TheNerdyPotato

Follower
Reactions
This looks awesome but, sadly, I won't be able to afford one. How much do y'all think this will cost? $120k US? Not something that a humble aircraft mechanic can splurge on.

Reactions: RAL

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
I am more interested in the new IS interesting rumour that maintains it will be the size of the current GS which makes the future of the GS more doubtful. However the GS is based on the Toyota Crown which has recently been updated, so all a bit confusing. The market has changed I guess it is no longer that they need to compete with the C class or the three series it's all about the SUV market these days and there Lexus are well represented and still the Limitless to come in to play.

Take a closer look at the numbers posted in the table of that thread and it clearly shows the rumored next IS is still closer to the current IS in overall size and dimension, than it is to the GS. The only thing that is a dramatic departure is the wheelbase. So no, I don't think its a reasonable conclusion to draw that the IS will be the size of the current GS.

37728702_10155796363962060_6464644856789598208_n.jpg

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2018/07/23/next-generation-lexus-is-sedan-to-grow-in-size/

carguy420

Admirer
Reactions
Take a closer look at the numbers posted in the table of that thread and it clearly shows the rumored next IS is still closer to the current IS in overall size and dimension, than it is to the GS. The only thing that is a dramatic departure is the wheelbase. So no, I don't think its a reasonable conclusion to draw that the IS will be the size of the current GS.

37728702_10155796363962060_6464644856789598208_n.jpg

https://lexusenthusiast.com/2018/07/23/next-generation-lexus-is-sedan-to-grow-in-size/

If the figures are true, then the next generation IS will have pretty short overhangs. I bet the side profile is going to be pretty sweet.

mikeavelli

Reactions
It looks like they did not focus on the rear as much because the front fenders were obviously added on because they have a different shade of black and the rear fenders are pretty much identical to the standard LC. It’s weird how the front fenders are wider but the rear are not.

Hopefully they will keep it this way and just ditch the rear seats completely since those are useless, especially on the LCF.

Either way, do you know how much weight does the rear seats reduce? Is it a easy process?

Its a test mule so the car is usually in pieces to make it easier to make adjustments. Not sure how much they weight but not much, just about 4 bolts to keep the in, just a PITA to get out b/c its small. To get to the rear suspension you have to take apart the rear seats.

I would hope they keep the rear seats and maybe if a GT3 version ever came they ditch the rear seats. It still will be a heavy car.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
For a long time I thought that the LC-F was first spotted back in February, however I am realizing that was possibly a mule for a convertible. These likely being the first shots of LC-F and if you compare it to when the first test mule spy shots were seen for the RC-F in July 2012 (released November 2014) and January 2013 for the GS-F (November 2015), it will be a long wait. This is a 2021 MY at earliest, barring any possible delays. However you might see it next October in Tokyo.

Reactions
For a long time I thought that the LC-F was first spotted back in February, however I am realizing that was possibly a mule for a convertible. These likely being the first shots of LC-F and if you compare it to when the first test mule spy shots were seen for the RC-F in July 2012 (released November 2014) and January 2013 for the GS-F (November 2015), it will be a long wait. This is a 2021 MY at earliest, barring any possible delays. However you might see it next October in Tokyo.

Well we could possibly see it earlier than that.

I have a little hunch but in order to confirm that, let's pose a question, and that is how far along did the RC F look to production spec when you saw the first spy shots? We can compare that to the LC F and how it looks close to production specifications. To me, it looks like most of the front end components, brakes, and suspension could be ready in the LC F, now we're just waiting for the rest of the car to come together.

I do remember a report saying the LC F will be coming earlier than the convertible. Something in like 1-2 years (2019 or 2020 at the latest) and the the convertible being further down the road with maybe (I may possibly be grasping at straws here) a LC F convertible.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
Well we could possibly see it earlier than that.

I have a little hunch but in order to confirm that, let's pose a question, and that is how far along did the RC F look to production spec when you saw the first spy shots? We can compare that to the LC F and how it looks close to production specifications. To me, it looks like most of the front end components, brakes, and suspension could be ready in the LC F, now we're just waiting for the rest of the car to come together.

I do remember a report saying the LC F will be coming earlier than the convertible. Something in like 1-2 years (2019 or 2020 at the latest) and the the convertible being further down the road with maybe (I may possibly be grasping at straws here) a LC F convertible.

