Lexus USA Dealerships Want Large SUV "Escalade Fighter"

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
And from that point of view it already competes fine with the Escalade, which is also bought as a status symbol even though it's almost literally a body kit on a Suburban.

zeusus

Follower
Reactions
In any regards, it doesn't hurt to have more room in an LX to compete against the Escalade, which is most known as being a SUV limo for it's space both front and in the back.

All Lexus would have to do is come up with a next gen LX in standard form and also long form, which is easily doable. Same concept as they had with the RX, only on a larger scale.

Reactions
The Escalade is a tacky, tasteless, gin palace on wheels. Belonging to a brand that is going down the plughole fast.
Who wants to emulate that, and put off all your wealthy yet tastefully restrained clientele?
Why don't you repeat what you said to The Rock? Would you say that to a multi-billionaire action star?

https://www.tmz.com/2018/03/19/dwayne-johnson-the-rock-buys-father-cadillac-escalade/
0319-the-rock-father-new-car-cadillac-instagram-2.jpg

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
Dwayne Johnson is not a multi-billionaire. He is obviously a multi-millionaire...it's his money and he can spend it how he wants to...

mikeavelli

Reactions
I've had a LX for near two years and you know what I love about it. That it ISN'T an Escalade. Its relatively rare, a true off-roader and badass. I've fit 8 in it many times and while snug it does what it needs to do. Everywhere in Miami or Atlanta (hell every city) its full of black and white Escalades. Now they are well done today but not for me at all. Even QX's they are all over. Rarely do you see a LX or a G-Wagon.

Dealers want sales. So this is a really big issue and when they say "Escalade" they mean they want something like it ala QX, GLS, Naviator etc.

Now all those vehicles are bigger than the LX but they are priced much cheaper as a base price. Even the 5 seat LX starts 10k more than an Escalade. You can lease a QX for $599 a month like a GX or RX.

My only solution would be keep the LX as something like the G-Wagon. Pricey but for those that want a rugged SUV and want to be different. Then you still offer your new bigger Unibody SUV.

Nothing needs to be canceled. Look at how many SUV's the German offer. Keep the LX, make something bigger and cheaper, call it the VX whatever you want and keep everyone happy!

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
$20k off a 'Sclade makes it a Suburban with a *free* body kit ;)

I wonder if that means big SUV sales are slowing down, or people are just sick of Escalades.

Last edited:

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
^I think the Navigator has really hurt the Escalade, which is a little long in the tooth at this point. Navigator used to be a joke and then came out of nowhere and laid a smack down on the Caddy. Plus the X7 is about to drop, so there could be some people waiting for that as well.

Reactions
^I think the Navigator has really hurt the Escalade, which is a little long in the tooth at this point. Navigator used to be a joke and then came out of nowhere and laid a smack down on the Caddy. Plus the X7 is about to drop, so there could be some people waiting for that as well.

The Navigator literally came from left field. Nobody saw the sucker punch coming from Lincoln. Honestly as simple as that. Within a quick one, two, the Escalade is bye-bye.

LX>G>GLS>X7>Navigator>>*insert an SUV from an irrelevant brand here*>>>>>*insert a sedan*>>>Escalade

I just don't like the Cadillac at all. Only good thing from the Escalade is the leather and the powertrain. Quality is absolute zero.

Reactions
Most definitely the newest Navigator is much improved, and probably worth the money you'd spent at the Cadillac dealer. Still, the GMC Denali would be the better choice for someone not looking to stand out.

Dwayne may not be a multi-billionaire, but he can buy a fleet of LXs if he wanted to.
That article read it was written by a crackhead
Its TMZ, not exactly Pulitzer Prize winning journalism.