Rydo

Follower
Reactions
Maybe this will be the most popular vehicle worldwide than the RX in time?

Within the markets it launches I would assume so.

Speaking of which, any Chinese language speakers or residents able to translate news websites in the region? I'm really interested to see if any information on the other Asian countries has leaked?

I'm just hoping one of which is a right-hand drive market or the prospect of an import 10 years down the line is soured for me.

The prospect of an import is probably impossible anyway considering the value these things are sitting at - is depreciation big on them in China?

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
What the LM might be competing with in China;

Don't know if its a direct competitor but the Buick GL8 Avenir going for the same luxury feeling/customer. Buick is recognized as a strong luxury brand in China. No partition, no true executive seating done like the LM

And here is the MB V Class. Starring Roger Federer

flexus

Admirer
Reactions

Don't know if its a direct competitor but the Buick GL8 Avenir going for the same luxury feeling/customer.

And here is the MB V Class.

I think LM competea against Toyota's own Alphard and Vellfire. TBH in Europe you can't tell the difference from Vito and V.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions

Read what I wrote above. The LM competes against the Mercedes S-Class Maybach, Maseratti Quattroporte, Bentley Flying Spur, and Range Rover Autobiography. A LM buyer will never consider a GL8 Avenir or a V-Class.

shizhi

Follower
Reactions
Read what I wrote above. The LM competes against the Mercedes S-Class Maybach, Maseratti Quattroporte, Bentley Flying Spur, and Range Rover Autobiography. A LM buyer will never consider a GL8 Avenir or a V-Class.
yes,never consider…Foreigners do not understand the mean of Lexus LM in China…
guest:can i pay extra ¥800000 in order to get this car immediately
dealer:sorry,we don't have such a big discount.
45C5033D-5ABF-4640-964B-4905DCD6703C.jpeg

Last edited:

asoksevil

Fan
Reactions
19-04-15-lexus-lm-interior-birdseye.jpg

View attachment 3236

The gear shifting is still the old one, why not getting the newer ones?

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
The gear shifting is still the old one, why not getting the newer ones?

The driver area in general is so out of line with the ES, LC, UX and LS interior aesthetic that it's embarassing.

It's basically launching with a 3+ year old cockpit.

So much want for a 2nd gen before this one has even launched.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The LM's looks is very well received in its primary market. So far media coverage has been overwhelmingly positive about this product, except the usual joke that this 'bread car' will have a $100k+ markup. Yes, we also have stereotypes about minivans in China and we do joke about them being not classy.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
The LM's looks is very well received in its primary market. So far media coverage has been overwhelmingly positive about this product, except the usual joke that this 'bread car' will have a $100k+ markup. Yes, we also have stereotypes about minivans in China and we do joke about them being not classy.

is the price known?

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
I’m surprised there is a stigma against these vans in China if they can also be so high value.

Anyway, don’t think much of that rendered white one.

Also, Ian, I appreciate that opinion but let’s be real here, it was easier to slightly alter the dash design rather than do a ground up one in their latest interior language.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I’m surprised there is a stigma against these vans in China if they can also be so high value.

Anyway, don’t think much of that rendered white one.

Also, Ian, I appreciate that opinion but let’s be real here, it was easier to slightly alter the dash design rather than do a ground up one in their latest interior language.

Chinese love these, it is positive stigma.

I also like new short gear sticks and that is very easy change.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions

This is exactly what I want to know — has the reaction to the LM has been positive in China?

Who are the tastemakers and the elite in the Chinese automotive media? Have they commented on the LM?