The Foodie Thread

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Post some of your holiday meals!

Not a meal per se, but one of my favorite coffees....along with the Starbucks French Roast. Always liked the Christmas Blend, which you can only get this time of year. I buy and brew it myself (often with the $50 or $75 Mastercards that Ford and Lincoln give out at the auto shows for test-drives LOL). Great with a good creamer and natural honey as a sweetener rather than the unhealthy white processed table-sugar.

starbucks-christmas-blend.png

Last edited:

Och

Admirer
Reactions
Got myself a Sous Vide circulator. I'm freaking mind blown. For those of you who don't know what it is, google it and buy one immediately.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
I don't eat there myself, but, for those of you who do (or did), I'd avoid Chipolte's right now, at least temporarily. There have been a number of cases, nationwide, of people getting sick or food-poisoning after eating there (fortunately, to my knowledge, no deaths). In fact, the entire chain is soon going to stand down for one day, while they implement new food standards and re-train employees. I don't know all the details, but the current thinking along this line seems to be that because Chipolte's doesn't use meat or vegetables that are full of antibiotics or growth-hormones (preferring naturally-raised or grown instead), that makes some of the food more prone to infections.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Back in January in our stop in Nagoya we went to a very private Japanese Steakhouse for Kobe....Here is a timelapse of the chef at work!