Mercedes EQS

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
The car does look impressive to me so far.

The only thing I have to wonder - and it's not EQS-specific - is how cars are going to age as they continue to become rolling computers. We are accustomed to disposable technology like phones, tablets, watches and computers... and we're used to upgrading and getting rid of those things every other year, if not sooner. A car is exponentially more expensive and should be less disposable (traditonally).

There's still a lot of charm in owning a an older S class, or E class, or LS, or GS, or [insert model here]. I just can't see much appeal in owning a 20 year old rolling computer. Maybe that's just me.

bogglo

Admirer
Reactions
The car does look impressive to me so far.

The only thing I have to wonder - and it's not EQS-specific - is how cars are going to age as they continue to become rolling computers. We are accustomed to disposable technology like phones, tablets, watches and computers... but we're used to upgrading and getting rid of those things every other year, if not sooner. A car is exponentially more expensive and should be less disposable (traditonally).

There's still a lot of charm in owning a an older S class, or E class, or LS, or GS, or [insert model here]. I just can't see much appeal in owning a 20 year old rolling computer. Maybe that's just me.
Since leasing is very common now it will explain the reason why car manufacturers are making cars more disposable. Especially manufacturers like Benz. Other car manufacturers are still playing it safe especially the ones that know that their car are been kept for a longer period (Lexus).

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
SAD
Tech guys talking about cars now!

Don't get me wrong I am already member in both sofiyan and marques but it's odd to see them give me their own impression about something totally different, but what made it more odd, and makes me more sad that they can defend this by really said that it's like any phone they testing

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Since leasing is very common now it will explain the reason why car manufacturers are making cars more disposable. Especially manufacturers like Benz. Other car manufacturers are still playing it safe especially the ones that know that their car are been kept for a longer period (Lexus).
Right. That seems like not a great strategy though, because what do you do with the lease returns?

LS500-18

Follower
Reactions
Aside from that big ugly screen, I'm sold! And I've owned two Model S's. Big screen does not equal luxury. But, I understand why they are doing it (to take attention and customers away from Elon).

Levi

Expert
Reactions
this car looks so cheap generic. does not look more expensive than Tesla 3.

Lexus LFZ is hands down the more luxurious car.

Motor

Expert
Reactions

Sebass

Follower
Reactions
Also, I feel like they are using the 2 huge screens as an excuse to put less designs and quality feeling buttons on the dash and center console. There simply isn't enough swooping lines or interesting design details to captivate me.
Just compare this interior to the LC's interior. This is focused more on technology, wheras the LC is about being artistic and having beautifully made switches that make you feel like you're doing something important even when you are just changing the radio station.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
But the EQS looks like a cheap digital LCD Casio watch. haha
What strikes me the more I see of this car is how 80s it looks everywhere, and not in the cool Countach kind of way. The exterior's a lot like the 1st through 3rd gen Ford Taurus, and the dashboard appears to have been stolen from Star Trek: The Next Generation.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Why I feel sad missing the W124 / W140 more and more with every new MERC car introduction!