New Lexus Vehicle to Debut Next Week at Detroit Auto Show

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
A few thoughts:

1) I think many of us are expecting the LC, but I assumed they would debut the standard "LC 500" and "LC 500h" first, and then we'd see an LC F down the line. That surely isn't a hybrid, and I can't see the standard LC sounding like that - it's very aggressive for a 6 series/SL/S Coupe crowd. Will Lexus debut the LC F first?

2) Or could it be something different? Like a new concept, or a second LF-LC concept?

3) Or could it be a new IS F, as some have guessed?

Regardless of how it nets out, that's the most aggressive Lexus exhaust - I think - ever.

Hemi

Premium Member
Reactions
It might be the new LS because the LC has frameless windows, because when closing the door there should be a window winding back up sound.
Even though that the sound with the frameless windows sounds logical I dont think that this sound would belong to large sedan such as LS. Moreover there hasnt been any official message that LS will have LS F version as what I am informed which could have this kind of sound.

Reactions
Could this be a 5.0l V8 that can have a little more power and a lot more torque?! The excitement is killing me! Good thing it's almost Monday

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
That exhaust is music to my ears. I kinda hope it's an LS-F, but if it's the LC, that's OK too.

Reactions
It might be the new LS because the LC has frameless windows, because when closing the door there should be a window winding back up sound.
Even though that the sound with the frameless windows sounds logical I dont think that this sound would belong to large sedan such as LS. Moreover there hasnt been any official message that LS will have LS F version as what I am informed which could have this kind of sound.
That is the coolest thing I've heard, like how did you pick that out from that!?!

Hamed Al Ketbi

Founding Member
Reactions
OMGGGG
THAT SOUND JUST MADE ME EVEN LOVE LEXUS MORE AND MOREEEEE
Can I JUST BUY the CAR already?
I don't care what car is it or what model is it ...
As long as it is a Lexus MAN!!!
CAN'T wait
Lexus Means business ...
No more jokes!!
And I'm sure if a Lexus oversell the Mercedes in 2015
I'm sure Lexus will oversell the rest of the Germans with that sound really soon by the end of 2016!!
KEEP IT UP LEXUS!!

corradoMR2

Founding Member
Reactions
Brute power! WOW, unexpected. This is definitely more raw than the current F startup. Makes the RC F sound so tame! :D

Last edited:

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Could this be a 5.0l V8 that can have a little more power and a lot more torque?! The excitement is killing me! Good thing it's almost Monday
It already makes 389 ft-lbs of torque N/A. You cannot squeeze more torque out from an N/A engine. Only more horsepower with higher-revs and a flatter torque at higher rpms. That is about it. If you need more torque, N/A is the only option, but it will sound garbage unless it is done the way Mercedes has done with the 4.0 Liter TT V8 (where the turbos are actually inside the engine sitting in the middle of the 'V').

Faisal Sheikh

Admirer
Reactions
Hopefully, Lexus can squeeze out 100+ HP/Liter out of that 5.0 Liter V8 with a dual clutch transmission that can handle 8000+ rpm.

mordecai

Follower
Reactions
Wow, will Lexus unveil the LC with the F edition? That would be pretty ballsy of Lexus, something that Lexus hasn't shown much since the LFA.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
Wow, will Lexus unveil the LC with the F edition? That would be pretty ballsy of Lexus, something that Lexus hasn't shown much since the LFA.

it has been long rumored that LC will have V8 engine as base... so LC500 has been trademarked long time ago. We also guess that it wont be exactly the same engine as in GS-F but who knows, maybe it will be... It wont be considered an F though but LC500.

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
The sound-bite in the video (if that is the actual undoctored sound) is indeed strongly reminiscent of a lightly-muffled V8.......but don't forget, engineers these days can play all kinds of tricks with electronic noise (or noise-cancellation). Nevertheless, I'm reasonably confident it's the LC500.

Alshamsi

Fan
Reactions
Another one, sounds like a dual clutch or something.. it switches gears so fast.
And they said you wont believe your eyes! ?