Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
An LC F track edition would be awesome but Lexus will probably only produce 50 units or less. Lexus is only producing 50 units of the RC F track edition and the price point of an LC F track edition would be pretty sky high Lexus might only produce 25 units (would be very super rare)…

RC F track edition
LC F track edition

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
BMW M8 got unveiled:
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a27734271/2020-bmw-m8-coupe-convertible-photos-info/

617 hp at the highest spec, starting at $134K USD. Also includes a convertible model. I think it looks really nice.

An LC F with similar power output can easily undercut the M8 in price.

The base M8 coupe starts at $134k, the M8 convertible starts at $143,500, the competition coupe starts at $147,000 and the competition convertible at $156,500.

If the LC F happens, I assume it will be close to the base M8 coupe. LC is certainly better looking, but BMW has a history of underrating their engines and the BMW has trick AWD. It will be interesting to see what Lexus delivers and how it stacks up.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Lexus needs to bring out the LC convertible and LC F soon. Lexus should also bring an LC F convertible as well and also an LC four door coupe.

BMW has the convertible (G14), coupe (G15) and four-door Gran Coupe (G16). There are great times...

mikeavelli

Reactions
With the M8 now debuted if the LC F comes soon it has some cool things going for it. One if it stays RWD that helps with purists. If it gets 650hp or so that is rumored that is a TON of power for the price. If its 130k to start it could be considered a bargain. Only the Amercans would offer that much power for less but they are different cars (Demon, CTS-V, Z06).

Interesting to think the LC F could be one hell of value.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
19-11-21-lexus-lc-f-rendering-mag-x.jpg

Japanese magazine Mag-X is reporting that the Lexus LC F has been postponed until 2023 after a decision to convert the coupe into a two-seater.
19-11-21-lexus-mag-x-lc-f-full.jpg

The logic of this move is lost in translation, but the magazine also reiterates the standard rumors that surround the LC F — it will be powered by 4.0L twin-turbo engine, with an estimated price of $200,000 USD.
[Via: Mikkel.jpg on Instagram]

Continue reading...

Reactions
Imma do the best thing here and call on the right people for this!

@flexus @Carmaker1 Can y'all translate and tell us if this is what's going on respectively?

And what the hell? A spoiler? Is that a spyshot? Look at that rear diffuser!

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
I think like the LFA, this is becoming a more ambitious project. It might be going into the supercar or hypercar territory.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
also I will be very disappointed if Lexus delays the LC F even more. The competition never take more than 2 years to release a performance variant of their models, even for low-volume SUVs. It will be 4 years since the LC was unveiled next January. I'm really hoping that I will see the LC F at the next NAIAS.

Last edited:

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
And what the hell? A spoiler? Is that a spyshot? Look at that rear diffuser!

The camo+wing looks like a really bad photoshop that they intentionally blurred to give the rumor some extra oomph.

I think them choosing to re-configure into 2 seater is a good thing, means they're serious about weight/performance and shaving time off 0-60 and laps (which is the only thing anybody cares about). This LCF is looking to be highly competitive (unlike RCF/GSF, which from a mainstream perspective are only questionably competitive). But Lexus planning is all over the place.

Reactions
The camo+wing looks like a really bad photoshop that they intentionally blurred to give the rumor some extra oomph.

I think them choosing to re-configure into 2 seater is a good thing, means they're serious about weight/performance and shaving time off 0-60 and laps (which is the only thing anybody cares about). This LCF is looking to be highly competitive (unlike RCF/GSF, which from a mainstream perspective are only questionably competitive). But Lexus planning is all over the place.

They don't seem to understand that having a linear and a coherent lineup is what will actually not confuse customers. Mercedes-Benz and BMW have nailed this part. With any type of buyer, you can match them with a suitable car. Lexus? Nah.

b.ba

Fan
Reactions
If the spy shot holds to be true, are some of the elements of the rear we are looking at going to preview the mid-cycle refresh (as the GS-F did)?

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
I think it is all relative to the pricing. As I said above, Lexus might end up turning this into a huge project getting to supercar and hypercar level. That segment is absolutely cut-throat. It is too competitive and just too many competitors. McLaren is eating everything in that segment and above (aside from depreciation). To be honest, LFA also had a lot of issues while it was in production. It became a legend once it went out of production. As SavageGeese said, Lexus performance cars don't really start getting appreciated until they are gone.

Last edited:

wyvern

Fan
Reactions

Have only briefly skimmed the article but it makes some interesting claims:
  • Unlike the base car, the LC F will have the transmission just in front of the rear wheels in a transaxle arrangement like the LFA, Nissan GTR and AMG GT. The article claims the transmission itself will still be the 10 speed from the base car though.
  • The LC F will have a rear seat delete, making it a 2 seater car
  • These major changes mean that the development time and cost will be longer and higher than expected.
  • Release is planned for 2023
  • Cost is said to be more than 20,000,000 yen (~$185k USD)
  • The 4 Litre V8 TT which is being developed in conjunction with the LC F is likely going to be introduced before the LC F, and a detuned version of it will replace the 5L NA 2UR V8 in the base car.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
My .02: The LC F has probably been put on hold or cancelled, and this rumor is born out of that. The fact that it hasn't already happened is concerning, and leads me to believe the project is dead. Dealers were shown the LC F a year and a half ago - where is it now?

We've had rumors of a TT V8 with over 600hp since 2007. We've known the LC was coming since 2012 LF-LC concept. LC finally came in 2018 and we're now heading into the 2020 model. Sales are less than half of what Lexus expected, and the passenger car market continues to tank. ... and this is allegedly another 4 years away?

Lexus has squandered their chance to deliver this car in a meaningful way, as they always seem to do. 600+hp is now table stakes for the competition, and many are moving to high performance hybrid + ICE for even more power. Rethinking the execution and making LC F even more expensive isn't going to help the case anymore. It should have been delivered this year, or at the latest, now for 2020MY.

In 2023, LC will be 5 years old which Lexus used to think was time for a redesign, though now that seems about mid-way through a model cycle for their product management strategy. They're going to introduce a $185k version of a five year old car, three years from now (and 11 years after the LF-LC concept)?

Another DOA flagship/F Lexus product.

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
I think like the LFA, this is becoming a more ambitious project. It might be going into the supercar or hypercar territory.

Or canceled territory :)

All jokes aside I don't think it was reasonable to expect LC-F before refresh/facelift but at this pace it seems facelift will be at least 2 years late or maybe this is another 10 years plus long model cycle.

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
If it is cancelled, we can blame the ever increasing stringent Euro emissions standards. They are making it very difficult for internal combustion high performance engines to meet the regulations. Probably, Lexus is forecasting the LCF might not be able to meet the requirements in the year it will be launched when it will become much more stringent. That is why Porsche launched the Taycan..

Another good example is, the RCF (and the track edition) both are detuned in the European and Chinese market by over 20 HP from 472 HP down to 450 HP because it could not pass the new emissions regulations in the high output form.