The sounds of Lexus

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Amazing.

Voters support U.S. automakers transitioning to zero-emission vehicles, as well as a host of specific legislative pieces that would help U.S. automakers transition to that goal.

NEARLY TWO THIRDS OF VOTERS (63%) SUPPORT U.S. AUTOMAKERS TRANSITIONING TO ZERO-EMISSION VEHICLES.
This includes over three quarters of Democratic voters (79%) as well as majorities of independent voters (56%), Republican voters (50%), and Obama ‘12 – Trump ‘16 voters (60%).

WHEN IT COMES TO LEGISLATIVE INITIATIVES, VOTERS DISPLAY BROAD SUPPORT FOR THE FOLLOWING MEASURES:
Support for key legislative initiatives to help the U.S. transition to zero-emission cars, trucks, and buses:
• Passing legislation to increase domestic manufacturing of zero-emission electric vehicles, batteries and component parts: 58% support
• Expanding tax incentives and point-of-sale vouchers for zero-emission cars and trucks: 57% support
• Providing grants to school districts to purchase zero-emission school buses: 62% support
• Funding state and local agencies developing local electric vehicle charging infrastructure: 59% support

VOTERS ARE LIKELY TO BELIEVE A SHIFT TO ELECTRIC VEHICLES WOULD BE MOSTLY POSITIVE.
Voters are more than three times as likely to believe a shift to electric vehicles would be mostly positive (51%) than mostly negative (15%). Half or more Democrats (67%), ideological moderates (51%), ‘Trump ‘16 – Biden ‘20’ voters* (69%), and young Republicans (18-34) (52%) believe a shift to electric vehicles would be mostly positive. Over half of voters believe investments in electric cars, trucks and buses by local, state, and federal government would mostly help the health of Americans, air pollution, and reducing asthma
Your link is taking a small statistical sample (1,995 registered voters) which is not representative to the whole (polling percentages has very little meaning and can be skewed) and their logic (consulting firm "Morning Consult") is conjecture.

One must look at the big picture, question, research and critically think. We must all agree that governments are mandating soulless EV's, right? Let's look at one department of the government such as law enforcement and let's look at Los Angeles county which has over 10 million people (most populated county in the U.S. and has more people than some states such as Massachusetts). LAPD (Los Angeles Police Department) has about 90% SUV's in their fleet, CHP (California Highway Patrol - State Police) has about 95% SUV's in their fleet and Los Angeles county deputy sheriff's has about 85% - 90% SUV's in their fleet (budget constraints prevents them from purchasing more SUV's). Now if our own government is mandating soulless EV's then why aren't they being the example and having all their law enforcement driving EV's? Rules for thee but not for me?

Massachusetts state police has transitioned from sedans to SUV's and somewhat hybrid SUV's (a very small percentage, 161 hybrid vehicles out of 3,100 non-hybrid vehicles). One can't really compare Maskachusetts to Commiefornia due to the sheer size of the population and economy, California has about 40 million people, 58 counties and is the 5 largest economy in the world whereas Massachusetts has 6.92 million people and 14 counties. So we must look at the big picture, question, research and critically think about the reason why governments are forcing automobile manufacturers to produce only soulless EV's from 2030 and beyond...

Last edited:

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Your link is taking a small statistical sample (1,995 registered voters) which is not representative to the whole (polling percentages has very little meaning and can be skewed) and their logic (consulting firm "Morning Consult") is conjecture.

Why is it not surprising that you lack even basic high school math / statistics knowledge.

2,000 absolutely is sufficient. This is so, so embarrassing.

They even disclose methodology:
The interviews were conducted online and the data were weighted to approximate a target sample of Registered Voters based on age, gender, educational attainment, race, and region. Results from the full survey have a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.

1651756741309.png

One must look at the big picture, question, research and critically think
This is hilarious. I’m dying right now.
“Listen, I may be outclassed by a 15 year old at math, but let me tell you about soulless EVs.”

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
He means if it walks and quacks like a duck it must be a duck...he calls it as he see's it...So, call a spade a spade...
Oh my god what year are you from dude.

