Mercedes EQS

mmcartalk

Expert
Reactions
Also, I feel like they are using the 2 huge screens as an excuse to put less designs and quality feeling buttons on the dash and center console.

Ian Schmdt said:
What strikes me the more I see of this car is how 80s it looks everywhere, and not in the cool Countach kind of way. The exterior's a lot like the 1st through 3rd gen Ford Taurus, and the dashboard appears to have been stolen from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

I have to totally agree with Sebass and partly-agree with Ian. The lack of buttons in vehicles like this is not a good thing, although, of course, at one time, Olds and Buick once went overboard in the other direction, with TOO many identical buttons.

91 Olds 98 Regency Elite Radio Not Working: I Just Bought This Car...

I also fail to see the 80s characteristics, but do agree with Ian that the Star Trek dash is just too much.

mikeavelli

Reactions
Dan Neil ripped it on his FB page. It’s basically 6000lbs so he’s like how is this saving the environment lol

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
I hope it looks better in person (and it might) than in these pics or videos.
From an automotive business standpoint, vehicles like this do nothing to displace Tesla's dominance in the EV space.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Mercedes makes the "cheapest" BEVs in the industry. What a Joke. Other than size this one is indistinguishable from Smart #1. :LOL:

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
Man these slippery front end EV designs are killing me.

Do they have an option to lose a few % range to not regress car design?

NXracer

Admirer
Reactions
I assumed that MB would flip the script on aerodynamic engineering and design seeing they have probably the world's top expertise working their F1 teams...I guess i ASSumed too much.

"EVs get your Hard Boiled EVS Here" is the design from the entire industry as a whole. Just slap on some catchy alphanumeric and there you go.

IX vs EQS
Mercedes-EQS-SUV-8.jpg

IS-SV

Premium Member
Reactions
In person the exterior is not attractive. (S and Taycan are much nicer to look at)

I'll post pics of the one parked at a popular local resturant. These EQS cars are rare in Silicon Valley while the Taycan is relatively common at a significantly higher price.

Attachments

• F47A2841-E18B-452B-816C-79B2EA259C2B.jpeg
    F47A2841-E18B-452B-816C-79B2EA259C2B.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 13
  • 8A260DD2-4667-40A4-A1F4-7F0D318435DB.jpeg
    8A260DD2-4667-40A4-A1F4-7F0D318435DB.jpeg
    4.3 MB · Views: 13

mikeavelli

Reactions
In person the exterior is not attractive. (S and Taycan are much nicer to look at)

I'll post pics of the one parked at a popular local resturant. These EQS cars are rare in Silicon Valley while the Taycan is relatively common at a significantly higher price.

It’s really a giant last gen prius. All of them. Actually it gives me the old cab forward feel of the Chrysler Concorde, Dodge Intrepid..

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
I saw one yesterday. If you are looking at the rear it's decent. From every other angle I agree.

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
These EVs are giving me first gen 2000s electronics vibes.

I don’t know who the EQS is for. If I wanted an ev S class the lucid air or taycan get you a decent (if not entirely there) experience until a real electric S class arrives.

Last edited: