Reactions
krew
17-09-12-lexus-rc-f-update.jpg

The RC F is getting an update.
View the original article post

James

Founding Member
Reactions
I like seeing them improve the F brand! Bring the ISF back and LCF and we are looking good!

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
My guess...
FRONT: clean up the front to have a cleaner look like the LC.
SIDE: probably hiding a rear air vent or more light weight material.
BACK: probably save weight by getting rid of active spoiler and replacing with a permanent carbon fiber one

engine probably re-tuned to give output close to LC power (If they can tune it to have the same Hp and torque that would be awesome)

I love those wheels on it too hopefully it makes it to production and hopefully it's forged.

Last edited:

Hamed Al Ketbi

Founding Member
Reactions
This exciting ...
I think the updates would be mostly with the engine that would be closer to the LC500

Yuan

Fan
Reactions
I thought the RCF was discontinued? Will Lexus really kill the mid range coupe?

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
I see a new front lower lip spoiler, some added creases on the lower side valence and rear bumper, and the (likely) fixed rear spoiler which if like the GSF is "meh" to be honest. For me, part of the appeal of getting my F was the exotic-like retractable CF rear spoiler despite the few extra pounds it adds. :)

That aside, I would bet that for the RCF to be spotted on the Nurburgring, there has to be significant changes lined up mechanically for the RC F, hopefully the next gen F engine/transmission powertrain. If only someone did and posted a video clip on clues to hearing what's under the hood.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions

RC F has not been discontinued, I haven't even seen that as a rumor. It's too important strategically for the brand, never mind all the resources spent building it into a viable GT3 race car.

:)

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
That aside, I would bet that for the RCF to be spotted on the Nurburgring, there has to be significant changes lined up mechanically for the RC F, hopefully the next gen F engine/transmission powertrain. If only someone did and posted a video clip on clues to hearing what's under the hood.

Really, really unlikely. The RC is a lost cause and Lexus will not invest a lot of effort into it. The priority for the F-department right now is their halo car, the LC-F. RC is there just for TMC's motorsport program, I'm afraid.

EI19

Founding Member
Reactions
I think just the minor esthetic change doesn't justify going to the ring. How about if they are testing the LC-F engine under this hood? Remember how they test RCF engine previously on ISF CCS-R. And going out with LCF body will get way too much attention.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Really, really unlikely. The RC is a lost cause and Lexus will not invest a lot of effort into it. The priority for the F-department right now is their halo car, the LC-F. RC is there just for TMC's motorsport program, I'm afraid.
I don't think it's a lost cause. I am not expecting a serious weight loss to it but I wont be surprise if whatever they do to it makes it better than the stock M4. the updated ISF is a good indication. Also this refresh could get some of LC500 performance feature (like power, exhaust note, suspension etc...). And since they getting the idea from the LC I don't think they would be investing a lot. the only thing I want them to keep is the 8 speed transmission but the improved version(the RCF don't need a 10 speed)

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions

Lexus needs to expand the RC line to include a convertible and four door coupe as well.

RC 200t/300h/300 awd/350/F coupe
RC 200t/300h/300 awd/350/F convertible
RC 200t/300h/300 awd/350/F four door coupe

BMW has:

430/440/M4 coupe
430/440/M4 convertible
430/440 four door coupe

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Logic move to get the most updated 5.0L engine and may even the 10 speed automatic transmission so they take the new combo from the LC to put it in the RCF and spreads the R&D costs
I believe we may see it soon also in the LS as LS560 or LS550

mediumhot

Follower
Reactions
Wasn't there a talk while back how they couldn't fit rear wheel steering? Maybe they've figured it out somehow ;)