Toyota C-HR (New, Cheaper LE/XLE Trims Added for 2019)

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
No interior shots??

These are from Google, both of the concept and later prototypes, but their accuracy is not guaranteed:

2016-Toyota-C-HR-inside-1.jpg

2016-Toyota-C-HR-Interior.jpg

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Wow, those interior shots differ quite dramatically. You are correct indeed, accuracy certainly can't be verified until we see official shots from Toyota.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Wow, those interior shots differ quite dramatically. You are correct indeed, accuracy certainly can't be verified until we see official shots from Toyota.

Welcome back, BTW.....haven't seen you post in a while. :)

Reactions: CIF

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
That interior isn't the C-HR, its the Aygo

Yeah, there's a lot of stuff on Google images that is either mislabeled or is not verified (I've run into that before). That's why I was reasonably sure of the first one but not the second, although I strongly doubt that the first one would actually go into production.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
C-HR is finally a home-run design from Toyota. Usually you had Lexus for good design and Toyota for practicality and non-offensive design. I am glad this is changing.

oem_is300

Founding Member
Reactions
Liking that Gazoo C-HR on the toyota.jp page. Glad to see that a manual is going to be offered on this, hopefully that transmission is an option here in the US as well.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Liking that Gazoo C-HR on the toyota.jp page. Glad to see that a manual is going to be offered on this, hopefully that transmission is an option here in the US as well.

Yeah, Toyota Europe is going to race C-HR at 24hrs of Nurburgring.

After sitting in Prius, I have high hopes for C-HR.

I would not be so sure about USA and manual... it will likely have 2.0l CVT.

Reactions
I would not be so sure about USA and manual... it will likely have 2.0l CVT.
If it doesn't have a manual, it'll be crossed off my list of next cars. The fact that it is likely competing for the same buyers as the Corolla, I don't see why they won't offer a manual with it. The HR-V does offer one in addition to their CVTs, so there is a business case for it to be offered.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
If it doesn't have a manual, it'll be crossed off my list of next cars. The fact that it is likely competing for the same buyers as the Corolla, I don't see why they won't offer a manual with it. The HR-V does offer one in addition to their CVTs, so there is a business case for it to be offered.

It will likely start at $22k. Maybe they will offer manual to lower the base price? They also offer AWD only on 1.2t... so maybe 1.2t engine will be offered in USA? That has both manual and S-CVT.

Reactions
Very good job! Maybe a little too sexy for a Toyota?

However, I don't want Lexus to make its version.

Reactions
Toyota used to be sexy (the mid-90s run of the Supra, MR-2, and to a lesser extent Celica), and with the rebirth of the Supra it can be again. So I think this will fit in fine.
I knew that, even Camry at that time was quite sexy for its class.

However, Toyota seems to have moved away from that path for years until recently.
And, this is a SUV, the lowest priced in its line. I like it but I am not in that class.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Looking at this C-HR is making me excited for next gen products like Camry. The level of detail here is very sharp and really well thought out... and this is a cheap product.

Imagine what we will get in next generation Rav4, Camry, Highlander, Avalon, etc.