supra93

Expert
Reactions
Rumors about a Lexus LC F have been floating around for months, but spy photographers have finally caught the model undergoing testing.

Snapped in Germany, the high-performance coupe has a modified front bumper with huge air intakes. The bumper doesn’t appear to be production ready, but the car also has extended front wheel arches which suggest the model may have a slightly wider track.

The rest of the styling largely carries over, but the LC F has lightweight wheels that are backed up by a high-performance braking system. We can also see a stacked four tailpipe exhaust system which echoes other F models such as the RC F and GS F.

Lexus has been tight-lipped about the highly-anticipated model, but it appears the company is already gearing up for the car’s marketing campaign. As you can see in several photos, the LC F was being lead by a camera crew in a Mercedes C-Class Convertible and we’ll presumably see the footage in a video documenting the car’s development.

Of course, the biggest question is what’s under the hood. There have been countless rumors on the subject and they have included everything from a naturally-aspirated 5.0-liter V8 to a supercharged version of the engine. Other rumors have indicated a twin-turbo 4.0-liter V8 with 600 hp (447 kW / 608 PS) and 470 lb-ft (636 Nm) of torque. These should be taken with a grain of salt, as should rumors suggesting the car will use a hybrid powertrain.

While it’s too early to know what will power the LC F, the LC 500 has a 5.0-liter V8 with 471 hp (351 kW / 477 PS) and 398 lb-ft (540 Nm) of torque. This enables the car to run from 0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) in 4.4 seconds and hit an electronically limited top speed of 168 mph (270 km/h).

To appease hybrid fans, Lexus also offers an LC 500h with a 3.5-liter V6 and two electric motors. The model has a combined maximum output of 354 hp (264 kW / 359 PS) and this allows for a 0-60 mph (0-96 km/h) time of 4.7 seconds. That’s not much slower than the LC 500, but the hybrid is limited to 155 mph (250 km/h).

https://www.carscoops.com/2018/07/l...pening-first-photos-new-performance-flagship/

e4ab0805-lexus-lc-f-spy-1.jpg

db3953a6-lexus-lc-f-spy-9.jpg

e96a9816-lexus-lc-f-spy-10.jpg

fe15445a-lexus-lc-f-spy-11.jpg

38b68668-lexus-lc-f-spy-12.jpg

14a5c30f-lexus-lc-f-spy-13.jpg

cf973be9-lexus-lc-f-spy-6.jpg

7e31492b-lexus-lc-f-spy-14.jpg

07a5ce94-lexus-lc-f-spy-7.jpg

e0141736-lexus-lc-f-spy-8.jpg

99ba45d7-lexus-lc-f-spy-15.jpg

8dab899d-lexus-lc-f-spy-16.jpg

b49f0961-lexus-lc-f-spy-17.jpg

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
And finally another set of prototypes have been caught! Lexus is being so secretive, to the point they have made sure across many market, dealer owners are not talking about it to staff. I have heard more about a new GX (1 year), but not this on that end.

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
The (extremely) whiny un-enthusiasts won't know what to say but their mouths will still-be-a-movin.

Does anybody else feel suspicious about this "wild caught prototype"? Was it really any accident? Purposefully showing the huge intake, exposed radiators, exposed quad exhaust. Maybe Lexus wanted to confirm what we were all already expecting.

From Jan 2018:

Lexus has debuted a new LC-based racecar that it will compete with in this year’s ADAC 24H of Nurburgring.

The LC-based racecar has been converted for racing use by Toyota factory mechanics and engineers. The automaker says the racecar will help it refine innovations that will be utilized on its vehicles going forward, such as lightweight materials and aerodynamics, and help it to make advancements on engine durability, fuel economy and suspension setups.​

https://www.autoguide.com/auto-news/2018/01/lexus-turned-lc-500-racecar-taking-nurburgring.html

Last edited:
Reactions
Agghhh!!! I was going to make a post about this!!!

Anyways, I am quite proud of Lexus, they have been finally answering our calls to continuously update their cars. The RC is getting a refresh, there will obviously be this, and there is a range-topping RC F GT that should be crazier than the original RC F. I guess this is the answer to the Black Series for Mercedes or GTS for BMW.

Also...... please shred some weight too :D

Last edited:

Airplane

Fan
Reactions
I doubt it will come out anytime soon but I'm not complaining.

This is clearly a very early stage in its development. The front fenders are a different shade of black from the rest of the panels, the front fenders are wider but also have very rough cutouts. I think they are only testing the front part of the car as the rear fenders are basically untouched aside from the exhausts.

The back seat area seems flat without the small rear head reasts on the standard LCs and hopefully they will ditch the rear seats for the LCF.

Also the Supra was behind the LC and I have a feeling they are focusing on testing new mechanics in the car rather than cosmetics.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Even as a mule it's beautiful lol

Notice the brakes are dimpled and not slotted. Possible Carbon Ceramics :)

The back seat area seems flat without the small rear head reasts on the standard LCs and hopefully they will ditch the rear seats for the LCF.

Also the Supra was behind the LC and I have a feeling they are focusing on testing new mechanics in the car rather than cosmetics.

I'm sure the backseats are out because to get to the rear suspension: if you want to adjust anything you have to take out the back seat. I've seen it done.

The Supra along it is a great sign since TADA San is building a pure driving car.

Airplane

Fan
Reactions
Even as a mule it's beautiful lol

Notice the brakes are dimpled and not slotted. Possible Carbon Ceramics :)

I'm sure the backseats are out because to get to the rear suspension: if you want to adjust anything you have to take out the back seat. I've seen it done.

The Supra along it is a great sign since TADA San is building a pure driving car.

It looks like they did not focus on the rear as much because the front fenders were obviously added on because they have a different shade of black and the rear fenders are pretty much identical to the standard LC. It’s weird how the front fenders are wider but the rear are not.

Hopefully they will keep it this way and just ditch the rear seats completely since those are useless, especially on the LCF.

Either way, do you know how much weight does the rear seats reduce? Is it a easy process?

Last edited:

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Does anybody else feel suspicious about this "wild caught prototype"? Was it really any accident? Purposefully showing the huge intake, exposed radiators, exposed quad exhaust. Maybe Lexus wanted to confirm what we were all already expecting.

Yeah, this isn't a "caught prototype" in any meaningful sense of that word, this is a statement.

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
I am more interested in the new IS interesting rumour that maintains it will be the size of the current GS which makes the future of the GS more doubtful. However the GS is based on the Toyota Crown which has recently been updated, so all a bit confusing. The market has changed I guess it is no longer that they need to compete with the C class or the three series it's all about the SUV market these days and there Lexus are well represented and still the Limitless to come in to play.