The Official "I'm Struggling with Lexus" Thread

Jonas

Fan
Reactions
So if I understand you both:

1. The Supra is like a flirt between a japanese and a german, that ends with a real hot lap at Nurnburgring.
  2. There is an argument about what name is appropriate for the couples car.
  3. The big dispute is about the engine for a car named Supra - should it be german or japanese?

The motors in both my previous RC F and LC 500 was developed not by Toyota, but by Yamaha, I think...

So, maybe the question is if the BMW motor in the Supra is a good one, or should Toyota have flirted with someone else?

Jonas

Fan
Reactions
Please, is the Supra a good car, is the car and motor any good; experiences or reviews, gentlemen? Should I, in your opinion, consider bying a Supra?

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Please, is the Supra a good car, is the car and motor any good; experiences or reviews, gentlemen? Should I, in your opinion, consider bying a Supra?

Honestly other than the name

It's a well handling sports car, which I will consider myself if I am looking within this category

At first I was skeptical, but the car power and handling is amazing, and with the V6 and be comparable to the American V6 and far superior to them even

I mean the trio Challenger, Mustang & Camaro

In short the MK5 Supra is American muscle with German heart and Japanese mind especially in handling and power distribution built in Austria

I love how it makes me feel

Reactions

I would give you my review but watch/read Savagegeese's, Throttle House's, Car and Driver's, and MotorTrend's reviews. Savagegeese and Car and Driver has done extensive reviews in the 2020 and 2021 cars in particular. Motor Trend has as well but they're inconsistent with their reviewing.

It's truly a great car.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
In short if you look at it as MK4 2+2 coupe successor it will fail
If you are really giving it credit for being amazing in handling and feels it has way extra power and torque than written it is for you
For someone wants a back twisty roads car that can be used daily if he's alone

Jonas

Fan
Reactions
Just looked at Savagegese - you could say what you want - I am hooked.

Do not care of my previous RC F, GS F and LC 500, touring, hell, bye, bye Lexus.

If this is the existing japanese TMC option, I think my next project is a Supra 6 cykla, my Lexus is going to be usel for hauling my family!

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I don’t follow the car industry that closely just Lexus and this site is there news coming from any car companies? Just want to know if it’s Lexus or the industry as a whole?

I just don’t get why Lexus is so quiet. They have some major holes and models that need updated. I mean isn’t NX due this upcoming year? Is it normal not to the see the final product by now?

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
I just don’t get why Lexus is so quiet. They have some major holes and models that need updated. I mean isn’t NX due this upcoming year? Is it normal not to the see the final product by now?
Why is Lexus (Toyota) so quiet? Toyota is very, typically Japanese, in that it is a very quiet, very conservative company, not outgoing like the stereotypical American or even Western European. Unlike the European automakers that seem to advertise (even if unofficially) their new, upcoming models seemingly years in advance, Toyota (and Lexus) will not advertise their new models until very close to introduction date.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I wouldn't say Toyota has been quiet... so far in 2020:

Yaris GR
Camry Refresh
All-new Mirai
2021 Supra update (New I6 and 2.0T)
All-new Corolla Cross
RAV4 Prime
RAV4 TRD Off Road
All-new Venza/Harrier
Highlander XSE
New 4Runner trims added
All-new Sienna
Tundra leaks
Hilux Refresh
Fortuner Refresh
Gazoo Super Sport

Lexus:
IS Refresh
LS Refresh
LC Convertible

mikeavelli

Reactions
Looking at the onslaught and turnaround Toyota has gotten, to Gecko’s point, I feel good that Lexus IS next. I do agree it’s been pretty low with all new product. The move to electrification doesn’t help things.

Hoping the rumored IS 500 breathes some performance life into things and begins a long trend.

Deusex

Follower
Reactions
Looking at the onslaught and turnaround Toyota has gotten, to Gecko’s point, I feel good that Lexus IS next. I do agree it’s been pretty low with all new product. The move to electrification doesn’t help things.

Hoping the rumored IS 500 breathes some performance life into things and begins a long trend.

I really do hope so. For the past 10yrs I have been buying only Lexus cars, on average, one every two years. My lease ends in about two years for RX 450 F. Was thinking about Porsche Cayenne if Lex still sleeps after my lease ends.

Jonas

Fan
Reactions
So my question is, have Lexus changed their focus to other customer groups? Or is it just a question of extremly bad product cadace? Do not blame it on Covid-19 - other brands is clearly better in their product line, with new products and new teqnology.

What makes me sad is that Lexus raised my expectations with last gen GS, then RC F, GS F and LC. Was all in for them, bying them as soon you could place an order. There was always something special to evolve with and enjoy. And now?!☹