Official 8th Generation (2018+) 010B Camry Discussion

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Could be, however 4MYs only?
This generation is already in its 5th model year (2018 to present). We could be near the end of this generation. Perhaps the new generation will be introduced for the 2024 model year?

Are there more and bigger changes ahead for the Camry? (I am personally hoping for a Camry Prime PHEV model.)

They left out the Toyota infotainment upgrade?
Currently in its eighth design generation, the Toyota Camry is also just one year shy of its 40th anniversary in America.
I believe that there will be more changes coming.

With the big 40th anniversary approaching, I believe that there will be a 40th Anniversary edition of the Camry, so perhaps the multimedia system refresh could come with that special edition.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Traditionally the Prius marks the beginning of product cycles at Toyota, and usually the Hilux/Tacoma marks the end of a cycle. New Prius is scheduled for summer 2023. Current generation Camry came 2 years after Prius, so around 2025 I suppose.

Will1991

Reactions
But this time TMC launched EU Corolla Cross and JDM Noah and Voxy with the 5th gen HSD system… Don’t know what’s going to be new with the Prius…

Reactions
Traditionally the Prius marks the beginning of product cycles at Toyota, and usually the Hilux/Tacoma marks the end of a cycle. New Prius is scheduled for summer 2023. Current generation Camry came 2 years after Prius, so around 2025 I suppose.

And IIRC this should be the case with the Camry being revealed late 2024. 2023 should be the last year for this Camry.

Gosh dang time flies.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
There were some rumors of the Prius being hydrogen ICE + hybrid going forward?

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
May is quite early for Toyota to start churning out next model year vehicles. I wonder why?
Perhaps auto manufacturers have to take advantage of computer-chip deliveries when and where they can get them. There is apparently no guarantee any more that chip-orders can or will be delivered at any given time....it's take what you can get, when you get them.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
May is quite early for Toyota to start churning out next model year vehicles. I wonder why?
Here in Canada, there is a long waiting period for sedans. Showrooms are almost empty; there are crossovers (RAV4, Venza, Highlander) in showrooms but sedans (Corolla, Camry, Prius) are all order-and-wait: place an order now and your new car will arrive in 6, 8 to 12 months. Even Red Tag Days, Toyota Canada's annual sale, is an order-and-wait event.

So Toyota can announce its 2023 models now and they won't arrive until the normal start-of-new-model-year time in September / October.

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
Paper launches I guess will be May now. In year past at least for lexus, it was end of Juneish right before Summer to Remember started. SOP of the next MY usually has been August (I dont know about this year if their planned shutdown means anything).

Ali Manai

Follower
Reactions
20221123_194926.jpg
According to this mag x cover the first heading under mag x we ith brown crown lookalike says that orders for the current camry have been stopped and next gen to be announced next year though it doesn't specify when nor do i have this magazine though if orders have stopped it may not be that far off

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Stopping production now, but wont debut until next year?

There's no way.

Sulu

Admirer
Reactions
Stopping production of the Camry now would mean possibly losing out on sales, which I cannot imagine Toyota North America doing.