That other Lexus site

LexsCTJill

Follower
Reactions
Been a member over at Club Lexus...I have to say, that Car Chat forum is messed. I have never seen so much animosity towards Lexus. Every post is anti-Lexus. And even worse, some of the mods fuel it.....it is so bizarre. I just don't understand why people can't have a normal conversation in the "positive" about Lexus or the parent brand Toyota.

I won't name names, but there are few there that I have to say are like "Ultimate Trolls" I actually began putting members on my ignore list, it is now at over 25 members at that site.

Glad I found this place, just to have a conversation about Lexus...

Last edited:

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Any idea how I can get back my CL account? I forgot my password, but the registered email account does not exist anymore. I wrote an email, but got no response.

Reactions
Any idea how I can get back my CL account? I forgot my password, but the registered email account does not exist anymore. I wrote an email, but got no response.
Just got to re-register, not worth your time waiting on them to find your account.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
It seems that the original poster, LexsCTJill, has given up on LE and gone back to CL.

What makes you say that? Lack of activity or is he over there making comments about LE?

I don't use CL for the simple reason that it is butt ugly. Like seriously, that forum design was out in the early 10s - web design has moved on.

It genuinely hards my head to look at something so ugly.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
What makes you say that? Lack of activity or is he over there making comments about LE?

I don't use CL for the simple reason that it is butt ugly. Like seriously, that forum design was out in the early 10s - web design has moved on.

It genuinely hards my head to look at something so ugly.
I wander over there occasionally and see that she (Jill) is active there.

GoHuskers

Fan
Reactions
CL is fine, just like LE. If you're trash talking then sooner or later you'll get booted.

CL is more about owners' experience or vehicles moddings instead of Lexus news.

flipside909

Premium Member
Reactions
CL is fine, just like LE. If you're trash talking then sooner or later you'll get booted.

CL is more about owners' experience or vehicles moddings instead of Lexus news.
CL used to be more than that. But sadly they haven’t purged the current admin and mod team for quite some time. @mikeavelli and I have been there since it started over 21 years ago.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I left CL when it became abundantly clear that the mod/admin team was more interested in bashing Lexus than doing anything to support the people who were there to talk about the brand. DaveGS4 checked out at some point and then sold to Internet Brands who just runs it as a business riding the site's legacy SEO value for views/clicks.

I've certainly had my struggles with Lexus, but have tried not to snub people here - the spirit of open discussion and disagreement has been a lot more productive here than there. CL mods and admins started slamming anyone who said anything positive about Lexus.... on a Lexus forum. So it was time to go, and at that time, Kevin was just ramping up LXE.

Looking at the IS 500 reception on CL has been pretty sobering. Comparisons to the Chevrolet Impala SS, people saying Lexus "should have gone full F or gone home," the engine is old and underwhelming, minimal effort, disappointing, "negatives outweigh the positives," etc... it's pretty hard to believe for what is said to be a Lexus enthusiast community. Plus, @flipside909 posted the first teaser and then a mod threatened to take it down because it "had no source".............. when they were given the advance teaser directly by Lexus. 😂 💀 . Hard to even make those things up.

supra93

Expert
Reactions
I was banned from CL. The owner (Dave?) of the forum accused me of posting links to Motor1, Autoblog, Carscoops etc. in order to get paid. They also didn't like the fact I was posting articles from LE. He also accused me of colluding with Mike in order to steal their members.

1. I wasn't getting paid by anyone. I just like talking about cars.
2. His mod Hoovey2411 was doing the same, and when I called them out on it they banned me.
3. At the time I wasn't even a member of LE and I didn't even know who this "Mike" was.

On a side note, don't you guys think it's kind of funny that even their own mods post links from here when it comes to Lexus news? 😂

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
I was banned from CL. The owner (Dave?) of the forum accused me of posting links to Motor1, Autoblog, Carscoops etc. in order to get paid. They also didn't like the fact I was posting articles from LE. He also accused me of colluding with Mike in order to steal their members.

1. I wasn't getting paid by anyone. I just like talking about cars.
2. His mod Hoovey2411 was doing the same, and when I called them out on it they banned me.
3. At the time I wasn't even a member of LE and I didn't even know who this "Mike" was.

On a side note, don't you guys think it's kind of funny that even their own mods post links from here when it comes to Lexus news? 😂

c0lLuDiNg w!Th m1kE 2 StEaL mEmBers

Wow I’m in their brains all these years later lmfao. I’m in tears.... Why would I go to an anti-Lexus site lol

I am disappointed you didn’t know who I was. Motion to ban hahahhahaha

supra93

Expert
Reactions
c0lLuDiNg w!Th m1kE 2 StEaL mEmBers

Wow I’m in their brains all these years later lmfao. I’m in tears.... Why would I go to an anti-Lexus site lol

I am disappointed you didn’t know who I was. Motion to ban hahahhahaha

Yup, he also said LE was just recycling news, info, pics etc. that was originally posted on CL. That you guys have people that spied on CL and report back everything here (and that I may or not may be one of those people). Lastly something about Lexfather being banned after joining Vossen?

At the time I was like ok... Idk what that has to do with the car chat section. I just like talking about cars. We kept going back and forth and they just banned me. :(

Honestly, I didn't even know this place was a forum. I just thought it was a news site. That's ok, I'll just make another account 😝