Seventh generation Mercedes Benz S-Class

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
That's smart. Make the regular S-Class relatively traditional for the older buyers and go wild on the AMG. The exterior's a little blobby in spots, but that's nitpicking.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Weight?

If the new C AMG is any indication, well….

Another mistake Lexus made, being afraid of making heavy cars when competitors do it without shame. Bought media is to blame too….

mikeavelli

Reactions
Weight?

If the new C AMG is any indication, well….

Another mistake Lexus made, being afraid of making heavy cars when competitors do it without shame. Bought media is to blame too….
I want to say the aluminum A8 is like 5k lbs lol

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Weight?

If the new C AMG is any indication, well…

I'm reading "1,157lbs (525kg) increase in curb weight to 5'556lbs"

However I believe that's comparing the SWB. The LWB in the US weight 4,564 lbs in the US, so it's still heavier by a thousand pounds. This weight increase can explain why the performance numbers aren't that much better despite being so much more powerful and torquey.

For reference the S8 weighs 5,302.. which WTF Audi? How'd the S8 get so heavy.

Och

Admirer
Reactions
How is everything getting so heavy, this is absolutely insane.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Because now they become tax write offs for business which helps sales.
Expect that weight limit to change when everything starts to suddenly qualify. The G wagen may need to somehow become heavy even by EV standards to qualify in the future.

Also, boy there's been a lot of benz recalls lately, or is it just me?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Expect that weight limit to change when everything starts to suddenly qualify. The G wagen may need to somehow become heavy even by EV standards to qualify in the future.

Also, boy there's been a lot of benz recalls lately, or is it just me?

Yeah mahn interesting how this works. I remember one year i think the gx 460 missed the weight mark by like 6 lbs and it caused an uproar with some.