Ian Schmidt

Reactions
So is it possible to remove the spacers aftermarket and get the CT of everyone's dreams?

Will1991

Reactions
It seems so, yes.

Accordingly with what i've been reading this was what has been done from Corolla/CHR.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
From my view they need to make the Corolla with its 3 body styles or 4 if we add the CHR, they need to make them better and better much more than make a copy of them

Corolla name alone are from names that can be under Lexus brand if it was "name brand" instead of current "alfa-numeral brand"

Concentration on perfection for 1 will be much more better than just good 1000

Last edited:

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
19-08-25-lexus-ct-replacement.jpg

Lexus continues to hint at an upcoming replacement for the CT hatchback, with executive vice-president Koji Sato mentioning the model in a recent Autocar interview:

Sato also claimed Lexus needs an entry-level car to lure buyers moving up from non-luxury brands into showrooms.
The CT – ditched in the US but still on sale in Europe – is well overdue a replacement, but the brand is said to be weighing up sales of the new UX crossover to see when or if a new version is needed. However, Autocar understands it’s pencilled in for 2021 behind the scenes.

Lexus Europe director Pascal Ruch also discussed a new entry-level model with Autocar, suggesting the current CT 200h would remain on sale...

Continue reading...

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
In Canada, the UX gas model is just $5k CAD cheaper than the base IS.

I would take a 4IS Hybrid (if AWD) for $44k CAD anytime over a UX250H at $39k. :)

Will1991

Reactions
Only 2021 it’s too much... Even now is long overdue... Also, 2021 will be very close to UX facelift... 2020 would be perfect in my opinion.

@internalaudit , I do agree with you, and it amazes how well it sells when (In Portugal) a IS300h is also cheaper than the UX... And even now with a couple of years, the current IS is quite a looker in F Sport guise with red paint! :)

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Definitely looking forward to the 2CT. It would be nice if Lexus brought back the CT to North America.

Lexus could also put the 2.0L M20A-FKS from the UX.

CT 200 (M20A-FKS)
CT 200h (M20A-FXS)

phoenixss

Fan
Reactions
why Car based EV... everybody wants EV SUV. Not sure making an electric CT is the best choice.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Then why the best sellers are all car/sedan? See Leaf/Zoe/Model3?

Model 3 sells because it is desirable, Leaf and Zoe sell because of large incentives.

I wonder if Lexus/Toyota recognize this, they should.

phoenixss

Fan
Reactions
I don’t know Zoe, not in Canada that’s for sure. Indeed the Tesla is desirable, I’m considering them in a few years if Lexus doesn’t get on with the EV show. And a CT ain’t gonna do it for me. Their strategy of wait and see for EV Was terrible.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
I just watched this video last night (been watching a lot of car reviews lately and maybe that's the reason Scotty's video was being featured on the main page) and will probably hold off on purchasing any Tesla until I we get more feedback on how they hold up past the warranty period. The drive unit and the battery may last well beyond 10 years (giving Tesla the benefit of the doubt) but if other stuff break down without a lot of reliable aftermarket parts, the total cost of ownership for these Tesla's may start costing like many Euro brands.

Going Toyota/Lexus (new or used) is one of the sure fire way to not end up in the poor house lol.

internalaudit

Expert
Reactions
And that's not all. With Tesla, it's more like we will build them, and the buyers will come. Not sure if it is hubris or a portion of it.

For now that works because the TM3 is really the BEV with the longest driving, very good acceleration numbers, and great handling but I would prefer a more conventional dashboard setup where some functions are controlled via buttons, switches, toggle or stalks and others, through the touchscreen.

I was surprised that one very well demeanor-ed Canadian says he prefers the bare TM3 dash + 15" display over say the best Audi virtual cockpit with embedded display set up (if the latter were to be free of charge). He probably has to rationalize that he likes the interior too. The one good thing about Tesla is the display is probably run with a very high-end SOC unlike many car makers where the infotainment system could be laggy with not foreseeable upgrade but even my friend tells me that his display on his Model S has blanked out a couple of times already.

There's probably a reason why aircrafts and jets have a lot of gauges or displays and buttons. There's no way a single 15" screen is going to be easier to use for adjustments and what not when the car is in motion.

In addition, Tesla probably doesn't listen to focus groups or even heed current and future customer suggestions / wants because I did follow TMC for a year or so and none of what people wanted was put into the TM3 lol (better interior design and heated steering wheel).

Also the lack of ESA for the TM3 goes to show that Tesla has been hemorrhaging on repair costs under warranty and cannot afford to do so under an extended warranty for the TM3.

Last edited: