Lexus Releases First Teaser for Next-Generation RX

NVlaar

Follower
Reactions
Guys..look at the far right side of the first japanese rendering image . See the "2.7l" ? Is that the new engine under it's hood?:)

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Guys..look at the far right side of the first japanese rendering image . See the "2.7l" ? Is that the new engine under it's hood?:)

Lexus has been offering an RX with the 2.7L 1AR-FE four-cylinder in select markets since 2010. Japan is one of those markets, so I suppose its mention is just suggesting it will continue to be offered?

I wish I could find the original Japanese magazine for the full story.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Wow this looks hot! Very similar to those white Japanese renderings, insider info was given for that rendering for sure. However I am confident the proportions will be much better. Also I am confident that while edgier, the 4RX will still look very "RX".

I think the chrome along the window line is a brilliant touch, especially how it extends to the floating pillar. I am most excited to see the front, rear, and the interior. Can't wait!

Reactions
I guess the first thing I notice from the image is how close that rear wrap-around-window to the Japanese rendering from last month:

15-02-10-lexus-rx-next-generation-rendering.jpg

15-02-10-lexus-rx-rendering-rear-next-generation.jpg
Hello,

I just joined the site and I'm happy to see this new look on the RX. This picture looks promising.

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Just checking that same section on www.lexus.com right now shows "arriving late 2015". So looks like they modified it a bit :).

Noticed that myself! A strange change, really -- I think this suggests a soft launch starting in December with January 2016 being the first full month of sales.

Reactions: CIF

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Hello,

I just joined the site and I'm happy to see this new look on the RX. This picture looks promising.

Welcome! Love the profile picture with Yaguchi-san.

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Noticed that myself! A strange change, really -- I think this suggests a soft launch starting in December with January 2016 being the first full month of sales.

My thoughts exactly. Probably a limited volume trickling out in December, following by January 2016 being a full month of sales.

Wicus Kriel

Premium Member
Reactions
Hello fellow Lexus fans! Holding thumbs for an RX F and if so, it's release in South Africa :)

Whilst we wait for the 1st of April, is there any inside info on new powertrains that we can look forward to? My wish list, in order of preference:

[1] RX F
[2] RX Hybrid Turbo
[3] RX Turbo (6 cylinder - yes I know, would be nice though)
[4] RX Hybrid (latest version of the current config)
[5] RX Turbo (4 cylinder NX engine, a probability given the weight reduction)
[6] RX (latest version of the current naturally aspirated config)

Reactions
Greetings people. I found this site by happy coincidence looking at teaser shot of the new RX.
For the last 3years I have been searching for what my next suv should be. August 2014 my wife got a toyota highlander limited. I loved it but knew I didn't want the same car as her. I wanted something highly reliable like hers, sumptuous and that would coddle me. I came up with the RX. but absolutely HATED HATED HATED the centre stack with the STUPID mouse controller, so I left the thought of it. them my eyes perked up with the release of the NX. Albeit too small I still saw hope for the interior I saw.

Then I stumbled across a car and driver write up with the NEW RX teaser!. I swear to you good people, a maniacal laughter went off in my head. APRIL 1st. I anxiously await. For truly if all boxes are checked off, this is my next vehicle straight up cash purchase!! What I see so far looks ##### gorgeous!!

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeavelli

Reactions
I think it's safe to assume the RX styling will be very aggressive and even controversial inside and out. The RX interior back in 2009 was super stylish for its time. Surely tech will be updated as well.

It's engines I'm curious about the most.

Wicus Kriel

Premium Member
Reactions
I think it's safe to assume the RX styling will be very aggressive and even controversial inside and out. The RX interior back in 2009 was super stylish for its time. Surely tech will be updated as well.

It's engines I'm curious about the most.

Agreed! An RX F would be a dream come true :) Only two more days...

mikeavelli

Reactions
I now wonder will be just see the regular RX and will the hybrid and F-Sport debut elsewhere?

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Knowing Lexus, they will split standard, F-Sport, Hybrid, AWD and FWD all up into different "debuts" :D

mikeavelli

Reactions
Also maybe its just me but I would never do a reveal on April 1st lol.... I can see all the internet Lexus jokes comes a thousand miles away....

Reactions: CIF

CIF

Premium Member
Reactions
Also maybe its just me but I would never do a reveal on April 1st lol.... I can see all the internet Lexus jokes comes a thousand miles away....

Yeah, I wish they had done it March 31, or April 2 instead.