Toyota C-HR (New, Cheaper LE/XLE Trims Added for 2019)

larryren

Follower
Reactions
(Origin post link:https://www.autohome.com.cn/advice/202003/981384.html)
some C-HR EV info update from Chinese well-known car media Autohome.com.cn
This demo car it will be send it to dealership to show. And we can see the demo car is top trim(it have leather seats/steering wheel, full LCD dashboard, higher than last time post's one). Also we finally know the chassis code for EV version is KPX10. The news said C-HR EV will debut at late April. I will try to update ASAP if official announce.
autohomecar__ChsEnF59j-aAfAv5AAaW-i0ct3Y000.jpg

autohomecar__ChsEkF59vQOAM8AKAAYlw7uMAm8935.jpg
autohomecar__ChsEml59vPSAayjJAAMfiWsH11g917.jpg
autohomecar__ChsEnV59wOOAdZciAAYhrehtYpI809.jpg

autohomecar__ChsEeV59j5qAXMPsAAfFM8M89Sk681.jpg

Will1991

Reactions
If possible, if someone could post here some reviews for this car when they started to deliver some cars, it would be great.

larryren

Follower
Reactions
Update some news here. GAC-Toyota officially debut C-HR EV today. It pricing 225,800 to 249,800 RMB(including Chinese NEV subsidy).
(exchange rate 1USD≈7.08 RMB, it cost 31877 to 35265 USD). The media have got review few day later.

Here some personal opinion for the C-HR EV's price, that was quite expensive. 230k basic model it almost same MSRP of Camry 2.5 Gas ver. or 2.5 Hybrid RAV4 in China. And if buy a hybrid version in some city(like Guangzhou/Tianjin) will also easily get the numberplate.
(China green numberplate is for PHEV/EV/Extended Range Electric Vehicle, no need lottery or auction to get a quota. But will limit you only can change NEV car next round.)
Even you need "buy" a numberplate, some city numberplate's prices are still lower than price difference of normal version between EV version. And can use that "normal quota" to buy any type of car, and save some money to refuel, especially fuel price pretty low these days.

(Some officical picture below)
KV02.jpg

The batteries pack exploded view.
qua02.jpg

The chassis with batteries pack
driving04.jpg

Will1991

Reactions
A bit sad to ear it's that expensive, but thank you for sharing!

For reference, I don't know if it's available or not, how much does a Kona EV costs around there?

larryren

Follower
Reactions
A bit sad to ear it's that expensive, but thank you for sharing!

For reference, I don't know if it's available or not, how much does a Kona EV costs around there?
Kona EV? Oh! If you don't remind me I just forgot this car. Because this car in China called ENCINO EV😅 and also manufactured locally by Beijing-Hyundai.

Pricing starting at 172,800 to 198,800 including Chinese NEV subsidy. (exchange to USD≈24392 to 28063).

It have longer range than C-HR EV and more cheaper than C-HR. But due to these years objective factors (Political and Chinese domestic manufacturer have making more better quality than before's products), Korean car are not so popular in China than before. But Korean manufacturers still have technical advantages (Engine/Transmission etc.)over domestic manufacturers. Chinese local brands are try to using EV to beyond the Korean competitors.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
This car is basically designed for Beijing Shanghai Shenzhen where number plates are more expensive than the car. It effectively only costs ¥100k in Shanghai where number plate has exceeded ¥120k in real price (the official numbers are incorrect, most people trade on black market where price can be over ¥200k). That's cheaper than a Yaris.

The Encino EV (Kona EV in USA) is really great value compared to this. But as @larrychen correctly pointed out, Korean products are suffering badly from geopolitical tensions like Japanese did in 2012. They sell fewer Encino in a month than C-HR in a day despite good reviews.

We all know this is a compliance vehicle and Toyota has no interest in making any more than is required to meet the double credit quota, hence the high price.

