The Foodie Thread

mikeavelli

Reactions
So like many of you I am a self proclaimed foodie lol... In this thread it would be cool for us to discuss and post pics of our favorite places to eat in our hometowns and when traveling.....post links too if possible..

I'll start with a Vossen favorite here in Miami, The River Oyster Bar..

http://www.therivermiami.com

They will be moving soon due to the giant Brickell City Centre being built where they are located. It is cozy, warm with delightful staff.

We had another meeting there Monday and I had my favorite, their Asian Snapper. I went with the Hog Snapper this time for a meatier fish. It is just an amazing dish with just the right hint of Asian flavors to go with fresh wild Snapper. You can also see in the pic the Salmon filet (also good), some oysters and other dishes. I love the fried oysters there as well and I'm not the most adventurous eater but the fried octopus is fantastic.

Attachments

• IMG_8111.jpeg
    IMG_8111.jpeg
    531.6 KB · Views: 10

Dailow

Founding Member
Reactions
Speaking of Miami, I had a great time at Joe's Stone Crab.
Not sure if it's a total tourist trap or not, but we don't really have anything that's as big (and still run extremely efficiently) in Vancouver.

moky

Founding Member
Reactions
just recently got to try this while I was in Toronto last week for a shoot
PATOIS Toronto http://www.patoistoronto.com/
just a little bit by downtown TO
Jamaican Chinese fusion at its best. Be sure to make reservations otherwise you won't get a seat!
Jamaican Jerk lobster, Jamaican double down patty, brocolli buds and OG fried chicken are among the faves over there

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Speaking of Toronto, my wife and I stayed at the Thompson hotel in December and ate at their 24 hour diner for breakfast. I had their Brunch Burger -- a hamburger, bacon, cheese, and an egg on a powdered donut, served with french fries.

Ridiculous, sure, but it was amazing:

IMG_1682.jpg

moky

Founding Member
Reactions
Misread what you typed and saw "stayed at the Thompson Hotel in December and ate their 24 hour breakfast" L O L

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Misread what you typed and saw "stayed at the Thompson Hotel in December and ate their 24 hour breakfast" L O L

I could probably eat their brunch burger 24 hours in a row. I would die, but I'd die happy.

mikeavelli

Reactions
just recently got to try this while I was in Toronto last week for a shoot
PATOIS Toronto http://www.patoistoronto.com/
just a little bit by downtown TO
Jamaican Chinese fusion at its best. Be sure to make reservations otherwise you won't get a seat!
Jamaican Jerk lobster, Jamaican double down patty, brocolli buds and OG fried chicken are among the faves over there

That sounds amazing...my heritage is from the Caribbean so that is right up my alley lol

I could probably eat their brunch burger 24 hours in a row. I would die, but I'd die happy.

lol!!!!

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
You know what i'm all about in Texas:

Rudy's BBQ:
10357466_10152329318698731_4065306811369118279_n.jpg

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Next time you're in Big D, check out Pecan Lodge, Kenny's Smokehouse, or Lockhart Smokehouse.

I travelled to Austin for the IS press event, and not getting a chance to try any BBQ is one of my big regrets from that trip.

With the Toyota move, I'm sure I'll get my chance though.

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
Next time you're in Big D, check out Pecan Lodge, Kenny's Smokehouse, or Lockhart Smokehouse.

Okay done. Let's do it. All three. And then lets get Kevin to fly out to Austin and we can go to Salt Lick, and the original Lockhart BBQ joints.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Okay done. Let's do it. All three. And then lets get Kevin to fly out to Austin and we can go to Salt Lick, and the original Lockhart BBQ joints.

First annual Lexus Enthusiast Meet in Texas, let's do it!

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
This thread deliciously delivers. Speaking of which, I'm pretty hungry, but have to figure out what to eat.