My daily car crazy experience with Vossen

mikeavelli

Reactions
After getting behind the wheel of our latest visitor, a new Porsche GT3 RS, I thought maybe I should share my experiences with you all here. While I am a Lexus enthusiast, through Vossen I am lucky enough to drive & experience countless vehicles and events around the world.

Photo quality might not be the best since its mostly quick iPhone of Sony Z3 Xperia shots.

Feel free to ask any questions you have or if there is anything you want to see!

-mike-
Instagram- @mike_vossen

mikeavelli

Reactions
TR3 Performance GT3 RS....I'm a big guy so the seats are super snug lol.

This car is special, as soon as you look at it and sit in it. Goes like hell. N/A!!!

It's a dream car... Pricing starts at 180k or so but the market has them up to 350k already...

The black is special order...

image.jpeg image.jpeg

image.jpeg

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
It's a dream car... Pricing starts at 180k or so but the market has them up to 350k already...

This, IMO, is why some cars (especially halo cars like this) should be available for factory pick-up (at factory prices) without having to pay double that just to pad the accounts of some over-arrogant Porsche dealership. In this case, though, that might (?) require picking the car up at a European plant and shipping it back here to the U.S.....which would still probably be a lot cheaper than 350K total.

I know that some European automakers have the option of picking one's new car up in Europe and taking a mini-vacation there with it before coming back home....but ,as far as I know, it is still arranged and done through the dealership.

Anyhow, Mike, I can just imagine, with the latest Porsche engineering, how well it drove. ;) But I can remember, not that many years ago, when, if you weren't very careful with a 911 or any other rear-engined Porsche, the dreaded drop-throttle snap-oversteer could spin you out or land you in a ditch.

I'm a big guy so the seats are super snug lol.

Yep......small sports cars are not ideal vehicles for the lanky.

Do you remember the review I did on a new Lotus Elise back in 2007? For an LOL you would have remembered for years, you should have seen me trying to get in and out of THAT sardine-can. Too bad I didn't have a video of it. After about 20 minutes, the salesman told me to give up trying to get in.....it was impossible. I finally proved him wrong....was even able to drive it with the low fixed steering wheel and clutch.

Anyhow, congrats on a nice experience with the GT3. :)

Last edited:

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
I'm a 5' 9" reasonably slim guy and Porsches fit me like a glove, always have loved their seats....

TripleL

Premium Member
Reactions
Props Mike! What an experience that must have been. Thanks so much for sharing.

P.S. looks like you used up all the gas, how hard were you pushing it LOL

Reactions: CIF

mikeavelli

Reactions
I can't state enough how good this car drives. Seriously one of the best around. AMG really showed out here!image.jpeg

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Nice color...........but I guess you expected me to say that, as you know how much I like Amythist. ;)

Reactions: CIF

mikeavelli

Reactions
Its a crazy dip paint that flip flops color. OCH, this might be what you were waiting for. (not the color but dip that is like paint)

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Its a crazy dip paint that flip flops color. OCH, this might be what you were waiting for. (not the color but dip that is like paint)

I see what you mean about the color flip-flop. There's some teal-green around the headlight and front bumper.