Lexus LS F High-Performance Flagship to Debut at Tokyo Motor Show?

Reactions
MGGvX4y.gif

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
Isn't their reply usually "We don't comment on future products".

Well, they did get a response:

A Lexus spokesperson told us over email that he "can't confirm" an LS F and that the company is "launching the all-new 2018 LS LS 500 F-Sport, LS 500h (Hybrid) and LS 500 trims." That doesn't necessarily mean that the LS F isn't happening—it might be a 2019 model year car. Lexus Enthusiast says that the LS F could be on track for a debut next month in Tokyo, or Detroit in January.

PeterF

Follower
Reactions
I hate to sound like a teenager, but OMG!!! I'm drooling! LS F, LC F!! that rendering!!!

So, Lexus really is serious about staking out their position in the performance luxury market. Can't wait to see these cars! I'm going to Detroit show, it's not far from where I am

RichieRich

Founding Member
Reactions
They can't use twin-scroll turbochargers in the a V6, hence the low specific output. The V8 can get twin-scroll in each bank, allowing more specific output without sacrificing response. 2.0L I4-Ts with around 300hp are quite common these days, doubling that really isn't a problem.
Agreed. Getting 600HP out of a 4.0L twin turbo V8 doesn't seem to be a problem Lexus will have.

Reactions
A Lexus spokesperson told us over email that he "can't conFirm" an LS F and that the company is "launching the all-new 2018 LS LS 500 F-Sport, LS 500h (Hybrid) and LS 500 trims." That doesn't necessarily mean that the LS F isn't happening—it might be a 2019 model year car. Lexus Enthusiast says that the LS F could be on track for a debut next month in Tokyo, or Detroit in January.:
Didn't deny it either...so hopefully that bodes well here.

Rob Grieveson

Follower
Reactions
It had to happen actually if Lexus wish to remain competitors, would like to see them go further upmarket and produce a 'Japanese Bentley' they have the mesh grille already just need the body and maybe a V12? Time to take it to the market.

Trexus

Founding Member
Reactions
It had to happen actually if Lexus wish to remain competitors, would like to see them go further upmarket and produce a 'Japanese Bentley' they have the mesh grille already just need the body and maybe a V12? Time to take it to the market.

I agree as well. Lexus can take the V12 from the Toyota Century, refine it, increase horsepower and make an ultra luxury model that competes with Bentley/Rolls Royce/Maybach...

This model would have to have a different name than the LS. Can't think of a model designation now...it's late and I'm tired...

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
^
If so it have to be named Lexus Century with its own emblem as is
Just moved from Toyota to Lexus

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
An unfortunate lie by Japanese publications. I didn't buy it, being that only a trademark for LC-F even exists. Likely LS-FC instead. Funny though that you see prototypes of "loud" LS mules, yet nothing of the same for the LC...

krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
An unfortunate lie by Japanese publications. I didn't buy it, being that only a trademark for LC-F even exists. Likely LS-FC instead. Funny though that you see prototypes of "loud" LS mules, yet nothing of the same for the LC...

LC already has a V8 option, LS doesn't. The introduction of an LS-F with a twin-turbo V8 will certainly quiet the complaints surrounding LS powertrains, and I think the LC F is a car Lexus really wants to get right. Wouldn't be surprised to see an LS-F before the LC-F.

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
LC already has a V8 option, LS doesn't. The introduction of an LS-F with a twin-turbo V8 will certainly quiet the complaints surrounding LS powertrains, and I think the LC F is a car Lexus really wants to get right. Wouldn't be surprised to see an LS-F before the LC-F.

Is the element of surprise factor here? The lack of trademark filing for LS-F is odd, yet the car has more than likely been caught testing at this point.

Toyota unusally unveiled the LS 430 in January 2000, before filing/registering trademark protections later in March 2000. It began production that summer, before fall launch.

If someone had decided to file trademark for LS430 in late 1999, when
spy shots and rumours were flying around about the LS 400 replacmeent, they would've had an issue worse than Lexis Nexis in 1988-89.

Considering that RC-F was trademarked in January 2013 (22 months before launch). GS-F was trademarked in March 2013 (32 months before launch), and LS500h was trademarked in May 2015, I question these reports and wonder if 2019-20 is more likely.

Last edited:

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Is the element of surprise factor here? The lack of trademark filing for LS-F is odd, yet the car has more than likely been caught testing at this point.

Toyota unusally unveiled the LS 430 in January 2000, before filing/registering trademark protections later in March 2000. It began production that summer, before fall launch.

If someone had decided to file trademark for LS430 in late 1999, when
spy shots and rumours were flying around about the LS 400 replacmeent, they would've had an issue worse than Lexis Nexis in 1988-89.

Considering that RC-F was trademarked in January 2013 (22 months before launch). GS-F was trademarked in March 2013 (32 months before launch), and LS500h was trademarked in May 2015, I question these reports and wonder if 2019-20 is more likely.
If we are talking about 2019-20 we are saying that the LS-F won't be here until the facelift come

Carmaker1

Admirer
Reactions
If we are talking about 2019-20 we are saying that the LS-F won't be here until the facelift come

Unfortunately so, as I remember reading this somewhere. Why does spwolf come to mind? In regards to the TTV8 engine not being feasible before 2019-20 on the LC.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
So in the facelift we will have the V8 F, the Fuel cell and a major body facelift

This is crazy amount of money and tech which makes me start to feel either the 2020 will be a totally new generation hence the next S class will be around the same time or nothing of this will happen

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
The body changes to the LF-FC aren't *that* dramatic, it's mostly that the rear is different from the 5LS. But it would be nice to see a facelift have actual major new features for once.