Trade Lexus LC for GS F?!?

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
AM I CRAZY?!!!
I am considering trading in my LC500 (loaded with Sport performance) for a GS F. (I'll get money back). I love my LC500, but I have longed for the GS to be moved to a superior platform, but this won't happen. I now am musing (on my birthday I will add) that I will be crazy and get a GS F; a car that I will keep forever and can drive my future grandkids around in and can still take on long hauls. I know it seems crazy, but the GS F will be a collectors item eventually and I'm having a bit of a hard time parting with my long time dream of owning a GS F. I already own a 2014 Porsche 911 S, naturally aspirated engine that is an impressive coupe, but can't seem to get the GS F out of my mind. I'm looking at a certified 16 GS F from my dealership. So there you have it. I'd love to hear your comments: crazy or not!!! (well, quite honestly, I know I am car crazy and have spent a load of money on them, so perhaps that's not the right question. I'm already fantasizing about modifying this GS F... LOL!!!

(i am considering getting a LC F eventually when it comes out; then I can trade my 911 in if the LC F seems like a good car to get.... if it approaches a 911 GT3)

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Many people are dumping on Lexus for dropping the GS even though literally nobody actually knows whats happening.

What we do know is that Lexus is looking to stop in Europe. What happens in Europe doesn't necessarily happen across the world.

We also know Carmaker1 posted about the 5GS production program and schedule. If there is a chance for us to know before Lexus announces it, it may have to come from him so hopefully we get some updates on this.

And even if Lexus drops the GS for good, it doesn't mean Lexus will never compete in the space again. They could be taking a break to focus elsewhere or be entering a new segment that makes more sense for the changing luxury market.

excellent point!!!! we tend to jump to conclusions too fast. Let's remain optimistic!

James

Founding Member
Reactions
AM I CRAZY?!!!
I am considering trading in my LC500 (loaded with Sport performance) for a GS F. (I'll get money back). I love my LC500, but I have longed for the GS to be moved to a superior platform, but this won't happen. I now am musing (on my birthday I will add) that I will be crazy and get a GS F; a car that I will keep forever and can drive my future grandkids around in and can still take on long hauls. I know it seems crazy, but the GS F will be a collectors item eventually and I'm having a bit of a hard time parting with my long time dream of owning a GS F. I already own a 2014 Porsche 911 S, naturally aspirated engine that is an impressive coupe, but can't seem to get the GS F out of my mind. I'm looking at a certified 16 GS F from my dealership. So there you have it. I'd love to hear your comments: crazy or not!!! (well, quite honestly, I know I am car crazy and have spent a load of money on them, so perhaps that's not the right question. I'm already fantasizing about modifying this GS F... LOL!!!

(i am considering getting a LC F eventually when it comes out; then I can trade my 911 in if the LC F seems like a good car to get.... if it approaches a 911 GT3)
I don’t think you’re crazy at all. Now I can’t compare to you as I just have a new F Sport GS 350 and would have to pay more money (can’t imagine my wife being happy about that) where you rt money back but I was at my dealership today and they had one inside that just looked so good. I’m sure the LC is a helluva car but the GSF might not be around that long and I’m pretty sure LC will be around for another generation with the buzz it has received.

Reactions
AM I CRAZY?!!!

First of all, hell no you aren't crazy. I sometimes think about that too. Second, why not get everything? ;)

By the way, try not to sell that 911. Especially with everything going turbo, not only is the value of your 911 going to increase (assuming the specifications are to the roof), and you will never regret it ever. That aura, that essence that your 911 will give you, gives goosebumps and will make your hairs rise, and I say that as a huge enthusiast for Lexus.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
First of all, hell no you aren't crazy. I sometimes think about that too. Second, why not get everything? ;)

By the way, try not to sell that 911. Especially with everything going turbo, not only is the value of your 911 going to increase (assuming the specifications are to the roof), and you will never regret it ever. That aura, that essence that your 911 will give you, gives goosebumps and will make your hairs rise, and I say that as a huge enthusiast for Lexus.

oh, good point about the 911. It's fully loaded with all the goodies. I love the NA engine

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Keep the LC ... can't imagine parting with it ... but get the GS F too! ... life's to short! ;)
Easy for me to say because I can't afford it ... and ... my wife would KILL me!!!

LOL! I'm coming to my senses, gradually. Don't think I can manage both of them, but parting with the LC would be hard. Not doing anything right now. Mulling it all over

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
I'm Team Everything. The LC and GS F are too different not to have both, IMO. And you'll go to Car Guy Hell if you sell the 911, so it's settled ;-)

God, I can't go to Car Guy Hell; the suffering would be too much. You are correct, the LC and GS F are quite different. My heart thumps thinking of both! The 911 is a keeper too. Now, I am thinking of a way to explain this to my wife. I've got a few ideas up my sleeve (I haven't bought a car since last August!, I need a 4 door sedan b/c sooner or later we will have grandkids, it is overall better for ..... the car is unique! there are very few and it has a NA engine! If I wanted to, I could take it to the track ; LOL)

Reactions
If I may give some advice, I can help and give some ideas. :laughing:

Many people like the sound of some words more than another. You have to speak in a very calculated manner in order for her to say yes!
Use words like "security", "important asset to the family", "relic", "these three cars will allow us to benefit in a positive manner", "important to haul around the grandkids in a sedan and have long lasting memories with them with the two amazing coupes", "practicality", "uniqueness", "asset", "teaching tool" etc.

