krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
2022-11-30-lexus-tx-rendering-hero.jpg

Japanese magazine Mag-X claims to have a photo of the upcoming Lexus TX three-row crossover, and it’s as good a guess as any:
2022-11-30-lexus-tx-prototype.jpg

Amazingly, the magazine was able to extrapolate a rendering from the spy shot, and it makes for an improvement over the new RX and its blended front end:
2022-11-30-lexus-tx-500h-rendering.jpg

Mag-X also claims the TX will be offered with the same 500h powertrain offered with the RX F SPORT Performance model, though the recent TX 550h trademark might disagree.
(I assume the actual magazine would have uncropped images, but I was unable to figure out how to purchase the downloadable version.)

Continue reading...

Ray99

Founding Member
Reactions
I just hope that Toyota/Lexus is serious about this. Hyundai Palisade is a strong competitor. Currently, none of Toyota/Lexus 3 rows SUV can compete with Palisade (in terms of 3rd row spaciousness)

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Man, they totally messed up the nomenclature. Can't believe a 550 number is going to go to a 4cyl.

Should've been:
(RX)TX350h+
(RX)TX400h
(RX)TX450h+

No 4-cyl should be in the 500 to begin with.. especially given the IS500, LC500 are V8s, and the LS500h/LC500h are V6s (hell, even those should've been badged 450h)

Reactions
Man, they totally messed up the nomenclature. Can't believe a 550 number is going to go to a 4cyl.

Should've been:

(RX)TX350h+

(RX)TX400h

(RX)TX450h+

No 4-cyl should be in the 500 to begin with.. especially given the IS500, LC500 are V8s, and the LS500h/LC500h are V6s (hell, even those should've been badged 450h)

Just look at it this way, Mercedes and BMW sneeze, Lexus catches the cold!

Levi

Expert
Reactions

Should've been:
(RX)TX350h+
(RX)TX400h
(RX)TX450h+

63 AMG = 4 cylinder

consolation is Mercedes AMG doesn't have more cylinders than Lexus.

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
The fact that they are OK with no family friendly city 3 row SUV in their lineup is ridiculous.

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
What is a "family friendly city 3 row SUV"? Can you show an example (with pictures)?
Like Acura MDX, Audi Q7 etc. What are the Lexus counterpart in this segment?
and a picture, if you didn't know them

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 9.04.58 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-09 at 9.04.58 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 24
Last edited:

Gor134

Admirer
Reactions
Gotta say, the Q7 still looks good after all these years. Though it's pretty old now lol.
Off-topic but pretty excited for the next-gen Q7... it's going to be taking on a sportier shape (I assume) as it'll have a Q7 Sportback model to replace the current Q8.

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
Gotta say, the Q7 still looks good after all these years. Though it's pretty old now lol.
Their design language to me is more like a combination of old and new. I guess they want those who like old see old and who like new see new. The issue for me is that it easily feels outdated when closing to a refresh cycle. I was still gonna buy it until I found out pretty much every Q7 in the US right now has matrix LED lights removed. I really don't want a halogen turn signals on 65K car.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Oh come on, don't call it old. What are Lexus/Toyota cars then? Dinosaurs? I don't get 5 year old car being old, 15 yes. By the way Lexus sells a 15 years old car, sells better than ever. "Old" cars are better, not because they are better but because new are worse.

Sulu

Expert
Reactions
Like Acura MDX, Audi Q7 etc. What are the Lexus counterpart in this segment?
and a picture, if you didn't know them
Toyota and Lexus dealers have been demanding a real 3-row crossover for some time now. The Grand Highlander and TX is that vehicle.

Reactions
Oh come on, don't call it old. What are Lexus/Toyota cars then? Dinosaurs? I don't get 5 year old car being old, 15 yes. By the way Lexus sells a 15 years old car, sells better than ever. "Old" cars are better, not because they are better but because new are worse.
It's 7, actually.

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
Toyota and Lexus dealers have been demanding a real 3-row crossover for some time now. The Grand Highlander and TX is that vehicle.
So you were the person who was trolling 'family friendly city 3 row suv'
and now where can I buy this Grand Highlander and this TX, genius?

yiantony

Fan
Reactions
TBH, It's pretty old since RX released in the same year has already got a new gen last year, and we still don't know when new gen Q7 will arrive. I'm in the market for a 3 row SUV and there is very limited options for now. :(