mikeavelli

Reactions
Btw, i am sure you noticed that Lexus had one production vehicle there, RZ, while Toyota had what seemed like a ton of production ready vehicles.

Lexus might get EV versions of existing vehicles sooner than all new evs.

The only confirmed Toyota is the BEZ4 name I can’t remember. So one for Toyota and one for Lexus.

spwolf

Expert
Reactions
The only confirmed Toyota is the BEZ4 name I can’t remember. So one for Toyota and one for Lexus.

I know, but two smaller cars they had there - something like Yaris plus something like CHR were looking fully production ready.

Which makes sense since Europe is moving fast to BEVs and today bevs + phevs are 30% of German car market, and they were 2% two years ago.

meth.ix

Admirer
Reactions
so I guess the spindle grille would be pretty much done with when the entire lineup gets electrified, just leaving an outline of it in the sheetmetal

thtupid

Fan
Reactions
If the next gen IS looks even close to that I am so ready to switch over to a BEV! Especially if it is a solid state battery too!

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
I’m trying to figure if I should wait for the new one of get this current model of LS. Was just tuning to figure when the LS will be up for a remodel cycle.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
I’m trying to figure if I should wait for the new one of get this current model of LS. Was just tuning to figure when the LS will be up for a remodel cycle.

You've been saying that since before the refresh of this gen LS 😂

Reactions
@Gecko would have it by now but lost my job and slowly getting back on my feet. I have more than enough now for my down payment. 30% but with all this talk about the possibility of a new one should I just wait. I have tested the current model and it’s not roomy at all.

I would assume that Lexus is getting their act together and will build a much better RWD-based platform.

From what I gather, it doesn't look like the IS and RC will die, and the LS and LC are obviously important products for Lexus. I think there will be a huge incentive for Lexus to build a better platform in terms of interior space for the 6th generation LS.

And when the day comes for electrification, it could also support an EV powertrain.

Berto3818

Follower
Reactions
I think if they go back to the 4th gen body style and with new infotainment it will be awesome. The only thing I hope is they put that new TTV6 Hybrid or does everyone think it will be electric totally? The pic in the photo looks a lot like ot resembles the LF-FC and the LS+. IMO I just don’t think what they are asking for price wise is justified with this model.