Lexus ES Prototype Spotted in Vegas

James

Founding Member
Reactions
Looking back, ES250 AWD with a 4 banger was not what I had in mind. I'm sure there was an accountant involved somewhere in the decision making. I just hope they bring the ES Direct Hybrid with AWD and 300hp soon. The ES250 really is not that bad to drive. It's not a sports car but the ES never was intended to be. But the engine just falls short of the V6 especially for the people who are used to driving the ES350 everyday. If a new customer to Lexus that never owned an ES350 FWD gets in a ES250 AWD, they probably would love it. I just like more horsepower. If it had 500HP, I'd want 600.

Lexus once turned the Luxury car market upside down. It's my dream that Lexus decides to turn the Luxury Sports Car market upside down and make 700hp cars. But I know that's not what the majority of Lexus owners are looking from. But I can dream.
Why not have both? They are super successful in the bread and butter can't they just create an engine that they can use across the lineup for a true F? I mean hell isn't that what the Germans do? Their TTV8s are spread across all their cars/SUVs.

Reactions
Why not have both? They are super successful in the bread and butter can't they just create an engine that they can use across the lineup for a true F? I mean hell isn't that what the Germans do? Their TTV8s are spread across all their cars/SUVs.
I 100% agree with you. I sell Lexus cars for a living. If I had more interesting cars, I'd sell more Lexus products. I've had 7 personal AMG cars. I loved them! And I hated them! I bought them for performance. I am 50 years old and not looking for a track car. I want fast GT cruisers. The AMG cars are great to drive. Sucks to maintain. Depreciation is horrible. If we can match their performance and get more aggressive in looks, without the reliability and maintenance issues, we would have more converts to the Lexus brand. But a bean counter will say it's not worth it. I understand, Lexus still has to run a business and sports cars do not have a great return on investment. But can you put a price on Street Creds that will make the rest of your lineup sell more?