Reviews & News: The Lexus LC 500

Levi

Expert
Reactions
And if the LC is too heavy, the owner has other cars, some of the best too on the opposite spectrum: Mazda MX-5 ND, Alpine A110, Caterham 7:

Best of all worlds...

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
6 years on the market and no facelift... I understand cancelling the LC F but why cancel the facelift?

sl0519

Follower
Reactions
6 years on the market and no facelift... I understand cancelling the LC F but why cancel the facelift?

I just wish they could've changed the cameras or safety systems.......they are pretty outdated by today's standards.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
With two years left on the market, I don't see any meaningful changes happening tbh. I bet the facelift would've brought the touchscreen too. Oh well :/ excited for the GR GT3-based successor, but sad the LC is so neglected, love what it stands for, for the Lexus brand as a contemporary, stylish, personal coupe.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
Using the SC as a point of reference Lexus might not touch LC. Even for a redesign it might go the route of IS. update the electronics get rid of the MS-Hybrid system and replace it with the RX500 FSP system or, keep both system and just debut the LC 500 FSP. Still waiting on what car will lunch the next xx-F.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
The car is just as fresh. Other than two turbos and eventually AWD, I don't see what more could be added to the car. Losing weight is not possible.

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
The car is just as fresh. Other than two turbos and eventually AWD, I don't see what more could be added to the car. Losing weight is not possible.
That mindset is what brings us to a rebodied 3IS being sold as a brand new IS in 2022. LC could use an updated styling front and back to at least keep the styling fresh, new interior with the touchscreen, etc.

Still not sure why Lexus abandoned the 600hL hybrid system, could've been great with the upgraded 2UR on the LC and LS as well. Even just the standard 2UR-FSE combo in the LS600hL and current Century would've been good.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
That mindset is what brings us to a rebodied 3IS being sold as a brand new IS in 2022. LC could use an updated styling front and back to at least keep the styling fresh, new interior with the touchscreen, etc.

Still not sure why Lexus abandoned the 600hL hybrid system, could've been great with the upgraded 2UR on the LC and LS as well. Even just the standard 2UR-FSE combo in the LS600hL and current Century would've been good.
True what you say.

sl0519

Follower
Reactions

Oh my......I almost forgot there was a hybrid 2UR existed......Why didn't they just use that engine and combine with the latest hybrid tech? Imagine near 600ps of power and better fuel efficiency than the LS500, coupled with high revving engine note and modernized gearbox......omfg

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Oh my......I almost forgot there was a hybrid 2UR existed......Why didn't they just use that engine and combine with the latest hybrid tech? Imagine near 600ps of power and better fuel efficiency than the LS500, coupled with high revving engine note and modernized gearbox......omfg
Still heavy.

The RC 300h is not enough for the RC, a 450h/500h would be fair, as is the GS got. The LC and LS really are a step back, as 500h, compared to 600h. I don't understand how the LS could downgrade its engine line twice, no V8, hybrid lesser than pure ICEV.

Also, now I realize that hybrid in combination with AWD in RWD platform in only available for LS, not GS and IS. That fact can also be a reason for lower sales than potentially possible, especially in Europe where they like AWD and where TMC sells a lot of hybrids, AWD hybrid CUVs.

Last edited: