krew

Site Founder
Administrator
Reactions
20-01-23-lexus-luxury-report-hero.jpg

Lexus has released a report looking at the future of luxury in the USA:

As part of ongoing efforts to exceed expectations, Lexus commissioned a study of more than 3,200 Americans from Gen Z to Baby Boomers. According to the study, exceptional experiences and quality top the list of demands. But new must haves have also entered into Americans’ future luxury expectations, including time for the occasional “digital detox,” a desire to be unique and an increased focus on wellness.

To be sure, this is focused on the entire luxury landscape, with no direct bearing on Lexus or its future plans. There’s also a section where those surveyed go all science-fiction and talk about 2050:
20-01-23-lexus-luxury-report.jpg

The full report...

Continue reading...

CRSKTN

Expert
Reactions
"We are actually planning for the future, we swear to god."

Call me naive in my positivity but i'm glad to see stuff like this.

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
Lexus has been doing a lot of market research lately. I've gotten a ton of Lexus Advisory Board surveys in the last 6 months, plus one really long survey that wasn't Advisory Board. Presumably this report is mostly the less valuable insights they've gotten from that stuff and they're working on the more useful items.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
I imagine the future more dystopian, like Elysium, so it is not all bright for everybody.

Last edited:

CT200h

Fan
Reactions
I commend Lexus for studies like these and the many great things they accomplish, however I would rather see more current day advancements and improvements to products. EV powertrains and improved entertainment and in car display screens and controls would be 1st on my list. Not studies or Cities or moon vehicles...........ugh

thtupid

Fan
Reactions
I love lexus. Really do. But...please for goodness sake. Please stick to making desirable cars. Or at least, perfect desirable cars first. Then look at expanding into general luxry. I get it. They are trying to expand the brand. But imho, the brand itself isn't established yet. It's getting there. But not yet.