Levi

Expert
Reaction score
I could accept CUVs only, but on condition of at least one RWD(-based) one. At BMW and Mercedes you can get X3/X4 and GLC Wagon/Coupe, at Alfa you can get Stelvio and Maserati is coming with a long-wheel based Stelvio derived one too, not the forget the Genesis GV70.

Will1991

Admirer
Reaction score
Thank you a lot @Joe !

We can assume with a pretty good amount of certainty that the RZ450e is a 2024 SUV, perhaps a 2023 launch given the rise in BEV’s.

It also goes in line with the latest trademarks (NX450h+ and RX450h+).

That settles it for me then, no BEV sedan in Lexus line up in the foreseeable future.

Reactions: Joe

Rydo

Follower
Reaction score
I could accept CUVs only, but on condition of at least one RWD(-based) one. At BMW and Mercedes you can get X3/X4 and GLC Wagon/Coupe, at Alfa you can get Stelvio and Maserati is coming with a long-wheel based Stelvio derived one too, not the forget the Genesis GV70.
I think when you get to a stage when you physically type 'I could accept CUVs only' then it's already too late, there is a blind devotion to the brand and a clutching at straws sense of acceptance of things that they do.

CUVs only when Merc, BM and Audi have probably 20 models in their lineup is a joke and shows Lexus have ultimately given up. I don't want to associate with a brand whose only ambition is to sell blobs.

Gecko

Connoisseur
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
MOD NOTE: Let's keep this thread on topic - some posts have been moved accordingly. This is not a pro-Acura, pro-Genesis, or anti-Acura, anti-Genesis thread.

Thanks.

Levi

Expert
Reaction score
On French news site they say CT (200h), IS (300h) and RC (300h) will be discontinued in all Europe. I must say it is no wonder, we all know why.

Yet interestingly, if the numbers quote are true, here are the non CUV sales figures for since the beginning of the year in Europe:
CT: 2234
IS: 1101
RC: 422
LS: 58

The oldest car (10 years) sells the most, the LS, the only one to remain on sale is a total failure sales wise, and must be the worst selling LS ever, even the previous gen sold more at the end of its long career.

With the LS selling so badly, an LS F with TTV8 can only do better.

Lexus should also kill the LS, and make it a Taycan or EQS, an electric LS would sell more even if according to TMC ther is no BEV market.

A total failure of Lexus Europe marketing department.