of it - it's something that it seems Lexus are always up against.

you make a very good point. while we are talking about the LC and F models, the fact is that nonF Lexus models drive incredibly well. I started with a 99 GS400 and I absolutely loved that car and fell in love with Lexus (I had been a Toyota owner and liked those as well). I'm 64 now and not too long ago I would never have imagined buying the cars that I have (I used to marvel at the fact that people paid $55k for a new Lexus). Now I'm in far more than that. I saved and was frugal a good part of my life, now with kids gone I'm going to town! Nonetheless, all of Lexus models have great driving dynamics

James

Founding Member
Reactions
check this video out

This was last August at Indianapolis motor speedway (early in my new career as a track car driver, I am faster now, but the LC sounds in this video are glorious!)
Sounds fantastic!