Issues with 2019 Lexus ES 350 Stock Audio System

Reactions
Post-amp swap update: Definitely a marked improvement in sound, though it seems they're sticking to the non-uniform supply of power to all speakers. But that's fine. Where before, I'd say the volume ratio, front to rear was 90/10, now it seems like a 60/40...but perhaps that has to do partly with fewer speakers in the rear, compared to the front.

The invoice receipt confirms the proper part number was used, 86280-06260, so I'm satisfied.

It really does sound terrific overall, in my opinion. Thanks again to all who contributed to this thread.

Reactions
I just bought a 2019 ES 350 F Sport and had seen all of the complaints about the stock pioneer audio system being too quiet in the back. Sure enough when I fade to the back the sound is very week. So I looked under the back deck and there are no speakers in the back deck except for a sub woofer mounted in the middle. The only speakers in the back are the small rear door speakers. That is why it is so quiet. So this is by design it’s not defective. I do wish my ES had the mark levenson system but I am happy with the overall sound once I figured out it is not broken. I think it would have been nice if they had placed 2 decent sized speakers under the back deck on either side of the sub but overall I am pleased with the sound I get from this system. The car is so quiet you don’t need a super loud system to enjoy your music in this car.

Attachments

• 47373477-7FC6-4F03-9E69-6BBC557EF31A.jpeg
    47373477-7FC6-4F03-9E69-6BBC557EF31A.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 6
Reactions
Like K above, I bought a 2019 ES350 (used/pre-owned). When evaluating a car, I always turn the stereo off so as not to be distracted. BIG mistake on this car. I have since replaced the THREE dash speakers (although the center one was pretty much of a joke and does not seem to do much) and that helped noticeably. I temporarily plugged in Rockford Fosgate 6x9 speakers in the front doors, but there just is not enough power there to make a difference. I appreciate knowing about the TSB, but its not going to do me any good.