Essentially, you're giving everything to her straight, and in technicality you are telling her the truth. Because Lexus automobiles (yes and that Porsche) can really make lasting memories. However you use another mindset once you're trying to explain it to her. Remember to have a few breaths, and be as genuine as you can.

Honestly, if you can do it, you will actually enjoy those three cars for as long as you will grace this earth in my opinion. Those three cars are so damn amazing that I am quite excited and happy for you if this actually pans out. Good luck! :fist::rolleyes:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
The GS F is probably my favorite current Lexus and definitely a top-five all-time model. Everything about it -- the exterior, the interior, the powertrain, the size, it's just about perfect. I would trade an LC for a GS F in a minute, ESPECIALLY if I already had a 911.

AND THAT'S MY MONDAY MORNING HOT TAKE

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
The GS F is probably my favorite current Lexus and definitely a top-five all-time model. Everything about it -- the exterior, the interior, the powertrain, the size, it's just about perfect. I would trade an LC for a GS F in a minute, ESPECIALLY if I already had a 911.

AND THAT'S MY MONDAY MORNING HOT TAKE

There is something about the GS F that I really love as well. I'm going for a drive later this week. I also love the exterior, the interior (esp the seats) and I like the size. I am mulling this over seriously. I will add that at the same time, it will be hard to let the LC go; I might morn the loss of the LC; but the 911 does provide comfort.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
There is something about the GS F that I really love as well. I'm going for a drive later this week. I also love the exterior, the interior (esp the seats) and I like the size. I am mulling this over seriously. I will add that at the same time, it will be hard to let the LC go; I might morn the loss of the LC; but the 911 does provide comfort.

Well, the LC will still be good years from now, as it gets continually upgraded as a flagship vehicle. Is there any guarantee Lexus will do another GS F?

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
Well, the LC will still be good years from now, as it gets continually upgraded as a flagship vehicle. Is there any guarantee Lexus will do another GS F?

this is one of my main arguments in favor of the GS F. There will be no more GS Fs IMHO. It will be a collector's car soon.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
I would maybe consider the trade for the 10th anniversary GS F

This is a great idea! In fact, late last night after a long drive from Princeton NJ to Indiana it dawned on me that the anniversary edition is ideal; not only does it look fantastic, but it will be a collectors item. Only 100 for US market. I looked around on the Lexus site but could not find it, although I didn't spend a lot of time. Wondering if there are still some available. I'm going to check this out today

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
This is a great idea! In fact, late last night after a long drive from Princeton NJ to Indiana it dawned on me that the anniversary edition is ideal; not only does it look fantastic, but it will be a collectors item. Only 100 for US market. I looked around on the Lexus site but could not find it, although I didn't spend a lot of time. Wondering if there are still some available. I'm going to check this out today

We should be able to find you one, I'll even post it on the front page if I have to. ;)

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
We should be able to find you one, I'll even post it on the front page if I have to. ;)

:)
Let me give you an update. I spoke with my dealership and they said that allotments of the 10th anniversary GS F are given out to dealerships based on how many GS Fs (and RC Fs) they have sold. With only 100 allotments for the USA, they don't expect to get any because the competition is tough with big dealerships in CA and FL (and perhaps NY). So, looks like this option is out unless we can find other ways ;)

I drove a GS F today (2016) and absolutely loved it. THEN I came home and drove my LC (I have been in Princeton NJ on sabbatical for much of the winter and have not driven my cars). Anyway, WOW, I love my LC and have a hard time thinking of parting with it, except if I can get this 10th anniversary. In fact, right now I am thinking that the only solution is to get a GS F and keep the LC. I can't part with the LC to get the 16 GS F, but I can for the 10th anniversary GS F... However, as RAL, Ian Schmidt and Silver Arrows say, I want both. I can manage it too with some stretching. This has been an exciting experience. How I would love the 10th Anniversary GS F!!!. Here are some pics of my current car family. As you can see, they are all saying GIVE US A GS F to COMPLETE US! The cars look alone without a strong 4 door big brother with PRESENCE. (let me tell you driving the GS F in different TVD modes was something else

911 AND LC.jpeg
LC and 911.jpeg

911 alone.jpeg

As you can see, we have a big car family. (the Altima is my son's, the Colorado is mine, the Corolla is my wife's and I also have a RAV4 that my daughter drives, but son and daughter are basically out of the household. A GS F is the missing piece!!! LOL! for a Lexus car nut that is!!

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
If I may give some advice, I can help and give some ideas. :laughing:

Honestly, if you can do it, you will actually enjoy those three cars for as long as you will grace this earth in my opinion. Those three cars are so damn amazing that I am quite excited and happy for you if this actually pans out. Good luck! :fist::rolleyes:

thanks Silver Arrows, I really like your last point about enjoying these cars for as long as I will grace this earth!!! well said. (I have a Porsche Nut friend, who is the same with Porsches, to the Nth degree but doesn't understand the Lexus Enthusiasts love of Lexus.