Realtime Review with the Lexus RC F #rseaf

mikeavelli

Reactions
Currently at Lexus of North Miami about to pick up the beautiful #RseaF!

The goal here is to do a similar review as the NX review with a lot of real world feedback. It wouldn't do me any good to take her to the track like everyone else, rather I want to focus on what 90% of the population does with their cars. So a lot of feedback on comfort, ease of use/entry, trunk space, MPG and the daily rigors of everyday use.

It just happens to be a 467hp 5.0 V-8 high end sports luxury coupe!

image.jpeg

Last edited:

mikeavelli

Reactions
I've driven the RC F quite a few times on and off the track but this time I am really documenting everything. I am 6"5, 250 so ideally this car is a tad small. I have to adjust the seat to the bottom to give me some headroom as this model is sunroof equipped (note the Performance Pack/Carbon Fiber roof car offers more headroom, even comfy with a helmet on). I do wish the seats had the extended leg support as the GS/LS F-Sport. The seats are very comfy, snug a bit for my frame but it works well. LOOKING at the seats and feeling them, they are the best seats Lexus has done short of the LFA.

The steering wheel is solid, i would like an Alacantara option. The gauges are bold and big and easy to read and have a coolness factor that the competition lacks as those are more traditional.

Setting up the bluetooth was quite easy as most new Lexus models. I have multiple phones but use the iPhone 6 plus the most and I have to rest it on the shelf where the NAV screen is as its too big for the cupholders. Speaking of the NAV screen, it looks rather ridiculous being so small surrounded by so much empty black space. C'mon Lexus just give it a bigger screen!!!

As for the initial drive, well for one the sound is great, even with a stock exhaust. I grinned otw to work today and otw home. There is a very very playful feel to the RC F in turns and corners, obviously done on purpose, to give it a playful personality. Far less point and shoot than the GTS or GT4 I have driven. More to come soon, I plan to go on a road trip to Tampa this weekend!

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
Mike - Looking forward to your review (always the very best reviews and pleasantly concise based on plenty of actual driving time), since this is my favorite Lexus offering right now....

mikeavelli

Reactions
Mike - Looking forward to your review (always the very best reviews and pleasantly concise based on plenty of actual driving time), since this is my favorite Lexus offering right now....

Thanks. Took a friend who owns a new Lambo Huracan for a drive, he remarked how comfy it was and would make a great daily driver. I'm starting to notice the little details all over the car that make a Lexus, a Lexus. For example, never noticed the small "F" logo in the speedometer before.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Really awesome time today. Got there right at 4 hours or so. Even stopped for some Waffle House since we don't have them in Miami lol

image.jpeg

I met up some friends who work for Lexus of Tampa Bay and we got to the DuPont Registry meet at 6:15 and the lot was already half full!

image.jpeg

The #rseaf was a hit as the 2016 LX and white RC F Performance Pack Lexus of Tampa Bay brought. Then another RC F owner came and parked with us. His car was amazing!

image.jpeg

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Setting up the bluetooth was quite easy as most new Lexus models. I have multiple phones but use the iPhone 6 plus the most and I have to rest it on the shelf where the NAV screen is as its too big for the cupholders. Speaking of the NAV screen, it looks rather ridiculous being so small surrounded by so much empty black space. C'mon Lexus just give it a bigger screen!!!

A larger nav screen in the RC F would have been a smart move -- I know nothing about pricing out components, but offering a larger nav screen in all Lexus vehicles seems worth the few extra $$$.

mikeavelli

Reactions
One of the big pluses to the RC F is the backseat compared to it just being a two seater. Its perfect for our 17 month old so far and getting him in and out was actually easier than I expected. I couldn't believe I didn't rub my head. Obviously for adults its snug.

image.jpeg

Mini-Mike seems to really like the interior of the RC F

image.jpeg

mikeavelli

Reactions
It hasn't even been a week and the number of compliments the #rseaf gets its really uncanny. Getting gas if now full of conversations. Driving around people stare, wave and give the thumbs up. The number of woman who love this car/color really stands out to me, I don't recall another car I've driven getting so many compliments from women.

At our condo, I got home and one of the security guards stated he had seen the car at the Miami show and couldn't believe it was here so I ended up showing him the car for 30 minutes. Luckily my wife's GS F-Sport was there so I could highlight differences between the F-Sport and the full F.

Dropping Mini-Mike off to DayCare became another 30 minutes event lol. In the LS or GS I just go in and out and not one person ever mentioned the cars. Today it was question after question about the RC F, again the color really gets peoples attention.

mikeavelli

Reactions
A larger nav screen in the RC F would have been a smart move -- I know nothing about pricing out components, but offering a larger nav screen in all Lexus vehicles seems worth the few extra $$$.

Honestly it looks bad to me. Mind you we are used to our 12.3" screens in the LS/GS so pretty much anything not a Tesla or S-class seems small. As you have noticed as well, that huge black frame surrounding a less than advanced NAV screen is just a sore sport. Doesn't seem high end at all.

I assume for the MMC that real estate is finally used for a larger screen.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Today it was question after question about the RC F, again the color really gets peoples attention.

I recently drove an RC F from Lexus Canada, and at first they wanted to stick me with Molten Pearl -- so thankful they had a USB RC F instead, I don't think I could have handled the attention an orange car would bring.

:confused:

mikeavelli

Reactions
I recently drove an RC F from Lexus Canada, and at first they wanted to stick me with Molten Pearl -- so thankful they had a USB RC F instead, I don't think I could have handled the attention an orange car would bring.

:confused:

hahahhahaha, its a lot....skittles!!!!

sm2015-Lexus-RC-F-0191.jpg

mikeavelli

Reactions
So decided to give the RC F a really full night... grocery shopping with the family...with the wife in the backseat behind me..... we bought a sizable amount of groceries, enough to completely fill the trunk which was empty.

Things did get tight inside but we were fine for the short drive home (like across the street short lol). If I wasn't fake basketball height it would likely work better for an average height person.

As you can see in a very short time, taking the RC F though its daily life paces.

image.jpeg

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Things did get tight inside but we were fine for the short drive home (like across the street short lol). If I wasn't fake basketball height it would likely work better for an average height person.

I'm six-foot with an average build, and I fit quite comfortably in the RC F. For your size, you should be driving in a Tundra!