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
“好贵,
so expensive;
贵才能好,好才能贵;
Because of the high price, things must be well done; because of the things is so perfect, they are expensive to sell…”

The price of CH-R EV reminds me of the advertisement that Borgward put in China. Maybe this advertisement is more suitable for Toyota China…😂

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
“好贵,
so expensive;
贵才能好,好才能贵;
Because of the high price, things must be well done; because of the things is so perfect, they are expensive to sell…”

The price of CH-R EV reminds me of the advertisement that Borgward put in China. Maybe this advertisement is more suitable for Toyota China…😂
This.

My local Lexus dealer doesn't even hide this to his customers: "our cars are good because we are expensive."

A more popular saying is “一分价钱一分货(You buy one cent worth of product with one cent)”. Such is the meaning of value in our culture. It's somewhat different to other cultures.

I guess It's like the western definition of 'Veblen Good' but also applies to more common things.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
But also C-HR on its own is always more expensive than Kona, even in petrol form... Kona is one class lower vehicle.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
They compete in the same space here in the US. The C-HR here is FWD only, and not available with AWD.

It is same in Europe, it does not have AWD nor it needs AWD.

It is still one class higher vehicle though, it is based on higher class, it has far more quality interior, suspension, etc. It is like Yaris vs Corolla.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Well, I'm pretty confident now that C-HR is dead. I know that I mentioned it (a week ago) somewhere else online that Corolla Cross was next C-HR, but deliberately only said it once back then.

Having found my confirmation and cropped it to hide the source, it all matches up.20200423_170544.jpg

Will1991

Reactions
@spwolf , you're right, I've been debating this subject with a friend and yes, what I said before was wrong and just forgot to come here and to rectify.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Well, I'm pretty confident now that C-HR is dead. I know that I mentioned it (a week ago) somewhere else online that Corolla Cross was next C-HR, but deliberately only said it once back then.

Having found my confirmation and cropped it to hide the source, it all matches up.View attachment 3871

Again, distinction being - for USA. It feels important to clarify that as, again, C-HR is most sucessful new vehicle launched by Toyota in 20 years. They probably sold around 500,000 CHR's in 2019, if not more.

Question is - will they simply rename next generation CHR as Corolla Cross in USA, or will there be two different vehicles worldwide?
I assume later is the case, and that Europe/Japan/China will get both C-HR and Corolla Cross, while USA and some other markets get only Corolla Cross due to local production/prices/size.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
Again, distinction being - for USA. It feels important to clarify that as, again, C-HR is most sucessful new vehicle launched by Toyota in 20 years. They probably sold around 500,000 CHR's in 2019, if not more.

Question is - will they simply rename next generation CHR as Corolla Cross in USA, or will there be two different vehicles worldwide?
I assume later is the case, and that Europe/Japan/China will get both C-HR and Corolla Cross, while USA and some other markets get only Corolla Cross due to local production/prices/size.
I've been asking myself precisely those questions. It also brings to mind parallels to Nissan's recent experience. To me, C-HR was Toyota's direct reply to Nissan's Juke, a bizarre, overwrought rally car/crossover SUV mashup. Juke didn't do particularly well in the U.S. and was replaced with the far more conventional (and cheaper to build) Kicks, and I've heard zero talk of Nissan bringing the 2nd-gen Juke back to North America, whereas in Europe/Japan/China the new Juke sells alongside Qashqai (U.S. Rogue Sport).

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I've been asking myself precisely those questions. It also brings to mind parallels to Nissan's recent experience. To me, C-HR was Toyota's direct reply to Nissan's Juke, a bizarre, overwrought rally car/crossover SUV mashup. Juke didn't do particularly well in the U.S. and was replaced with the far more conventional (and cheaper to build) Kicks, and I've heard zero talk of Nissan bringing the 2nd-gen Juke back to North America, whereas in Europe/Japan/China the new Juke sells alongside Qashqai (U.S. Rogue Sport).

yeah, because for us C-HR is almost midsized vehicle :)

Juke has a little bit different background story but in the end, they are similar in the sense it will never work in the US, just like CHR, at least not to be a big seller... same as UX and Q2, etc. I feel sometimes I have to repeat that these cars are not going anywhere because they are built for different market with different prefferences and they sell well there.