Reviews & News: The Lexus LC 500

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Oh automotive journalism, where would you be without gross, lazy, sweeping statements.

Reactions
1722290752666.png
The absolute highlight of the night was the announcement of the Lexus LC500 convertible. This is a model I’ve wanted in the Matchbox lineup for years, and I’m glad to see that Matchbox’s rapidly expanding lineup of Lexus models had room for the coolest car Lexus makes. It looks like I won’t have to wait too long to get my hands on this model, as it appears production-ready with paint and printed detailing already applied. I think the color choice for this debut version is perfect, featuring a rich-looking shade of red paint with a caramel brown interior befitting of a Lexus. Unlike the GX from last year, the LC’s grille looks to have a mesh pattern in the casting, which should give it a bit more depth and realism, and the LC500’s complicated headlight design looks well replicated here. This is a perfect example of the kind of model Matchbox is best at: a simple replica of a cool car that punches far above its $1 price point.