Haha, good question about the RC-F! It was so NOT far along, that it was the IS-C was being tested in F gear and publications obtusely surmised that an XE20 IS-CF was being developed, not even recalling that an XE30 sedan redesign was already in testing for MY 2014. They didn't figure it out as a new model, like most of us quickly did.

The July 2012 testing of RC-F mule at Nurburgring, coincided with internal design freeze of both the RC and NX programs, ahead of launch in November 2014. By the end of 2011, Lexus was pretty much done styling the RC, so final RCF styling was done a few moths after that, in spring 2012. It usually takes half a year to go from final styling to running physical prototype built to spec or more in some cases.

I think a better comparison is the GS-F, from 2013 to 2015. The RC was a new model, launched parallel to the non-F cars. The RC went into planning in 2010.

Reactions
Haha, good question about the RC-F! It was so NOT far along, that it was the IS-C was being tested in F gear and publications obtusely surmised that an XE20 IS-CF was being developed, not even recalling that an XE30 sedan redesign was already in testing for MY 2014. They didn't figure it out as a new model, like most of us quickly did.

The July 2012 testing of RC-F mule at Nurburgring, coincided with internal design freeze of both the RC and NX programs, ahead of launch in November 2014. By the end of 2011, Lexus was pretty much done styling the RC, so final RCF styling was done a few moths after that, in spring 2012. It usually takes half a year to go from final styling to running physical prototype built to spec or more in some cases.

I think a better comparison is the GS-F, from 2013 to 2015. The RC was a new model, launched parallel to the non-F cars. The RC went into planning in 2010.

Then looking at how similar they are in terms of developing cars for their RWD based models (F cars in specific) then I think it is safe to say we're going to have a debut of the LC F sometime in late 2019 (as they mentioned a while ago that the LC F is being seriously considered [or in my own words, already being developed] then the staggered development of the car as we see in spy shots and internal knowledge) as a MY2020 car with the convertible possibly coming as a MY2022? Now, will they be making a convertible LC F too? A greater question than this is, will they be making a convertible for the RC in the future, also possibly making the F model to that too? If that ever happens, I highly doubt that would be in the first generation.

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I think that they need it by the 2020 olympics. Lexus IS pretty much hosting with a bunch of cars...all this new technology is great but in the eyes of the big 3 German Lexus is behind in performance. So show the world at a huge stage what Lexus is now!

Airplane

Fan
Reactions
These journals always do the same, when rumours get recycled by everyone, they’ll come out with anything that could be possible, of course it will be either RWD or AWD, turbo/supercharger/hybrid. Honestly none of these have any credibility at all.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
I don’t think it will be anywhere near $150k. My bet is $120k-$130k MSRP.

I think it will be priced competively to the AMG GTR coupe and new four-door AMG GT coupe and we already know the MSRP of that car.

It doesn’t matter, though, the whole point being is that $200k for an LCF would be dumb, which wouldn’t surprise me considering the MSRP of the LC now...

Fact of the matter, I would bet the LCF and 600 HP engine will not not even make it to production. Toyota/Lexus doesn’t know how to build performance engines anymore and I stand by that. I haven’t been proven wrong yet.

I don't think i've ever seen anybody so confidently present baseless conjecture as fact as you have been in this thread. The idea that TMC doesn't know how to build performance engines is laughable and demonstrably false. I would be curious as to how much time you've spent behind the wheel of the types of cars you're discussing. Add to that the fact that you compared a bunch of 4 door sports sedans which target a different audience and compared them to the LC, and I'm feeling quite comfortable in my assertions above.

By your logic, the nearly $200k, ~4 second 0-60 V8 version of the Aston Martin DB11 is something nobody would buy.

Unfortunately for your argument (which is consistent with most window shoppers and spec sheet racers who aren't in the market for these cars), people shopping for this segment of cars actually spend hands on time with these cars and purchase based on what matters to them including design, build quality, service quality, and things like actual driving dynamics.

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
All: The current LC500 has 471 HP the 467 is in the GS-F and RC-F. The LC-F will probably have a 4.0-4.4 liter TTV8 will close to 630 HP from what I read and whole bunch of torque. At that Point its going to be real hard to beat.

R,

Markus