Rydo

Follower
Reactions
I could accept CUVs only, but on condition of at least one RWD(-based) one. At BMW and Mercedes you can get X3/X4 and GLC Wagon/Coupe, at Alfa you can get Stelvio and Maserati is coming with a long-wheel based Stelvio derived one too, not the forget the Genesis GV70.

I think when you get to a stage when you physically type 'I could accept CUVs only' then it's already too late, there is a blind devotion to the brand and a clutching at straws sense of acceptance of things that they do.

CUVs only when Merc, BM and Audi have probably 20 models in their lineup is a joke and shows Lexus have ultimately given up. I don't want to associate with a brand whose only ambition is to sell blobs.

Gecko

Administrator
Reactions
MOD NOTE: Let's keep this thread on topic - some posts have been moved accordingly. This is not a pro-Acura, pro-Genesis, or anti-Acura, anti-Genesis thread.

Thanks.

Levi

Expert
Reactions
On French news site they say CT (200h), IS (300h) and RC (300h) will be discontinued in all Europe. I must say it is no wonder, we all know why.

Yet interestingly, if the numbers quote are true, here are the non CUV sales figures for since the beginning of the year in Europe:
CT: 2234
IS: 1101
RC: 422
LS: 58

The oldest car (10 years) sells the most, the LS, the only one to remain on sale is a total failure sales wise, and must be the worst selling LS ever, even the previous gen sold more at the end of its long career.

With the LS selling so badly, an LS F with TTV8 can only do better.

Lexus should also kill the LS, and make it a Taycan or EQS, an electric LS would sell more even if according to TMC ther is no BEV market.

A total failure of Lexus Europe marketing department.

Reactions
I have to say that my 2017 CT200h F sport is one of the best cars I have owned. Perfect daily driver around the city and phenomenal gas mileage. Working for Lexus, I meet a lot of other very happy owners of this model. In fact, I don't think I have ever met a CT200h owner who was not happy with the car. It is sad to see a this model slowly fade away.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
the LS, the only one to remain on sale is a total failure sales wise, and must be the worst selling LS ever, even the previous gen sold more at the end of its long career.

There is currently ONE for sale in the entire UK, absolutely outrageously rare and appallingly low sales car.

To put it another way, the 20 year old LS430 has at least 10-15 for sale at any one time compared to this brand new model.

I think it can only be to do with 2 things - 1. the price is too high as Lexus continue to push into high price brackets rather than great value for money price bracket. 2. no V8 and undesirable hybrid/CVT only option powertrain wise.

The car makes next to no sense compared to the competition - you have to REALLY love that look of it to buy one - there is no other compelling reason.

I love it and hope to buy one used someday but fear I'll never see one!

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
The 5LS managed to make every buyer demographic of the LS upset. American buyers lose the V8, Japanese buyers lose the subdued look and traditional comfort, Chinese buyers lose the interior space. And in Europe, I don't really know what they did wrong but might just be a brand prestige problem.

Rydo

Follower
Reactions
And in Europe, I don't really know what they did wrong but might just be a brand prestige problem.

Lexus aren't even considered a true luxury competitor here, at least not in the UK alone. If there are head to head road tests between vehicles, it's always the Audi, Mercedes and BMW. Sometimes even Volvo are included in the test. But rarely ever Lexus.

They have suffered in the UK from an onslaught of marketing from the Germans over the years to the point where the general public consider German as the pinnacle of quality, reliability and engineering.

Meanwhile, Lexus has suffered from poor marketing, wrong product with inadequate engine choices and a poor brand image that essentially matches that of Buick in the USA - old age owners who drive at 5mph under the speed limit.

Any products that Lexus did make decent sales on they have allowed to stagnate and then killed: CT and IS in this case.

With that in mind, the older LS generations were appreciated by some as bargains for their V8 power and overall comfort. There is a small but extremely loyal Lexus following here. With the V8 dead and an ever increasingly stupid emphasis on 'sporty' and 'dynamic' handling characteristics, that small owner base has probably turned elsewhere. The German offer so much choice with their luxury offerings, its easy to see why.

This, coupled with the ever growing SUV/CUV trend. Where once someone would have bought an S-Class or CL/S-Coupe, the same buyer is now shopping a GLS or GLE instead.

maiaramdan

Expert
Reactions
Which is very different in some western and in all the eastern European states

In Russia , Toyota means the pinnacle and the foremost, the ultimate and we even imported a lot of RHD JDM models

The more strange thing that the Camry seen as the most modifiable car and it has a real huge club fan

Levi

Expert
Reactions
Which is very different in some western and in all the eastern European states

In Russia , Toyota means the pinnacle and the foremost, the ultimate and we even imported a lot of RHD JDM models

The more strange thing that the Camry seen as the most modifiable car and it has a real huge club fan

Russia (and most eastern northern countries) have a very rough environment and rudimentary infrastructure/connection, so devices must be reliable first of all. Toyotas are and as a bonus even add goodies. Get stranded can mean death, or in best case alot of problems and much money. There Germans cars are toys and for showing off, when time get tough, all dream of a Landcruiser, the 'S Class' when life gets ugly.

ssun30

Expert
Reactions
Yes if you go to Toyota Club you see those Russians are extremely obsessive with reliability. There are certain Toyota engines that are generally considered very reliable but not reliable enough in Russia lol.