flexus

Admirer
Reactions
If they'd eliminate the weird shark fin just aft of the B pillar this would have the best "floating roof" design ever.
I don't think that would happen ever. It's Toyotas trademark. It has it from first gen, Vellfire has it and even old HiAce and HiAce buses have it. I thin Noah is only model without shark fin.... Personally I like it :) It is very easy way to spot Alphard and ditiguish it for example from Serena/Serena e-power. Every time I see that siloutte and shark fin I go: look there's Alphard!
Maybe sometime in future a beautiful day comes when I buy my self one. It's so roomy and tall yet lenght is under 5000mm. Hybrid option makes me prefer it even over LX or RX450hL.

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
Not sure how I feel about minivan Lexus if true. So they make a van but can’t make a next gen Lexus GS ? Smh Lexus
Luxury mini vans are very popular in asia. Basically Alphard and Vellfire sold more than Lexus+MB in last year in Japan. I've heard that in Indonesia people import Alphard and prefer it over Mercedes S while costing more than it. I'dont think mini van would be offered outside Asia.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I really like that grill design - the vertical bars with horizontal detail between them. That would look sharp on the next gen SUVs since it has a tougher, but still sophisticated, look compared to the mesh. The headlight design is also simple but nice.

No GS, no V8 LS, no F products aside from RC, an engine lineup that predates Obama's first term, ten year old LX and GX, but THANK GOD Lexus has decided to build a minivan. I can't believe I was worried the brand might be fundamentally lost or something.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Will it be the first Lexus to launch with Android Auto?

First Lexus EV model?

When does the F Sport model drop? Red interior?

My money is on LM F dropping before IS F.

tenor.gif

flexus

Admirer
Reactions
My money is on LM F dropping before IS F.
I hope they make F model based on TS050 technology. And never forget there is V8 hybrid Prius is SuperGT300 "researching hybrid technology".
But what engines LM would have? Probably 350, 450h, 300h and 250(260) & 200 for not so wealthy markets. If they are going to make F model they need TTV6 since Alphard 3.5 V6 is capable to do 0-100kmh in just under 7 seconds.

Joaquin Ruhi

Reactions
I hope they make F model based on TS050 technology. And never forget there is V8 hybrid Prius is SuperGT300 "researching hybrid technology".
But what engines LM would have? Probably 350, 450h, 300h and 250(260) & 200 for not so wealthy markets. If they are going to make F model they need TTV6 since Alphard 3.5 V6 is capable to do 0-100kmh in just under 7 seconds.
At least in the U.S., the only LM-related filed trademarks are LM 300h and LM 350.