Officially Official: Lexus RX 350L and RX 450hL Debuts in LA

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Wow, they can't be serious. I didn't think it could be that bad. GX will keep selling strong I guess.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
The GX should do fine. Once the GX gets a refresh makeover maybe to look like a mini LX sales should increase slightly or hold steady. Maybe Lexus should make a two row GX (lowering the third row by removing seats thus increase space) similar to how there is a two row LX? Also expand the GX with more engine options:

GX 400 (currently sold in China, 1GR-FE)
GX 460
GX 570

Last edited:

supra93

Expert
Reactions
Lexus Drops Base Price For 2018 RX 450h By More Than $7,000

The Lexus RX 450h will become cheaper in the near future, with the base price starting at $46,690.
CarsDirect reports, after confirming the change with a Lexus spokesperson.

Some of the features that are gone and can be had as optional extras are the leather and heated/ventilated seats, Premium Package, which if ordered requires a moonroof that comes at $1,350, sat-nav and blind spot monitor with rear cross-traffic alert.

Adding all of these features will bump the price of the 2018 Lexus RX 450h to $52,975, a $1,055 drop compared to the 2017MY.

Joining the RX hybrid family next spring is the 450h L, with its three rows of seats, which pairs the 3.5-liter V6 engine with two electric motors that make a combined 308hp. Lexus still hasn’t announced pricing for this model, but the regular RX L comes with an MSRP of $47,670 in front-wheel drive, and $1,400 more for the AWD version.

http://www.carscoops.com/2017/12/lexus-drops-base-price-for-2018-rx-450h.html

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Nice video. As I understand it, Lexus did not increase the RX-L's wheelbase over the standard RX, but did increase the overall length 4 inches....at least that's what the Lexus reps at the D.C. show told us. They had one at the show, but up on an inaccessible platform.

You said in the video that you generally can't fit in any three-row seat comfortably...did you ever sample one from the last-generation GM triplets.....Traverse/Acadia/Enclave? That's (arguably) the roomiest 3rd-row seating I've seen. I'm not quite as tall as you (6' 2")...but significantly heavier.

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
I was lucky enough to inspect the new 2018 RX L and MDX together... here is my vid...

Great video. Was curious about the 3rd row. You're a big guy at 6'5" for sure and I'd probably be the limit to fit back there at 5'9", for both. Among the luxury imports, I read somewhere the QX60 has the slightly bigger space.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Great video. Was curious about the 3rd row. You're a big guy at 6'5" for sure and I'd probably be the limit to fit back there at 5'9", for both. Among the luxury imports, I read somewhere the QX60 has the slightly bigger space.

i would think that the seating position itself might be compromised, not just question of space, but maybe your knees end up in your mouth.

But I guess it has to be tried... our Euro market Corolla Verso had it at 4.4m lenght, and it was actually quite ok as long as you are under 6' and of course for smaller trips only.

If you are using it for school runs and also need more space in the trunk in general, sounds great option... I think it will expand RX market greatly.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Nice video. As I understand it, Lexus did not increase the RX-L's wheelbase over the standard RX, but did increase the overall length 4 inches....at least that's what the Lexus reps at the D.C. show told us. They had one at the show, but up on an inaccessible platform.

You said in the video that you generally can't fit in any three-row seat comfortably...did you ever sample one from the last-generation GM triplets.....Traverse/Acadia/Enclave? That's (arguably) the roomiest 3rd-row seating I've seen. I'm not quite as tall as you (6' 2")...but significantly heavier.

Being my size unless its a suburban (which I still wouldn't love to sit in) it just isn't for me. A van is the best bet. I haven't tried the new GM trio due to lack of interest. The last gen Enclave was roomier than both to me.

For short trips with smaller adults, kids, additional cargo room yes they make sense to people who refuse to purchase a van. It makes sense to offer this third row option in the RX L.

Yeah I think once you move the 2nd row forward you will be okay.