Lexus Releases First Teaser for Next-Generation RX

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
Absolutely love what I am seeing here... can't wait to see the rest of it!

RAL

Reactions
I thought it might be interesting to compare a similar side profile shot of the NX
14-04-21-lexus-key-features.jpg

Wow -- brightening up the image certainly reveals more than expected:

15-03-20-lexus-brightened-up.jpg

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Lexus.com says available January 2016, FYI!

Just looked for this, but can't find it -- can you take a screenshot and share, or post a direct link?

Thanks!

RAL

Reactions
I just sent the teaser to our sales associate at the dealer. He wrote back to say he already had some pics of the '16 RX in atomic silver! . . . well, blow me down! I'll believe it when I see it! He's gonna have to show 'em to me when we pick up the NX and I'll share if I can.

Last edited:

Hemi

Premium Member
Reactions
So far it looks fine. Hopefully it wont look like the " the Japanese rendering from last month".

Reactions
I think the rendering has the body correct. But the thing it has wrong is the shape of the grille, headlights and taillights. But everything else seems close

OlFius

Founding Member
Reactions
Exactly the same, right ?

It's uncanny how similar they are -- someone was definitely feeding the magazine some pretty solid details.
Yep, as I mentioned before 95% correct. Some details are different including the rear lights, the rear wiper is hidden akin to the current RX and it has chrome around the windows instead of the black plastic in the spy shots. A few proportions are odd too as well as the cut at the bottom of the doors.
Add another little detail: other door handles, looking good !

Reactions
It certainly looks very nice and exciting, but I'm disappointed to see that L-Finesse is definitely dead at this point. This is a complete departure from the RX as we know it. While Lexus has been accused of making "boring" designs, look at how well they've aged. The original ES 350 design is now nearly a decade old, and IMO it's still a beautiful car. The original RX 350 and GS 350 are even older, and they still look great. While these newer Lexus look really good now, in 10 years are they still going to look exciting or are they going to be tacky?

Reactions: RAL
Reactions
It certainly looks very nice and exciting, but I'm disappointed to see that L-Finesse is definitely dead at this point. This is a complete departure from the RX as we know it. While Lexus has been accused of making "boring" designs, look at how well they've aged. The original ES 350 design is now nearly a decade old, and IMO it's still a beautiful car. The original RX 350 and GS 350 are even older, and they still look great. While these newer Lexus look really good now, in 10 years are they still going to look exciting or are they going to be tacky?
The automotive industry is just like any other, it's all about selling vehicles in the present. In today's age they can no longer stick to the boring designs (although they may age well), they need to stand out now in the showrooms over other brands. How a vehicle sells on a used dealership 10 years from now gives no benefit to Lexus/Toyota in terms of profit.

I like the transition to sharper edges/lines that we've seen on the NX and now this RX teaser. I think some of the cars in the line up could also benefit from some of these rough edges.

D

DDas

I'm so excited for this! And Krew, am I missing something or is there no option to attach pictures anymore? I wanted to share a picture on here for the RX but there is no option to. :/

mikeavelli

Reactions
Anyone seen the new Murano?...similar rear "window" theme.

True and I like it there too....I think Lexus sees opportunity in really going with bolder looking SUVs since what was once just a few choices is now a sea of bland.....