You can’t go around using the term spade like there aren’t 50+ years of painful history behind that term. It’s been used as a racial slur since the 20s… this is not a big secret

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
BTW Hans Zimmer just signed up for BMW....I wonder if he can make an EDM Fart track lol

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Why is it not surprising that you lack even basic high school math / statistics knowledge.

2,000 absolutely is sufficient. This is so, so embarrassing.

They even disclose methodology:
The interviews were conducted online and the data were weighted to approximate a target sample of Registered Voters based on age, gender, educational attainment, race, and region. Results from the full survey have a margin of error of plus or minus 2 percentage points.

This is hilarious. I’m dying right now.
“Listen, I may be outclassed by a 15 year old at math, but let me tell you about soulless EVs.”
I must have touched a nerve. Can't we agree to disagree or are you just genetically incapable? If you want to get an soulless EV then by all means have at it however I and most people don't want a soulless EV and the government shouldn't mandate that. It's just that simple.

If that polling survey (polling percentages has very little meaning and can be skewed) was taken place in the mid-west the results would be very different, most pickup truck owners aren't going to rush to purchase a Cybertruck or a Rivian R1T anytime soon.

This is America and the government should not mandate one type of propulsion for the masses. We should have choice such as gasoline, diesel, hydrogen, hybrids, electric, etc. and let the market decide what is best for their own situation. Automobile manufacturers can produce more efficient vehicles regardless of the type of engine. I'll go as far as purchasing a plug in hybrid such as the NX 450h+ which is an efficient vehicle, utility, comfort, reliability/durability, etc. etc....and you wouldn't have range anxiety.

Last edited:

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Oh my god what year are you from dude.

You can’t go around using the term spade like there aren’t 50+ years of painful history behind that term. It’s been used as a racial slur since the 20s… this is not a big secret
Then you must be older than you seem but act like a 15 year old and probably lives with his parents...

I don't think BOGGLO's intention or reference was to a racial slur and it certainly wasn't mine. He was just calling it for what it was. He asked a question, Why are the US automaker (and even automakers outside the US) transitioning to zero-emission vehicles? Can you answer that question without mentioning the government?

Last edited:

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I must have touched a nerve. Can't we agree to disagree or are you just genetically incapable? If you want to get an soulless EV then by all means have at it however I and most people don't want a soulless EV and the government shouldn't mandate that. It's just that simple.

If that polling survey (polling percentages has very little meaning and can be skewed) was taken place in the mid-west the results would be very different, most pickup truck owners aren't going to rush to purchase a Cybertruck or a Rivian R1T anytime soon.

This is America and the government should not mandate one type of propulsion for the masses. We should have choice such as gasoline, diesel, hydrogen, hybrids, electric, etc. and let the market decide what is best for their own situation. Automobile manufacturers can produce more efficient vehicles regardless of the type of engine. I'll go as far as purchasing a plug in hybrid such as the NX 450h+ which is an efficient vehicle, utility, comfort, reliability/durability, etc. etc....and you wouldn't have range anxiety.

This is sort of sad to read. Kind of shows where the education systems seem to have failed a portion of the population.

Can’t do basic math/stats. Can’t produce basic reason. Refuses to accept that statistically significant polling that demonstrates broad demand. Doesn’t understand politicians are pushing it because it’s necessary for a move to sustainability. Doesn’t understand those politicians act based on a society of people who want to transition and who vote in support of it.

Again, the methodology you seem determined to ignore or misunderstand:

If policies were so unpopular, you wouldn’t see bipartisan support and the politicians who push it would be voted out.

Regarding your claim I live at home, I’m happy to make this discussion really shallow really quick and show you the market value for my advise and opinions. I’m in the business of raising capital for companies including across the EV supply chain.

Speculate all you want if it makes you feel important for a brief second, or something.

:ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO:

Ian, sorry pal, I’m done punching down for now.

I’ll let this get back to the discussion at hand.

RAL

Reactions
Okay guys, this thread ... this site ... is not the place for politics! We have communicated this to each of you over and over again both publicly and privately. There are plenty of other avenues on social media for it.

And the personal attacks demean each of you. So stop it! Thank you ...