Realtime Review with the Lexus RC F #rseaf

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
Yes, took I-75 the entire way and what a well paved road most of the trip. :)
Always makes me wonder why I-75 North once you turn past Naples going through Fort Myers can be SO nice and smooth with that slightly brown tone compared to all S Fla roads as bad as a winter in Chicago?
Is the technology THAT different or is it the materials?
The coral rock mixture on the east coast is terrible, the cracks and potholes swallow subcompacts like a sinkhole, they tear up and patch brand new roads almost as fast as they resurface them, they just can't seem to do it as well as that northern corridor of I-75.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Great thread, thanks for the updates and insight!

Bulldog 1

Follower
Reactions
P.S. J.M. Lexus already has RC 200T cars on the ground and for sale. Was there yesterday for two hours to get 6 month service on my IS 250 F Sport. Plenty of new IS 200T and new ES350 also in stock.
My VIP Sales Manager said they did over 90 deliveries on Black Friday. G.M. stores I used to work at were lucky to hit a 100 sales a month. Confirmed Redline is a stupid color for the IS. New steering wheel layout on the ES is way too busy compared to the 2015. Still haven't driven an RC or a 200T.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
My VIP Sales Manager said they did over 90 deliveries on Black Friday. G.M. stores I used to work at were lucky to hit a 100 sales a month. Confirmed Redline is a stupid color for the IS. New steering wheel layout on the ES is way too busy compared to the 2015. Still haven't driven an RC or a 200T.

Those are crazy numbers, but it is JM Lexus. :D

I'll be driving the RC 200t, IS 200t, and GS 200t for the first time next week -- looking forward to trying out the new engine, and will definitely write about the experience.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
image-jpeg.1024

Is that a baby wearing an apple helmet in the background?!?

mikeavelli

Reactions
I think this is one helluva car...its grown on me tremendously as of late...Lexus needs more flawed, soulful vehicles like this in their lineup!

Pros-Engaging, V-8 sound, comfort, handling, high RPM acceleration
No's-Weight (yes beating a very dead horse), low MPG (to be expected), the seats need more adjustments.

I should have a professional shoot done this weekend and I think Lexus is going to unfortunately take her away from me...they might see me inside the car when it arrives lol...

mikeavelli

Reactions
image.jpeg

The #rseaf was used as a feature vehicle at yesterday's Toyo x SuperStreet calendar release hosted at Vossen.
image.jpeg

I decided to take a few shots around with the iPhone

image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg

image.jpeg

It really is a soulful vehicle and an amazing addition to the Lexus lineup. Yesterday as I walked up to the RC F at a park an older gentleman was staring and started a conversation. He owned an Audi S3 in Mexico and stated he liked the RC F but never saw one. He made mention of the V-8 and how his car is quick but it takes time for the engine to spool up.

Later on two guys walked over as I was parking and stated "we saw you coming in and didn't know what the hell car that was". We started talking about the car and they loved the styling of the RC F. Of course the wrap color is something in itself!

Reactions
It really is a soulful vehicle and an amazing addition to the Lexus lineup. Yesterday as I walked up to the RC F at a park an older gentleman was staring and started a conversation. He owned an Audi S3 in Mexico and stated he liked the RC F but never saw one. He made mention of the V-8 and how his car is quick but it takes time for the engine to spool up.

Later on two guys walked over as I was parking and stated "we saw you coming in and didn't know what the hell car that was". We started talking about the car and they loved the styling of the RC F. Of course the wrap color is something in itself!
What no offers to buy the car straight out? :p

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Does anyone know when does the suspension improvement hit US shores? Lexus has announced small improvement in Japan, I think in November 2015. Probably making handling closer to GS-F that received only praise. Maybe this is in 2016 models, including 200t?

mikeavelli

Reactions
Does anyone know when does the suspension improvement hit US shores? Lexus has announced small improvement in Japan, I think in November 2015. Probably making handling closer to GS-F that received only praise. Maybe this is in 2016 models, including 200t?

We can ask as I am not sure.

Its quite amazing the compliments this car gets everywhere I go. People really love the color, Vossen wheels and overall styling of the car. Even in driving around on short trips the RC F is a really fun car and until the GS F came along, the most fun Lexus. It begins as soon as you press he start button :)

24225531563_7cdfb5a1a2_b.jpg

I snapped some pictures around Miami with the Sony A6000.....the car will now be featured at a Lexus Regional Meeting.....I'm not entirely sure if my time with the #RSEAF is over yet but I have enjoyed every single minute of it and think it is a car that should be on everyones shopping list.

24758914651_53f5dd5abf_b.jpg

Reactions: Joe

mikeavelli

Reactions
Well my time officially came to a close with the #RSEAF....she was purchased by JM Lexus who seemed to sell the car overnight to one of their employees who already owns a 600hp or so FRS! He has big plans for the his new RC F! I hope to keep us all updated.

Full review to come!