Spy Shots: Camouflaged Lexus RC F Spotted at Nürburgring

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
I don't see what there is to update on the 5.0 V8, as both RC F and LC 500 have the same output already with 477 hp... at least in Europe.

Joe

Premium Member
Reactions
There are some special upgrades coming :)

I know... but it seems that you have more inside info than I have, as the updates that I've heard of don't seem important enough to me to take it to the ring for a big test... ;)

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
I know... but it seems that you have more inside info than I have, as the updates that I've heard of don't seem important enough to me to take it to the ring for a big test... ;)

Agree. An incremental amount of hp and torque to me would be disappointing and would not make sense to me to test this at the ring.

Reactions
Just like the IS F, it will probably get significant suspension changes that might slow it down.
That might explain why it's on the Nurburgring.

Reactions
looks like the headlight looks different. The DLR is different too. Theres a sharp piece near the tip of the inside of the headlights.

EDIT: The RCF definitely got new rear wheel exhaust vents, even if they're non-functional.

Last edited:

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
looks like the headlight looks different. The DLR is different too. Theres a sharp piece near the tip of the inside of the headlights.

EDIT: The RCF definitely got new rear wheel exhaust vents, even if they're non-functional.

I taught as much. hopefully they can do something nice with the torque and put it above 400.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Just like the IS F, it will probably get significant suspension changes that might slow it down.
That might explain why it's on the Nurburgring.

not sure about slowing it down, but I am sure it will have retuned suspension which is what they are testing, and camo is there to hide facelift changes.