Issues with 2019 Lexus ES 350 Stock Audio System

Reactions
I totally understand the purpose of fading, but you should not lose the ranges in the sounds (highs lows) etc. It sounds muted. It's not the same clarity to me.

mikeavelli

Reactions
I've only had my IS350 (fully loaded) for 3 weeks and I keep saying this but I'm starting to regret coming over to Lexus from Infiniti. The Bose system with Infiniti has fantastic booming sound and has much more features and controls. As many people are saying the Lexus sound is not properly balanced and you can't tweak it enough. (lack of fine-tuning settings) And sorry... you can't test this in 30 seconds...even a test drive for 20 or 30 minutes isn't enough time to truly understand all the settings and features in the vehicle. I'm 3 weeks in and I'm still adjusting the settings.
I'm venting now but another thing that really upsets me is when I get into someones entry level vehicle like a Kia and I'm impressed with the sound system, or other standard features.

To me their sound systems to be among the worst around. Had a loaded Q50 company car for a few months and the sound system (and overall infotainment) was a disaster. Maybe they changed things in later years.....

I totally agree it takes months to figure everything out in a car. Right when I got rid of my LS F-Sport I accidentally figured out how to adjust the seat belt height lol...

Reactions
was a disaster
/a disaster, really? I've had 3 Infiniti sedans and every one of them had a better sound system than this 2018 Lexus. Matter of opinion I guess. Also, accessing the settings was at the touch of one button 'Audio' not fiddling with an over-sensitive mouse that jumps all over the place. Maybe I'll get used to navigating the system but the sound quality, especially at low normal listening volumes is very poor.

FearTheYu

Founding Member
Reactions
I do not like the haptic feedback. If you prefer to use it like a mousepad without that feed back, go to Settings > General > Feedback and set it to the lowest settings. I prefer the lowest/off setting when using the touchpad. Hope this helps!

Reactions: RAL
Reactions
I do not like the haptic feedback. If you prefer to use it like a mousepad without that feed back, go to Settings > General > Feedback and set it to the lowest settings. I prefer the lowest/off setting when using the touchpad. Hope this helps!
Thanks for the tip I will give that a try. Using it while driving is even worse!

Reactions
Me too! I love tech and that's why I'm very fussy when it comes to a vehicles infotainment system.

Reactions
Hoping I can ask another question... I have the long range remote starter and have started to use it. Is it suppose to turn off when I open the door? Today I hit the unlock on the key fob and it turned it off right away. Is that right?

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
That's right. Not my favorite feature since if I'm pre-heating/pre-cooling the car I clearly want to go somewhere.

Reactions
Yes, I just read the manual on the remote starter. I guess once the door is open you need to go through the regular startup procedure...foot on the brake etc.

Reactions
I just purchased my 2019 ES and thought the same thing about the audio coming from only the front. I switched over from an Infiniti Q50; with much better sound. What advise to you give to try to balance the sound?

Reactions
I just purchased my 2019 ES and thought the same thing about the audio coming from only the front. I switched over from an Infiniti Q50; with much better sound. What advise to you give to try to balance the sound?
I've left the fade in the center because as soon as you fade to the back even a little, you end up losing the fullness of the sound. I've only adjusted the highs, mids and bass to get the sound I like, but I still find you have to turn it up to about 30 before it starts sounding good. To me the low volumes sound tinny.. Almost like satellite radio... Don't like it. Infiniti was well rounded sound at any volume.

Reactions
I just checked with my local Lexus dealer about this issue, and they said that Lexus is aware of the sound problem and planning a software fix. No ETR, but they confirmed that both pioneer and ML sound system configuration are having the same issue. Meantime, I will just enjoy driving the car as is.

I could not be more disappointed with the ML in my 19 ES Fsport. This problem with all the volume coming from the front/center is a disaster. I cannot even listen to it because it is disorienting to hear most of the music in my right ear. (Frankly, even the properly running ML in other models doesn’t hold a candle to upgraded stereos in other brands, but that’s beside the point).

What did they say about a potential software fix for this disaster? Shame on Lexus for even releasing the cars with this problem. ML is a gimmick altogether. It’s advertised as god’s gift to sound but the ELS in my previous Acura blows ML out of the water in every category. Sound quality is important to me, so I’m done with Lexus after this lease.

Reactions
I have to agree. The ML is nothing more then a name. The quality is not there. It is such a let down. Part of the excitement of buying a premium vehicle is enjoying the premium sound, but Lexus has missed it!

Reactions
I am well passed the days of trying to turn heads while driving with the windows down and heavy bass coming from the car. This is a valid concern expressed by many people that I'm speaking to. It's a matter of good quality full sound. It's not a bass issue.
A Lexus sales rep told me that if you were to put a sound system in your home equivalent to the ML system, it would cost about $80k....and he was told that at a training session. That's rediculous!

Ian Schmidt

Reactions
I think he meant the LS version of the ML system, which is quite nice. And ML's home components are quite pricey.

JCD

Reactions
I am in my second week of owning my new Lexus ES350 Luxury. One of the few options I did not get was the ML audio system. Did not think I needed it based on my experience with my 2016 ES350 audio system. Was not ML but the sound was just fine so I did not even think to check it our on the new ES. The new one is horrible!!. I should have checked it out before I got the car. I have the same experienceothers are reporting with fading the sound to the rear. Once you pass the mid point on the fade control, the sound virtually disappears. Lexus should be ashamed to put this audio system on the market. Love the rest of the car. The non ML sound system does not belong in this price or quality of an automobile.