Sports BEVs

ydooby

Follower
Reactions
At the moment any BEV with any "performance" at all easily weighs over 2 tons. The Rimac Nevera for example may be able to do 0-60 in 1.74s but it also weighs 2.3 tons. The moment you throw a performance BEV into a corner you realize that it's no sports car. There is no way with the battery technologies in their current state to build a "sports" BEV that feels remotely like a sports car, period.

Reactions: Och

Flagship1

Fan
Reactions
Trick traction software with instant torque can mask some of that.
The bigger issue has been how many laps or hot lap can you go before needing an extended recharge?

Och

Admirer
Reactions
Not sure if this has been posted, I've seen a few Russian review of the Zeekr FR, and it goes head to head with the Tesla Plaid, while clearly having much better materials and build quality, and more affordable price. I am not a fan of EVs to put it lightly, but the Chinese are serious about their EVs, while everyone else asides from Telsa is putting out either half hearted efforts, or downright garbage. Can't wait for the Chinese EVs to flood the US market.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I have more and more respect for companies who produced great engines and continue to do so. Sorry but anyone can build a battery it’s all the same **** and yeah 1000hp is not even tough. Not impressive to me after the first time since it’s all the same thing basically.

But i’m all for sporty cars and evolution. Just not for me right now.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
I have more and more respect for companies who produced great engines and continue to do so. Sorry but anyone can build a battery it’s all the same **** and yeah 1000hp is not even tough. Not impressive to me after the first time since it’s all the same thing basically.

but they are not the same thing,
Everyone can make a great PR, does not mean that the car will drive well.

Maybe gimmicks like Ioniq 5N has are the part answer.

Och

Admirer
Reactions

There is no more evolution for ICE, read up on Euro 7 requirements, they are even regulating tire wear and brake dust, lol. Thank god I'm getting old, because the future is stupid.

Reactions
There is no more evolution for ICE, read up on Euro 7 requirements, they are even regulating tire wear and brake dust, lol. Thank god I'm getting old, because the future is stupid.

Last time I heard the European Union is heavily relaxing on the Euro 7 regulations. Even they realize what they're doing is unrealistic.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
People in Russia are saying that the new BMWs with 48v systems have the 48v batteries fail if you leave them parked in the cold for more than a week. The battery is being drained even when the car is parked, and once depleted in the cold its done for.